Is Jesus God?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tell me JR, who has the power to send me screen notices?

I made no accusation about any one person. Your acting guilty.

Who ever did it I forgive them but I can not see the church leadership doing it. Bob and Knight are men who would not do it. In fifteen years on this site I never would have thought this would happen.

With my mod panel I can see all the notices sent. I read through all the infraction notes you have been sent. None of them ask you to leave. Screen notices come from the infractions. The one the comes closest to it is this one that I sent: This is a Christian (Trinitarian) site. If you want to continue posting here, you need to show some respect in your interactions. And another thing, do not PM the mods about this. It will get you another infraction. The decision to infract you for this is final.:

Trolling the PM box is the reason why I have closed the PM box to all but staff and contacts. It will actually save you from getting infractions for PM box trolling of staff because that avenue has been shut down.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
A box came on my screen and said leave this site...

Yeah, that seems likely: someone who has the ability to cause--at will, and at their own discretion--your presence on this site to cease, sends you a message, saying, "Leave this site"?? Think about it: if they want you off the site, do you really think that they're going to bother speaking to you in the imperative mood to tell you to take a hike, leaving it up to you to obey their suggestion/request/demand, and giving you the opportunity to respond by saying something like "...or else what? Are you going to kick me off?" Think, McFly, think!

keypurr

Yeah, that seems likely: someone who has the ability to cause--at will, and at their own discretion--your presence on this site to cease, sends you a message, saying, "Leave this site"?? Think about it: if they want you off the site, do you really think that they're going to bother speaking to you in the imperative mood to tell you to take a hike, leaving it up to you to obey their suggestion/request/demand, and giving you the opportunity to respond by saying something like "...or else what? Are you going to kick me off?" Think, McFly, think!

They could have just banned me again, but this was different. After fifteen years you would think they would have come out and said get lost. But it would take someone with keys to put it on my screen.

In a way I do not blame them as I don't agree with to many here any more. But it is OK not to agree.

keypurr

With my mod panel I can see all the notices sent. I read through all the infraction notes you have been sent. None of them ask you to leave. Screen notices come from the infractions. The one the comes closest to it is this one that I sent: This is a Christian (Trinitarian) site. If you want to continue posting here, you need to show some respect in your interactions. And another thing, do not PM the mods about this. It will get you another infraction. The decision to infract you for this is final.:

Trolling the PM box is the reason why I have closed the PM box to all but staff and contacts. It will actually save you from getting infractions for PM box trolling of staff because that avenue has been shut down.

Sherman I know you and I do not agree on theology, and that is ok. I believed as you do at one time. But you call me un Christian because we differ. That is far from the truth. I have no idea where that screen note came from but it was a clear message. It blocked me out at the same time, I had to leave your web site in order to get back on. I am no computer expert and I know the Denver Church under Bob would not treat anyone that way. But somebody did. Bob and Knight have at all times be respectful of me. I never intentionally hurt any one. It is all of use that need to respectful of each other. Including the Mod. You and JR and the only ones who have banned me in the fifteen years that I have been here.

Sorry If we can not agree on what being a true Christian means, but I can never go back to traditional doctrine that disagree with scripture. The last time you banned me was after I quoted about twenty verses of scripture to prove my point. In effect, you banned scripture and called me disruptive. You have banned me for over half of this year for reasons unwarranted. I pray for this site for I know how much work Knight has put into it, it is a great learning tool if used correctly.

Understand that I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ and have spent seventy plus years reading is words. At one time I was on the board of the Largest Lutheran Church in New England, But I had to leave for I did not feel God was there. I spent many hours with the Pastors about who Christ really is. I must express my faith as it is, not how anyone wants it to be.

We can be friends if you desire Sherman, but I can not change what I believe in. Your choice, God bless.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You and JR and the only ones who have banned me in the fifteen years that I have been here.

You have been given infractions 5 times in the past year because of namecalling, sending malicious messages to moderators when you received an infraction, talking back to staff, blasphemy, and being unnecessarily disruptive.

See the list below.

The last time you banned me was after I quoted about twenty verses of scripture to prove my point. In effect, you banned scripture and called me disruptive.

No, you were banned because you were being unnecessarily disruptive. It had nothing to do with your use of scripture. See below.

You have banned me for over half of this year for reasons unwarranted.

False. Every reason was warranted.

