Is Jesus still a human being

Gary K

Banned
Neither of these verses say, "Jesus dwells in us through the Holy Spirit," in any way, shape, or form.

Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

Yes, you keep quoting this verse.

But no matter how many times you do, it doesn't say what you want it to say.
I know Jesus isn't the Holy Spirit, There is only one HS. There is only one Jesus and He is still human. Your objections to your own assertion seem to be getting desperate.

Gary K

Banned
That is why I told you that He is not JUST human. That is heresy.

It is not His physical body that lives in us. It is His Spirit!
His spirit or the Holy Spirit? There is no Biblical evidence that there are two Holy Spirits.

Lev_26:12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Which Paul paraphrases as the following.

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That Jesus can not personally dwell in any of us because He is still human.

Do you deny that Jesus is God? Yes / No

His spirit or the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is a Person.

Or do you deny that too?

There is no Biblical evidence that there are two Holy Spirits.

Not what was said.

Lev_26:12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Which Paul paraphrases as the following.

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Yes, Jesus, who is God, and who is also a Man, lives within us.

Gary K

Banned

Or do you deny that too?

Jesus' spirit

Not what was said.

Yes, Jesus, who is God, and who is also a Man, lives within us.
You denied that the Holy Spirit was for Christians as in John 16:7. The Holy Spirit is the only way Jesus can dwell within us, teach us, and change us. Paul tells us this in multiple places in the NT.

oh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2Co_3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

1Co_12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

There is more but this is enough to make my point.

You're the one saying the spirit of Jesus. As I said there is only one Holy Spirit

Right Divider

Body part
His spirit or the Holy Spirit?
Rom 8:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (8:10) And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. (8:11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
There is no Biblical evidence that there are two Holy Spirits.
Again you make false accusations. Nobody said that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You denied that the Holy Spirit was for Christians as in John 16:7.

No.

What I said was that the Holy Spirit as a Helper was not for the Body of Christ.

Please pay attention.

The Holy Spirit is the only way Jesus can dwell within us, teach us, and change us.

False.

Paul tells us this in multiple places in the NT.

(J)oh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Once again, this statement is for Christ's disciples.

It's not for the Body of Christ, which didn't even exist yet.

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

This verse says nothing about the Holy Spirit "dwelling within us, teaching us, or changing us."

2Co_3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

This verse says nothing about the Holy Spirit "dwelling within us, teaching us, or changing us."

1Co_12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

There is more but this is enough to make my point.

So far, your point hasn't been made at all.

You're the one saying the spirit of Jesus.

No, that was RD. But I agree with him.

Please pay attention. We don't even have anywhere remotely close to the same avatar, and just because both of our usernames have "right" in them, doesn't mean they're not distinguishable from each other.

As I said there is only one Holy Spirit

Yes, we agree.

Now, answer what was asked of you:

Or do you deny that too?

Gary K

Banned
No.

What I said was that the Holy Spirit as a Helper was not for the Body of Christ.

Please pay attention.

False.

Once again, this statement is for Christ's disciples.

It's not for the Body of Christ, which didn't even exist yet.

So far, your point hasn't been made at all.

No, that was RD. But I agree with him.

Please pay attention. We don't even have anywhere remotely close to the same avatar, and just because both of our usernames have "right" in them, doesn't mean they're not distinguishable from each other.

Yes, we agree.

Now, answer what was asked of you:
So unless a verse says exactly what you require it to say it's meaningless.

So if the Holy Spirit is the one who seals us for our redemption that has nothing to do with converting us, changing us or anything else in our lives having to do with salvation?

If we can't even acknowledge that Jesus is God without the Holy Spirit's influence on us He still does nothing for us?

And if the Holy Spirit writes God's law in the fleshy tables of our heats He is still doing nothing for us?

I am forced to say you have some odd ideas of what the word nothing means.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So unless a verse says exactly what you require it to say it's meaningless.

Nope.

So if the Holy Spirit is the one who seals us for our redemption that has nothing to do with converting us, changing us or anything else in our lives having to do with salvation?

See RD's verse above.

If we can't even acknowledge that Jesus is God without the Holy Spirit's influence on us He still does nothing for us?

And if the Holy Spirit writes God's law in the fleshy tables of our heats He is still doing nothing for us?

I am forced to say you have some odd ideas of what the word nothing means.

You have so many questions, but give very few answers.

Please answer the questions I asked you.

Or do you deny that too?

Gary K

Banned
Nope.

See RD's verse above.

You have so many questions, but give very few answers.

Please answer the questions I asked you.
I have many questions because I don't like being dogmatic.

Yes, Jesus is God and so is the Holy Spirit. That, should be obvious as I don't believe I have called Him an it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have many questions because I don't like being dogmatic.

Yes, Jesus is God and so is the Holy Spirit. That, should be obvious as I don't believe I have called Him an it.

So Jesus is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, yet it can't be Jesus who lives within us?

Why?

Gary K

Banned
So Jesus is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, yet it can't be Jesus who lives within us?

Why?
Because He is still a human being. His omnipresence is part of what he sacrificed to save us. It helps demonstrate His love for we sinners as it shows how much He gave up for us for eternity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because He is still a human being.

So what?

His omnipresence is part of what he sacrificed to save us.

Book, chapter, verse, please.

It helps demonstrate His love for we sinners as it shows how much He gave up for us for eternity.

It would help that you don't just go assuming the truth of your position.

Gary K

Banned
So what?

Book, chapter, verse, please.

It would help that you don't just go assuming the truth of your position.

Joh_20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Joh_20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

I asked for book, chapter, and verse where the Bible says "His omnipresence is part of what he sacrificed to save us."

This verse does not support that.

Again, Book chapter and verse for where the Bible says "His omnipresence is part of what he sacrificed to save us."

Gary K

Banned
So you assume that this body has constrained the SPIRIT OF CHRIST to a single location?

Try again...
Assume? You can be in more than one place at a time? Jesus gave up that ability for eternity. We've already gone through this. There is no quadriaty. There is only the trinity. the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
John 1:47-51 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:47) Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! (1:48) Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. (1:49) Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. (1:50) Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. (1:51) And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.​
Nathanael was not impressed that Jesus could see him with His eyes.
Jesus did not call His physical vision a "great thing".

Last edited: