Is Jesus still a human being

Gary K

Banned
I was told the following was an off topic post and told to start a new thread. So here goes.

Here's the post.

I've now started the new thread so what do you think? Is Jesus still a human being?

Gary K

Banned
Jesus is currently both God and Man, yes.
Then how does He live within us? He told His disciples it was better for them that He went away. Why?

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Right Divider

Body part
Then how does He live within us? He told His disciples it was better for them that He went away. Why?

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Again, your confirmation bias blinds you to other possibilities.

WE, the body of Christ, are not on the same "program" as the 12 Israelite's that were His disciples during His earthly ministry to Israel.

Gary K

Banned
Again, your confirmation bias blinds you to other possibilities.

WE, the body of Christ, are not on the same "program" as the 12 Israelite's that were His disciples during His earthly ministry to Israel.
You're the one who said Jesus lives within us.

Right Divider

Body part
You're the one who said Jesus lives within us.
Check the posts, it was @JudgeRightly that said that.

But I agree with him. The Bible says that we (the body of Christ) have the mind of Christ.

1Cor 2:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:16) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Christ is our HEAD. We are His body. That's a very close relationship.

Gary K

Banned
Check the posts, it was @JudgeRightly that said that.

But I agree with him. The Bible says that we (the body of Christ) have the mind of Christ.

1Cor 2:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:16) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Christ is our HEAD. We are His body. That's a very close relationship.
Yes. It is very close. It's like this.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then how does He live within us?

I don't know how. It probably has something to do with the fact that He is also God, and that God is Spirit.

He told His disciples it was better for them that He went away. Why?

I'm not seeing the connection between this and your original post...

Please make an argument.

Yes. It is very close. It's like this.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

If we have the mind of Christ, who kept the law perfectly, how is that different than the fruit of the Spirit that breaks no law?

Not breaking a law that exists is not the same as no law existing.

That you continue to conflate the two shows your belligerence in the matter.

Gary K

Banned
I don't know how. It probably has something to do with the fact that He is also God, and that God is Spirit.

I'm not seeing the connection between this and your original post...

Please make an argument.

Not breaking a law that exists is not the same as no law existing.

That you continue to conflate the two shows your belligerence in the matter.
So Paul didn't know a law existed? I find that a very odd claim. The assertion was made that Jesus Himself dwells within us. I asked how that could be as Jesus is still a human being.

Then you come along with us having the mind of Christ, which I had forgotten about. The claim had been made that the HS was not for the "body of Christ" and thus my question. So how does the mind of Christ differ from the fruit of the indwelling Spirit in the ability to keep the law of God for the fruit of the Spirit, according to Paul, breaks no law which by definition includes the 10 commandments.

Gary K

Banned
You are, once again, trying to disprove claims that nobody is making.
It seems like you have reading comprehension problems.
Go read the following post.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So Paul didn't know a law existed? I find that a very odd claim.

As RD said, you should find it odd, because it's not what I claimed.

Try re-reading what I said.

The assertion was made that Jesus Himself dwells within us. I asked how that could be as Jesus is still a human being.

Because Jesus is also God. And God is Spirit.

Then you come along with us having the mind of Christ, which I had forgotten about.

Sounds like you need to read your Bible again.

The claim had been made that the HS was not for the "body of Christ" and thus my question.

The Holy Spirit as a Helper was not intended for the BoC.

So how does the mind of Christ differ from the fruit of the indwelling Spirit in the ability to keep the law of God

for the fruit of the Spirit, according to Paul, breaks no

No.

Not "breaks no law."

"There is no law against."

They ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

You will never understand if you continue to conflate the two.

law which by definition includes the 10 commandments.

There's your problem.

It does not have to include the ten commandments.

It could be as simple as "do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Or it could be all 613 (iirc) of the Jewish Old Testament laws. Or it could be the law of the land that you live in.

The law is simply "knowledge of good and evil."

Gary K

Banned
As RD said, you should find it odd, because it's not what I claimed.

Try re-reading what I said.

Because Jesus is also God. And God is Spirit.

Sounds like you need to read your Bible again.

The Holy Spirit as a Helper was not intended for the BoC.

No.

Not "breaks no law."

"There is no law against."

They ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

You will never understand if you continue to conflate the two.

There's your problem.

It does not have to include the ten commandments.

It could be as simple as "do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Or it could be all 613 (iirc) of the Jewish Old Testament laws. Or it could be the law of the land that you live in.

The law is simply "knowledge of good and evil."
Jesus dwells in us through the HS, Paul says so multiple times.

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

[box[ Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. [/box]

1Th_4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Rom 8:9 (KJV) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 (KJV) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 (KJV) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus dwells in us through the HS, Paul says so multiple times.

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Neither of these verses say, "Jesus dwells in us through the Holy Spirit," in any way, shape, or form.

1Th_4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

Yes, you keep quoting this verse.

But no matter how many times you do, it doesn't say what you want it to say.