Here are all of the infractions you have received since I became a moderator. Not one of them is for your use of scripture:

Spoiler
JudgeRightly
Mar 26, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Namecalling without cause

Post: "Jehovah's Witnesses" Think Jesus Is No Longer Human
User: keypurr
Infraction: Name-calling without cause

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
There's no reason for you to attack Apple7 this way.

Personal attacks (without reasonable cause, such as this one) will not be tolerated.

Original Post:
Jesus changed the location of worshipping The Father, to Himself and The Holy Spirit, in John 4.

Your still a joke Apple7.

You have defined a new standard for stupidity.

JudgeRightly
Apr 01, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Unnecessarily disruptive

Infraction: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:
Sending retaliatory messages to a moderator for receiving an infraction

Message to User:

Sherman
Apr 10, 2019

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
For sending this to JR. Private messages can get reported. When you are given an infraction please treat the staff with respect and don't back talk. Back talk will only lengthen your vacation from the site.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by keypurr

Show me if you can JR. Where and how did I deserve this?

My respect for you is gone JR. Christ will deal with you in due time.

JudgeRightly
Jun 03, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Intentional blasphemy

Infraction: Intentional blasphemy

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
Greetings again betsy123, I appreciate your three replies, but I cannot accept the Trinity.

Kind regards
Trevor

Silly they are. They have a God that died.

Sherman
Jun 21, 2019

infraction for keypurr: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
This is a Christian (Trinitarian) site. If you want to continue posting here, you need to show some respect in your interactions. And another thing, do not PM the mods about this. It will get you another infraction. The decision to infract you for this is final.

Original Post:
More words from scripture for you JR

saiah 45:5 – "I am the LORD (YHWH) and there is no other, there is no God besides me."
This is pretty simple. YHWH is the ONLY God. So far, so good.
Exodus 3:15 – "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD (YHWH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you."
Okay, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the LORD (YHWH).
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = YHWH.
"Yet for us there is one God, the Father" (Corinthians 8:6).
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).Does this verse imply that Jesus is the God of Abraham etc.? Of course not! Just read it. The God of Abraham glorified who? Himself? No! He glorified his servant Jesus. This is not difficult. Jesus is obviously not the God of Abraham etc. He is the God of Abraham’s SERVANT. Who is the God of Abraham? YHWH. And YHWH is who? The ONLY God. So Jesus is not God? Of course not. He is God’s anointed.
Acts 10:38 – "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went about doing good and healing all oppressed by the devil, for God was with him."
Who anointed Jesus? It doesn’t say the Father anointed Jesus, it says GOD. You can obviously see that Jesus is not the God that anointed him. If I said, "The king anointed Bob," would you think that it meant that Bob is the king? Of course not. Jesus is the servant whom God anointed to do his will. That is the whole purpose of anointing someone, to give them the wisdom and power that they will need in order to serve God. Does it make sense to you that God would anoint God with God? Let’s look at a Messianic prophecy in the Old Testament.
Isaiah 61:1 – "The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the LORD (YHWH) has anointed me."
By reading this verse it is plainly clear that the person who is being anointed is not YHWH. YHWH is anointing this individual. Now watch how Jesus uses this verse to refer to himself. Jesus uses this verse to say that he is the one that the Scripture spoke about. That he is the one whom YHWH has anointed. Who is YHWH by the way? That’s right, the ONLY God.
Luke 4:18-21 – "He (Jesus) unrolled the scroll and found the passage where it was written: ‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me,’…He (Jesus) said to them, ‘Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing."
Okay now, don’t panic, this is simple. Look at Isaiah 61:1, YHWH anoints someone other than YHWH. Jesus in Luke claims that he is that person whom YHWH has anointed. Next!
1 Cor. 8:6 – "Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord (This Lord is not a translation of YHWH, it is kyrios i.e. master, king etc.) Jesus Christ."
It doesn’t get any easier than this. Who is the one God? The FATHER! That’s it, period! The Father is the only one who is considered God. Jesus is our Lord (master, king). You will always see that the only one who is referred to as God is the Father. From the passage above, do you honestly read that and come away with the fact that Jesus is the one God? It is obvious that the one Lord is not the one God. Only the Father is God. It never says, "Peace from God the Father and God the Son." Why not? Didn’t the Apostles know that the Son is God? Not even close! Now get comfortable, and look at the following:
1 Cor. 1:3 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 1:1 – "To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 3:13 – "To be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus."
2 Thessalonians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Thessalonians 2:16 – "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us."
Philippians 4:20 – To our God and Father, glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Collosians 1:2 – "Peace from God our Father."
Ephesians 4:6 – "One God and Father of all."
James1:1 – "James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
2 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
Titus 1:4 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
Philemon vv. 3 – "Peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Galatians 1:3 "Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
So who is the ONLY one who is referred to as God? That’s right, the Father. There is no way that in these sentences you can come out with the idea that Jesus is God. They always say, "peace from God AND, I repeat, AND the Lord Jesus Christ." They are separate individuals. Jesus Christ is not considered by any stretch of the imagination, "God" by these authors. If I said,
"Peace from John our president and the chief of staff Mike."
"Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (for comparison)
Is there anyway that you would read the verse above and come away thinking that Mike, the chief of staff is the president? No way! But wait, it gets even better.
In these next verses, Jesus, who Trinitarians claim is fully God at ALL times, has a God. How
1 Peter 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 11:31 – "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus knows, he who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Revelation 1:6 – "Who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."
Ephesians 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:17 – "That the God of our Lord, the Father of glory."
Wow! The Apostles must have drunk a little too much wine when they wrote this. Don’t they know that Jesus is God? How can God have a God? He can’t. That’s why when I ask this question to pastors the only answer they can give me is that it’s a mystery. Do you know how naïve and gullible that sounds?
These verses above are not profound theological statements. They are for the most part just greetings. No one has ever disputed these verses. Just read them! Then read them again! Then yell them at the top of your lungs because "Yes!" You too have been duped by this false, non-Biblical, contradictory and incomprehensible mumbo jumbo passed on as the Trinity.
The Messiah is supposed to have a God because he needs to be anointed by God in order to do wonders and signs on behalf of God. Let’s look at Micah 5:3 which is a Messianic prophecy:
Micah 5:3 – "He shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD (YHWH), in the majestic name of the LORD, HIS GOD."
The Christ will have a God? Yes! Who will it be? Look at the verse above, YHWH. Does Jesus know that he is supposed to have a God? Of course he knows! Look below, these verses are all Jesus speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "For I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."
So Jesus did know that he has a God. As sure as bees buzz. Jesus really needed his God in order to resurrect.
Hebrews 13:20 – "May the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep by the blood of the eternal covenant."
Acts 5:30 – "The God of our ancestors raised Jesus."
Who raised the great shepherd from the dead? The God of peace, the God of our ancestors (which we covered earlier). The Trinitarian alternative is that God raised himself from the dead. But how can God raise himself if he is dead. Then God was not really dead. For that matter, how can you kill God?
If you buy this Trinitarian explanation, than you deserve to be a Trinitarian.

