Is it true that after you have studied Torah you know you are not a prophet?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
studying Torah will help you to live your life the way that God wants you to.
This is your opinion, and it's false. Do you ever consider how you present your views? You present them sometimes with authority that you do not have, so it's illegitimate to act like you have authority when you do not, it's like being deceptive, except more subtle. The only thing that will help anybody live their life the way that God wants us to, is to know what God wants us to do, and that's very plainly alive and breathing, and not dead letters to dead words on dead pages of a dead book. Jesus Christ is alive today, and so is His bride the Church.

TweetyBird

Shalom TweetyBird.

With your interpretation of what you believe that Jesus has taught here in what you referenced, have you rejected what I have presented to you or what He said, or what came, before? I pointed you to Matthew 5:17-20 NASB. Do you have a problem with me doing this? Do you have a problem with what Jesus said here? Do you believe that Jesus said something so that He could then disprove what He said? I do not. Please consider what you are doing and what you say, what you are saying, what you are doing here, what you are saying here. Shalom.

Jacob

Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law of Moses, which He did. John wrote that the Law and Prophets were until John and then the Kingdom of Heaven was preached. That is what Jesus preached and taught, not the Mosaic Law.

What you are doing here is trampling the Son of God underfoot with all your Torah worship. The Law of Moses is overwith - it did what it was designed to do - point to Christ. Now that we have Christ, we don't need to go back to the Mosaic Law Schoolmaster - now we learn of Jesus Christ - we drink His blood and eat His flesh, for He is the Living Water and Manna from Heaven.

John 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

TweetyBird

Shalom TweetyBird.

You are incorrect. However, what do you mean by the Mosaic Law? What Jesus taught was not all brand new material that the people had never heard before. I am only disproving what you have said by saying this.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jesus taught new doctrines, new commandments, new concepts not found in the Mosaic Law. If you don't read Matt 5, 6, 7 as a fabulous example, then you won't get it. It was these new things that Jesus commanded the disciples to preach and teach to the nations. The epistles reiterate these new teachings as Jesus taught them. Jesus also prayed that the disciples would teach the world what He taught them. They already had the Law of Moses, they did not need to be taught it, they studied and knew of it since birth. A true Jew, one who is in Jesus Christ, recognizes that Jesus taught a new way to live, a new glorious commandment because the old commandment was done away.

2 Cor 3
6 who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is your opinion, and it's false. Do you ever consider how you present your views? You present them sometimes with authority that you do not have, so it's illegitimate to act like you have authority when you do not, it's like being deceptive, except more subtle. The only thing that will help anybody live their life the way that God wants us to, is to know what God wants us to do, and that's very plainly alive and breathing, and not dead letters to dead words on dead pages of a dead book. Jesus Christ is alive today, and so is His bride the Church.
Shalom!

It is possible for you to understand the word of God more fully. I do recommend that you read the Torah and seek for understanding. As a Jew of Israel I know God's commands are to be observed. In the new covenant we have for the house of Israel and the house of Judah in Yeshua God's law written upon minds and hearts. There are 613 commands for us in Torah. And there is the Prophets and the Writings. In the New Testament Writings or Scriptures, what we call the New Testament, we have 1050 commands. Shalom. Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law of Moses, which He did. John wrote that the Law and Prophets were until John and then the Kingdom of Heaven was preached. That is what Jesus preached and taught, not the Mosaic Law.

What you are doing here is trampling the Son of God underfoot with all your Torah worship. The Law of Moses is overwith - it did what it was designed to do - point to Christ. Now that we have Christ, we don't need to go back to the Mosaic Law Schoolmaster - now we learn of Jesus Christ - we drink His blood and eat His flesh, for He is the Living Water and Manna from Heaven.

John 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
I believe that the entire Bible is the word of God. This may help you to understand me better. I study Torah because as a Jew it is important to me, including the 613 commands found therein. There is also the Prophets and the Writings. And in the New Testament Scriptures we have 1050 commands. Shalom. Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught new doctrines, new commandments, new concepts not found in the Mosaic Law. If you don't read Matt 5, 6, 7 as a fabulous example, then you won't get it. It was these new things that Jesus commanded the disciples to preach and teach to the nations. The epistles reiterate these new teachings as Jesus taught them. Jesus also prayed that the disciples would teach the world what He taught them. They already had the Law of Moses, they did not need to be taught it, they studied and knew of it since birth. A true Jew, one who is in Jesus Christ, recognizes that Jesus taught a new way to live, a new glorious commandment because the old commandment was done away.

2 Cor 3
6 who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
Shalom.

Here is something I considered once, and can consider again. What is the commandment that you have had from the beginning? Is this the New Testament in the Gospels, Jesus' commands or commandments or the gospel message being received at its preaching? We are to love God and love our neighbor, our fellow man. Love your neighbor as yourself. Shalom. Jacob.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom!

It is possible for you to understand the word of God more fully. I do recommend that you read the Torah and seek for understanding.
I only want to understand the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV) more fully, but thank you kindly.
As a Jew of Israel I know God's commands are to be observed. In the new covenant we have for the house of Israel and the house of Judah in Yeshua God's law written upon minds and hearts. There are 613 commands for us in Torah. And there is the Prophets and the Writings. In the New Testament Writings or Scriptures, what we call the New Testament, we have 1050 commands. Shalom. Jacob.
I've never counted how many commands are in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and I don't know if anybody else has either but I suppose that it'd be easy enough to googol. The thing that Church and that nobody else does is the thorough answer for when we don't obey God's laws. The faith of the Church (Gal3:8-9KJV ; Jn8:56KJV) is the only answer to that, the only answer to the problem of evil; the Christian faith, the Church, is the answer to the problem of evil.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I only want to understand the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV) more fully, but thank you kindly.
I've never counted how many commands are in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and I don't know if anybody else has either but I suppose that it'd be easy enough to googol. The thing that Church and that nobody else does is the thorough answer for when we don't obey God's laws. The faith of the Church (Gal3:8-9KJV ; Jn8:56KJV) is the only answer to that, the only answer to the problem of evil; the Christian faith, the Church, is the answer to the problem of evil.
Shalom. I am a Jew. I am of Israel. I study Torah. I have read the entire Bible. I accept it all. I believe that Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Christ) is the only begotten Son of God. There is one God. We know who the true God is, the God of the Bible. When we say the Shema from Torah we remember and declare the one true God. He is one. I encourage you to do a study of God's name. Devarim (Deuteronomy) 6:4. I am not a Catholic. I also do not believe that the Catholics have all of the answers. I encourage you to read the Torah, the Holy Scriptures, the Hebrew Scriptures, and the Bible, for your answers. Seek out the truth and you will find it. May your interactions with others be fruitful for the kingdom of God. May you know, understand, and communicate righteousness with and to others. Shalom. Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. I am a Jew. I am of Israel. I study Torah. I have read the entire Bible. I accept it all. I believe that Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Christ) is the only begotten Son of God. There is one God. We know who the true God is, the God of the Bible. When we say the Shema from Torah we remember and declare the one true God. He is one. I encourage you to do a study of God's name. Devarim (Deuteronomy) 6:4. I am not a Catholic. I also do not believe that the Catholics have all of the answers. I encourage you to read the Torah, the Holy Scriptures, the Hebrew Scriptures, and the Bible, for your answers. Seek out the truth and you will find it. May your interactions with others be fruitful for the kingdom of God. May you know, understand, and communicate righteousness with and to others. Shalom. Jacob
I greet you in Christ your King. Shalom, peace Jacob. Best regards and thank you.