Is Jesus God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Now you are trying to blame me
for the absent of the voice of God among you all?

lol

lol

lol
Question, zeros.

Is it possible that this voice you're hearing isn't really God speaking?

And if not, I have a question for you (and Sherman, Knight, Poly, if this is too far off topic, please let me know and I'll start a new thread):

Does God ever change?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, the period between Malachi and Matthew come to mind.

EDIT: As far as I can tell. If He did, He didn't say, if He didn't, He didn't say.
Also, between Seth (son of Adam) and Noah, between Noah and the tower of Babel, Babel to Terah (Abraham's father), between Joseph and Moses, and several other periods that I can't recall or would have to spend too much time looking up to put here.

In other words, God being silent is not unheard of, especially for long and extended periods of time. Would you agree with that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you think he's (zero) talking about speaking to him through the Bible or answering prayer....or out loud like some others who have come on here? He's very vague and deliberately so.
"the Lord instructed me to..." :blabla:

Seems like he thinks God is speaking directly to and through him.

Which makes him a false prophet, and if the law had not already been repealed for this wickedness, he would, by the demands of that now-repealed law, be put to death.

drbrumley

Also, between Seth (son of Adam) and Noah, between Noah and the tower of Babel, Babel to Terah (Abraham's father), between Joseph and Moses, and several other periods that I can't recall or would have to spend too much time looking up to put here.

In other words, God being silent is not unheard of, especially for long and extended periods of time. Would you agree with that?

Yes, I agree that has happened, but I find it impossible now being He speaks thru His word all the time. If He is silent in someone's life now, that person has a sin that is separating himself from Him. Would you agree with that?

If your saying God cannot NOW audibly speak, then I will have to disagree. I cannot and will not put God in a box and say He doesn't or won't.

glorydaz

"the Lord instructed me to..." :blabla:

Seems like he thinks God is speaking directly to and through him.

Which makes him a false prophet, and if the law had not already been repealed for this wickedness, he would, by the demands of that now-repealed law, be put to death.

I'll bet the Lord "instructed him" to speak of what others were doing wrong. That's the way so many Charismatic do it. :chuckle:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, I agree that has happened,

Ok, then is it too much of a stretch to think that perhaps He is and has been silent for the past nearly 2000 years?

but I find it impossible now being He speaks thru His word all the time.

The answer to this goes a bit deeper than what I am able to write at this time, but it deals with why some prayers go unanswered. If you can't wait, I highly recommend purchasing (or, if you like, I would gladly purchase for you) a copy of Pastor Enyart's manuscript, The Plot, which goes into great detail about it. If you can wait, I can try to get into it tomorrow, and perhaps in a different thread...

If He is silent in someone's life now, that person has a sin that is separating himself from Him. Would you agree with that?

I would not. That's superstition.

Jesus addressed a similar belief:

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.And Jesus answered and said to them, [JESUS]“Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”[/JESUS] - Luke 13:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke13:1-5&version=NKJV

If your saying God cannot NOW audibly speak, then I will have to disagree.

AND RIGHTLY SO!

If God wanted to have His voice boom across the universe, He could do that. If he wanted to whisper into the minds of all human beings at once He could do that.

My argument though, is not "could He", but "does He."

I cannot and will not put God in a box and say He doesn't or won't.

Saying God cannot do something and saying God does not or will not do something are two very different things.

My argument is about the latter, whether God is active or not, not if He can or cannot be active.

To reiterate what I said above in this post, is it possible that for the past nearly 2000 years, God has been silent, as He had been several times prior?

Last edited:

glorydaz

Yes, I agree that has happened, but I find it impossible now being He speaks thru His word all the time. If He is silent in someone's life now, that person has a sin that is separating himself from Him. Would you agree with that?

If your saying God cannot NOW audibly speak, then I will have to disagree. I cannot and will not put God in a box and say He doesn't or won't.

This subject always puts me in mind of this text, and have found it to be so true.

1 Kings 19:11-12
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This subject always puts me in mind of this text, and have found it to be so true.

1 Kings 19:11-12
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
Excellent verse!

glorydaz

The indwelling Holy Spirit must have some influence on this conversation, right?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The indwelling Holy Spirit must have some influence on this conversation, right?
To the extent that God exists and that we humble ourselves before Him and recognize His authority, and to the extent that we are willing to learn what He wrote for us in His word, I would say yes.

As to whether the Holy Spirit does or does not directly influences someone to say something in that He controls people, no, God is not in the business of mind control, He does not violate man's will.

God CAN certainly bring thoughts to people's minds, but He currently does not speak out loud or quietly directly to any specific person.