Pierac

Originally Posted by Pierac
"I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word (logos) of God." (Rev 20:4)

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos of God. Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one (God) who judges him; the word(logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, as He is not the Logos! So who is the Logos? The very next verse tell us!

Joh 12:49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Reply...
Since, according to you, "for their testimony to Jesus AND for the word of God" means that Jesus is NOT the word of God, I suppose that you take it that "what to say AND what to speak" means that "what to say" is NOT "what to speak".

According to me? I did not write scripture!

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen very soon. He made it clear by sending his angel to his servant John,

SO… Who gave the revelation to Jesus the Christ? Himself or His GOD?

Rev 3:12 The one who conquers I will make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will never depart from it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from my God), and my new name as well.

You post as a child... Not understanding Jesus has a GOD... You can not be God and then claim to have one who has given you "my new name"! Few here understand what Jesus is saying in Rev 3:12!!!

:sherlock::poly:
Paul

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You post as a child... Not understanding Jesus has a GOD... You can not be God and then claim to have one who has given you "my new name"! Few here understand what Jesus is saying in Rev 3:12!!!

And you don't have any idea how to exegete John 1:1

John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Pierac

And you don't have any idea how to exegete John 1:1

John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Define Word?

G3056
λόγος
logos
log'-os

From G3004; something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive;

So your saying...John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the thought, and the thought was with God, and the thought was God.

So we agree? what's your point?

Tyndale 1534 bible.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginnynge with God.
Joh 1:3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made.

