Is it true that after you have studied Torah you know you are not a prophet?

TweetyBird

I am not here to show you verses in the NT. Do you accept what Jesus taught? Shalom. Jacob.

You said Jesus taught Torah. Please provide the all verses in the Gospel where Jesus taught all of the 613 commandments and gave more understanding of each one of them, seeing as how you think He was sent to improve Torah.

TweetyBird

No, He didnt. You havent read the law clearly.

New American Standard Bible
Matthew 22:40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

From the law : Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Jesus said:

Matthew 22:37
Jesus declared, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Mark 12:30
and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

You have a problem - Jesus was not quoting Deut 6:5. You should read what He said more carefully.

TweetyBird

Adding the second part i forgot to add,

Leviticus 19:18
'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Both of what you claim are "new laws" come directly from the torah, in addition if you even read the context in the new testament, the pharisees are asking what the greatest commandment is. Jesus is quoting the Torah, the 2 verses i just gave and adding that all of the law and prophets hang on those 2 laws.

Please do now show the "new" laws that Jesus gave and where He invalidated the law, HE already gave.

The Law of Moses was given in covenant to the nation of Israel. We are not that nation. We are a new Holy nation, a royal priesthood. Jesus gave a new commandment. Reading the Gospels would help improve your understanding of what He actually taught about loving God and one's neighbor, and it was not the Law of Moses.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Where did you get this question? Who are you studying under? This is a question not found in the Church, right?
Shalom Nihilo.

I recommend that you study Torah. You will find that there are prophets of God mentioned in Torah. If you have not studied Torah and you think that you are a prophet, you are likely, or by all estimations you are, wrong.

I do not know what you mean by "This is a question not found in the Church, right?".

I study Torah at home. As a Jew I listen to the Torah read each Shabbat at the congregation I attend in the city in which I live. I sometimes read the Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You said Jesus taught Torah. Please provide the all verses in the Gospel where Jesus taught all of the 613 commandments and gave more understanding of each one of them, seeing as how you think He was sent to improve Torah.
Shalom TweetyBird. Do you acknowledge Matthew 5:17-20 NASB, which I have already shared with you? Do you see what Jesus taught there?

Shalom.

Jacob

TweetyBird

Shalom Nihilo.

I recommend that you study Torah. You will find that there are prophets of God mentioned in Torah. If you have not studied Torah and you think that you are a prophet, you are likely, or by all estimations you are, wrong.

I do not know what you mean by "This is a question not found in the Church, right?".

I study Torah at home. As a Jew I listen to the Torah read each Shabbat at the congregation I attend in the city in which I live. I sometimes read the Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

There are no prophets in the church today. So there is no need to go on about prophets outside of the Scriptures.

Jesus said not to call yourself a Jew if you are not one. So why are you bearing false witness? Does not Torah forbid it?

TweetyBird

Shalom TweetyBird. Do you acknowledge Matthew 5:17-20 NASB, which I have already shared with you? Do you see what Jesus taught there?

Shalom.

Jacob

Do you understand what "teaching someone" about each individual commandment means? Or are you just going to keep posting a verse that has nothing to do with what I asked you to provide?

In Matt 5:21-48 - Jesus quoted Torah and said to do something different.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom Nihilo.

Shalom.

Jacob
Oh, so you're just not a Christian. I thought you were a Christian, that's why I asked about the Church.

Best regards.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so you're just not a Christian. I thought you were a Christian, that's why I asked about the Church.

Best regards.
Shalom Nihilo.

I do not know about what you are saying. This thread is about Torah. Have you studied Torah? Many who think they are prophets should study Torah. However, even if this is not the case, you should study Torah. I do not know what you believe about Torah or about prophets. I do not know if you have studied what a prophet is. I do not know if you believe yourself to be a prophet. There are prophets in Torah. It is in Torah that we first learn of the prophets, God's prophets. You can study Torah by itself if you would like. If you study Torah, you will learn about God's prophets. You will learn about what a prophet is. Whether or not you are a prophet, believe yourself to be a prophet, have been found to a false prophet, will be found to be a false prophet, know that you are a prophet, or do not consider yourself to be a prophet, studying Torah will help you to live your life the way that God wants you to.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand what "teaching someone" about each individual commandment means? Or are you just going to keep posting a verse that has nothing to do with what I asked you to provide?

Shalom TweetyBird.

Do you know about God's commandments? Do you observe, keep, obey them? Jesus did not say anything that is not supported by Torah. Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom TweetyBird.

I have provided you with what you need in order to be able to grasp that Jesus observed and taught Torah. I do not know why you have chosen to argue against it.

Shalom.

Jacob

TweetyBird

Shalom Nihilo.

I do not know about what you are saying. This thread is about Torah. Have you studied Torah? Many who think they are prophets should study Torah. However, even if this is not the case, you should study Torah. I do not know what you believe about Torah or about prophets. I do not know if you have studied what a prophet is. I do not know if you believe yourself to be a prophet. There are prophets in Torah. It is in Torah that we first learn of the prophets, God's prophets. You can study Torah by itself if you would like. If you study Torah, you will learn about God's prophets. You will learn about what a prophet is. Whether or not you are a prophet, believe yourself to be a prophet, have been found to a false prophet, will be found to be a false prophet, know that you are a prophet, or do not consider yourself to be a prophet, studying Torah will help you to live your life the way that God wants you to.

Shalom.

Jacob

God wants people to believe in and on Jesus Christ for salvation and to follow Him. All you post is Torah. Torah came to end - God has given us Jesus Christ instead.

TweetyBird

Shalom TweetyBird.

I have provided you with what you need in order to be able to grasp that Jesus observed and taught Torah. I do not know why you have chosen to argue against it.

Shalom.

Jacob

No you have not. Jesus did not teach Torah, He taught His Law. What Jesus taught cannot be found in Torah - like what He taught in Matt 5:21-48.

TweetyBird

Shalom TweetyBird.

Shalom.

Jacob

What Jesus taught in Matt 5:21-48 is not Torah. It was something brand new that the people had not heard before. There was no need for Jesus to teach Torah. It was written down and read every Sabbath in the synagogues - it was not difficult for them to follow. Israel told God that they would keep it all, as He gave it. What Jesus taught them was different than what is written in the Mosaic Law.

TweetyBird

Shalom TweetyBird.

You are incorrect. Shalom.

Jacob

You need to read the Gospels to see what He taught - it was not the Mosaic Law. Read Matt 5,6,& 7 - it was all brand new material that the people had never heard before.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What Jesus taught in Matt 5:21-48 is not Torah. It was something brand new that the people had not heard before. There was no need for Jesus to teach Torah. It was written down and read every Sabbath in the synagogues - it was not difficult for them to follow. Israel told God that they would keep it all, as He gave it. What Jesus taught them was different than what is written in the Mosaic Law.
Shalom TweetyBird.

With your interpretation of what you believe that Jesus has taught here in what you referenced, have you rejected what I have presented to you or what He said, or what came, before? I pointed you to Matthew 5:17-20 NASB. Do you have a problem with me doing this? Do you have a problem with what Jesus said here? Do you believe that Jesus said something so that He could then disprove what He said? I do not. Please consider what you are doing and what you say, what you are saying, what you are doing here, what you are saying here. Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You need to read the Gospels to see what He taught - it was not the Mosaic Law. Read Matt 5,6,& 7 - it was all brand new material that the people had never heard before.
Shalom TweetyBird.

You are incorrect. However, what do you mean by the Mosaic Law? What Jesus taught was not all brand new material that the people had never heard before. I am only disproving what you have said by saying this.

Shalom.

Jacob