Bishops 1568 bible
Joh 1:3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made.
Joh 1:4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Cranmer 1539
John 1:3 All thynges were made by it and without it, was made nothynge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was the lyght of men

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

Concordant Literal Version: (Modern)
Joh 1:3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

The word logos [WORD] appears many, many more times in this very Gospel of John. And nowhere else do the translators capitalize it or use the masculine personal pronoun "he" to agree with it! The rest of the New Testament is the same. Logos [word] is variously translated as "statement" (Luke 20:20), “question" (Matt 21:24), preaching" (1 Tim 5:17), "command" (Gal 5:14),"message" (Luke 4:32), "matter" (Acts 15:6), "reason" (Acts 10:29), so there is actually no reason to make John one say that "the Word" is the person Jesus himself, unless of course the translators are wanting to make a point to. In all cases logos is an “it.”
In the light of this background it is far better to read John's prologue to mean that in the beginning God had a plan, a dream, a grand vision for the world, a reason by which He brought all things into being. This word or plan was expressive of who he is.

"The Word" for John is an “it” not a "he." On one occasion, Jesus is given the name "the word of God" and this is in Revelations 19:13. This name has been given to him after his resurrection and ascension, but we will not find it before his death. It is not until we come to verse 14 of John's prologue that this logos becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus. "And the Word became flesh." A great plan that God had in his heart from before the creation at last is fulfilled. Be very clear that it does not say that God became flesh.

There is even strong evidence suggesting that John himself reacted to those who were already
misusing his gospel to mean that Jesus was himself the Word who had personally preexist the world. When later he wrote his introduction to 1 John, he clearly made the point that what was in the beginning was not a “who” he put it this way: "What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we beheld and our hands handled, concerning the word of life…" Logos - This word is translated in English as "Word". This word has an actual meaning which has been almost completely lost due to the Greek philosophical interpretation of John 1:1-3 & 14.

who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. (Rev 1:2)

"I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word (logos) of God." (Rev 20:4)

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos[word] of God. Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing.

:thumb:
Paul

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Define Word?

G3056
λόγος
logos
log'-os

From G3004; something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive;

So your saying...John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the thought, and the thought was with God, and the thought was God.

So we agree? what's your point?

Tyndale 1534 bible.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginnynge with God.
Joh 1:3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made.

Bishops 1568 bible
Joh 1:3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made.
Joh 1:4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Cranmer 1539
John 1:3 All thynges were made by it and without it, was made nothynge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was the lyght of men

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

Concordant Literal Version: (Modern)
Joh 1:3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

The word logos [WORD] appears many, many more times in this very Gospel of John. And nowhere else do the translators capitalize it or use the masculine personal pronoun "he" to agree with it! The rest of the New Testament is the same. Logos [word] is variously translated as "statement" (Luke 20:20), “question" (Matt 21:24), preaching" (1 Tim 5:17), "command" (Gal 5:14),"message" (Luke 4:32), "matter" (Acts 15:6), "reason" (Acts 10:29), so there is actually no reason to make John one say that "the Word" is the person Jesus himself, unless of course the translators are wanting to make a point to. In all cases logos is an “it.”
In the light of this background it is far better to read John's prologue to mean that in the beginning God had a plan, a dream, a grand vision for the world, a reason by which He brought all things into being. This word or plan was expressive of who he is.

"The Word" for John is an “it” not a "he." On one occasion, Jesus is given the name "the word of God" and this is in Revelations 19:13. This name has been given to him after his resurrection and ascension, but we will not find it before his death. It is not until we come to verse 14 of John's prologue that this logos becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus. "And the Word became flesh." A great plan that God had in his heart from before the creation at last is fulfilled. Be very clear that it does not say that God became flesh.

There is even strong evidence suggesting that John himself reacted to those who were already
misusing his gospel to mean that Jesus was himself the Word who had personally preexist the world. When later he wrote his introduction to 1 John, he clearly made the point that what was in the beginning was not a “who” he put it this way: "What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we beheld and our hands handled, concerning the word of life…" Logos - This word is translated in English as "Word". This word has an actual meaning which has been almost completely lost due to the Greek philosophical interpretation of John 1:1-3 & 14.

who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. (Rev 1:2)

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos[word] of God. Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing.

:thumb:
Paul

[JESUS]Christ[/JESUS] on a White Horse
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And [JESUS]He[/JESUS] who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness [JESUS]He[/JESUS] judges and makes war.[JESUS]His[/JESUS] eyes were like a flame of fire, and on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] head were many crowns. [JESUS]He[/JESUS] had a name written that no one knew except [JESUS]Himself[/JESUS].[JESUS]He[/JESUS] was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and [JESUS]His[/JESUS] name is called [JESUS]The Word of God[/JESUS].And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed [JESUS]Him[/JESUS] on white horses.Now out of [JESUS]His[/JESUS] mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it [JESUS]He[/JESUS] should strike the nations. And [JESUS]He Himself[/JESUS] will rule them with a rod of iron. [JESUS]He Himself[/JESUS] treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.And [JESUS]He[/JESUS] has on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] robe and on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] thigh a name written: [JESUS]KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS[/JESUS]. - Revelation 19:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation19:11-16&version=NKJV

The Word of God is a Person, not a thing or idea.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sherman I know you and I do not agree on theology, and that is ok. I believed as you do at one time. But you call me un Christian because we differ. That is far from the truth. I have no idea where that screen note came from but it was a clear message. It blocked me out at the same time, I had to leave your web site in order to get back on. I am no computer expert and I know the Denver Church under Bob would not treat anyone that way. But somebody did. Bob and Knight have at all times be respectful of me. I never intentionally hurt any one. It is all of use that need to respectful of each other. Including the Mod. You and JR and the only ones who have banned me in the fifteen years that I have been here.

Sorry If we can not agree on what being a true Christian means, but I can never go back to traditional doctrine that disagree with scripture. The last time you banned me was after I quoted about twenty verses of scripture to prove my point. In effect, you banned scripture and called me disruptive. You have banned me for over half of this year for reasons unwarranted. I pray for this site for I know how much work Knight has put into it, it is a great learning tool if used correctly.

Understand that I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ and have spent seventy plus years reading is words. At one time I was on the board of the Largest Lutheran Church in New England, But I had to leave for I did not feel God was there. I spent many hours with the Pastors about who Christ really is. I must express my faith as it is, not how anyone wants it to be.

We can be friends if you desire Sherman, but I can not change what I believe in. Your choice, God bless.

I will not add you to my contacts because of your misuse of the conversation box. 1. You were argumentative when you got an infraction and 2. you were trying to 'convert' me. I am not open to being proselytized. People that try to proselytize me are very annoying. On other sites where I am just a regular member--people that do that get placed on ignore. You a free to your opinions, but remember TOL is a Trinitarian Christian site. You have to show a measure of respect in your posts. You cannot be calling mainline Christian doctrines denigrating names.

7djengo7

You post as a child... Not understanding [highlight]Jesus has a GOD[/highlight]... You can not be God and then claim to have one who has given you "my new name"!

What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?

Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"? That's right: nowhere.

7djengo7

[JESUS]Christ[/JESUS] on a White Horse
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And [JESUS]He[/JESUS] who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness [JESUS]He[/JESUS] judges and makes war.[JESUS]His[/JESUS] eyes were like a flame of fire, and on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] head were many crowns. [JESUS]He[/JESUS] had a name written that no one knew except [JESUS]Himself[/JESUS].[JESUS]He[/JESUS] was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and [JESUS]His[/JESUS] name is called [JESUS]The Word of God[/JESUS].And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed [JESUS]Him[/JESUS] on white horses.Now out of [JESUS]His[/JESUS] mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it [JESUS]He[/JESUS] should strike the nations. And [JESUS]He Himself[/JESUS] will rule them with a rod of iron. [JESUS]He Himself[/JESUS] treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.And [JESUS]He[/JESUS] has on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] robe and on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] thigh a name written: [JESUS]KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS[/JESUS]. - Revelation 19:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation19:11-16&version=NKJV

The Word of God is a Person, not a thing or idea.

Pierac has told us that John's Logos "becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus":

"The Word" for John is an “it” not a "he." On one occasion, Jesus is given the name "the word of God" and this is in Revelations 19:13. This name has been given to him after his resurrection and ascension, but we will not find it before his birth. It is not until we come to verse 14 of John's prologue that [highlight]this logos becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus[/highlight]. "And the Word became flesh.".

But, watch this:

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos of God. [highlight]Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing[/highlight].

Out of one side of his mouth, Pierac tells us that the Word of God "becomes" Jesus, and then, out of the other side of his mouth, he tells us that the Word of God is not Jesus.

keypurr

With the exception of [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION], whom I have not heard back from yet, all of the other moderators, including myself, have denied sending you such a message.

Then how do you know it was a moderator?

You are bearing false witness, Keypurr, and this proves it.

I don't, but who else could do that?

keypurr

What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?

Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"? That's right: nowhere.

READ:
Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

keypurr

A mirror

:nono: God created you, the mirror is a reflection. It IS you in the mirror. When you move, he moves. You CERTAINLY did not create the image and are incapable. ONLY God is capable of creating your image.

Nope friend , it is an image of me , not me. I Created the image when I stood in front of it. ALL IMAGES ARE CREATIONS.

Er 'firstborn of all creation' is not 'created.' It doesn't say that. "You prepared for me a body." It does say that, but He said He was with the Father before creation. It makes your idea impossible. The scripture calls Him Alpha and Omega. The scripture says "yesterday, today, forever the same." You have to account for every jot and tiddle, Bob. Every one.

Consider Heb 1, the Son is the express image of his creator. it/he is also first of all creation, firstborn in position and first to be created. Col 1:15 TELLS YOU THE SAME THING. THAT SON IS A SPIRIT, not a man. It became flesh when told to do so. It shared glory with his Father in heaven. When God sent his son it needed a body to dwell in, it came with the power of the most high for God was pleased that it contained his fullness. It was not a man that God used to create the Universe. This Son came to bring us light by speaking through the body he prepared for it.

My thoughts run deep Lon but they are worth your time to study, they will give you a deeper understanding of who our Lord Jesus is. He is not the Alpha and Omega, his God is.

It doesn't look like 'He' is behind your epiphany to me. I've also poured over these scriptures. For me: Some scriptures speak of the Son and Father as separate, and some, clearly, speak of them as one. I know there is Only One God. Likewise I know what John 20:28 says. The ONLY position that can make any sense of these is the triune position. It doesn't seek to explain it all. It seeks to believe it all. I 'want' to believe all of the scriptures without trampling a single one. "IF" you can show me any scripture I trample, I'd be obliged. Conversely, Arianism tramples John 1:1, John 10:30;14:9;20:28

Lon we can all be one with God if we love him enough, he tells you that in the book of John.

Joh 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
Joh 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

John 1:1 is the most misunderstood verse in the Bible, consider the WORD to be the spirit son, not Jesus. That son is a created form of God, a god. He has the fullness of his Father, he did nor need to grow in wisdom as Jesus did. This spirit son became flesh, Jesus was born flesh. I could go on and on, but......, God has been good to me Lon, he has taught me a lot over the years. I live in the comfort of his love,I hope you do also.

keypurr

You have been given infractions 5 times in the past year because of namecalling, sending malicious messages to moderators when you received an infraction, talking back to staff, blasphemy, and being unnecessarily disruptive.

See the list below.

No, you were banned because you were being unnecessarily disruptive. It had nothing to do with your use of scripture. See below.

False. Every reason was warranted.

Here are all of the infractions you have received since I became a moderator. Not one of them is for your use of scripture:

Spoiler
JudgeRightly
Mar 26, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Namecalling without cause

Post: "Jehovah's Witnesses" Think Jesus Is No Longer Human
Infraction: Name-calling without cause

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

JudgeRightly
Apr 01, 2019

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Sherman
Apr 10, 2019

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

JudgeRightly
Jun 03, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Intentional blasphemy

Infraction: Intentional blasphemy

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

Sherman
Jun 21, 2019

infraction for keypurr: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

So the verses from scripture were disruptive to this site? Is that what your implying? We can not quote scripture here?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So the verses from scripture were disruptive to this site? Is that what your implying? We can not quote scripture here?
ばか!

I literally just said the verses are not the problem.

What part of "Not one of them is for your use of scripture" do you not understand?

It's your attitude towards trinitarians, which includes the owners and staff of this site.

Do I have to, again, highlight what it was in your post that earned you an infraction? I've done it before, and you still don't get it?

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't, but who else could do that?
No one did.

You must have been imagining things.

Maybe you're going senile...

keypurr

I will not add you to my contacts because of your misuse of the conversation box. 1. You were argumentative when you got an infraction and 2. you were trying to 'convert' me. I am not open to being proselytized. People that try to proselytize me are very annoying. On other sites where I am just a regular member--people that do that get placed on ignore. You a free to your opinions, but remember TOL is a Trinitarian Christian site. You have to show a measure of respect in your posts. You cannot be calling mainline Christian doctrines denigrating names.

Fair enough, but where and who did I call someone a denigrating name?