Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
temple 2000 said:
I was not yelling any insults, now was I?
It still hurt my feelings. But is that the rule? As long as it isn't a one-word insult it's okay to be mean?

What about you and DD sarcastic remarks?
Neither of us used one-word insults. So do you recognize your hypocrisy?

beanieboy

Yorzhik said:
You're yelling at me t2k... it makes me feel bad. It certainly isn't very loving of you.

According to you, it is loving.
Are you rebuking another for rebuking you?
Are are you for rebuking unless someone does it to you?
Do you recognize your hypocracy?

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Yes, anyone with a working brain cell that has a modicum of understanding of the English in this thread would realize you are stating the obvious.

beanieboy said:
Here's a test for you. What are the various ways in the English language we could use to point out t2k's hypocrisy?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Here's a quick play by play.

Yorzhik believes in rebuking.
T2K does not.
So... Yorzhik Mocked the rebuke of someone who doesn’t believe in rebuking.
beanieboy proceeds to call Yorzhik a hypocrite for pointing out hypocrisy!

temple2006

Now, now Yrzk.........You say I do not believe in rebuking. I think you know that I speak my mind and I have made some ascerbic comments but what I don't believe in, is insulting someone with lewd language and calling it a loving thing to do.

When I said " I can't believe you said that" I meant that I thought you were too much a disciple of Jesus to even insinuate that Jesus would want us to discourage someone to the point that they renounce God's love, evident in Jesus.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
temple 2000 said:
Now, now Yrzk.........You say I do not believe in rebuking. I think you know that I speak my mind and I have made some ascerbic comments but what I don't believe in, is insulting someone with lewd language and calling it a loving thing to do.
So your acerbic comments are not a loving thing to do but you do it anyway?

temple 2000 said:
When I said " I can't believe you said that" I meant that I thought you were too much a disciple of Jesus to even insinuate that Jesus would want us to discourage someone to the point that they renounce God's love, evident in Jesus.
Would an unloving acerbic comment ever upset someone and perhaps not lead them to repentance?

temple2006

This has deteriorated into a he said/she said thing. I don't pretend to perfection and further I have nothing to prove and nothing to defend. Ciao

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, this has deteriorated into a "t2k can't face the hypocrisy thread." Ciao

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Bob is just a guy with a clue.

Being raised in the public school system, I was completely indoctrinated into the Nature/Evolution=Life/Existance which inevitably leads a growing mind to: God does not exist. Since, (thanks much to Bob...whom I also call "uncle", yes I'm an Enyart.) I've immersed myself in evolution v creation rhetoric and the evidence really seems to line up with a supernatural creator ;) . Bob sorts through the cliche'd interpretations of the bible to produce a realistic, understandable, objective look at God and what he wants of us. I worship Bob no more than I worship my refridgerator for providing food for me (get it?). He's working tirelessly to get the Truth out there. Accept it, reject it...its your choice. :mario:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought you were being a smart alick. I may have been mistaken.

Grutch

I wasn't being a smart alec,

I was pointing out that I notice most threads degenerate into personal attacks between one another and swing far off topic. Maybe it's just me.

-Grutch

taoist

death2impeity said:
Bob is just a guy with a clue.

Being raised in the public school system, I was completely indoctrinated into the Nature/Evolution=Life/Existance which inevitably leads a growing mind to: God does not exist. Since, (thanks much to Bob...whom I also call "uncle", yes I'm an Enyart.) I've immersed myself in evolution v creation rhetoric and the evidence really seems to line up with a supernatural creator ;) . Bob sorts through the cliche'd interpretations of the bible to produce a realistic, understandable, objective look at God and what he wants of us. I worship Bob no more than I worship my refridgerator for providing food for me (get it?). He's working tirelessly to get the Truth out there. Accept it, reject it...its your choice. :mario:

Greetings, death,

"Working tirelessly to get the Truth out there" normally requires spending some time discovering it, but hey, you've already admitted to being an Enyart, so I guess the obvious contradiction there is more palatable to you than to others.

If knowledge leads you to doubt the existence of gods, and that makes you too uncomfortable, by all means, reject knowledge. The rest of us will get along just fine. You don't need to study evolution if it's the truth you're looking for. After all, the best cure for a creationist is a career in geology. You are aware that evolution is the grand unifying theory of biology, I hope. As a matter of observable fact, nearly every modern discipline converges to some basic truths about the untruth of literal readings of the bible.

In the sixty-five million years since the dinosaurs were wiped out, you'd think a supernatural creator could have developed a species that doesn't keep sinking down into its reptile brains. Repeat after me, "humans are not gods, no exceptions, humans are not gods, no exceptions ..." You'll find it liberating.

In peace, Jesse

GuySmiley

(thanks much to Bob...whom I also call "uncle", yes I'm an Enyart.)

I also have had to call Bob uncle . . . but only because he wouldn't quit speaking the truth until I cried "UNCLE." He changed my mind on many Biblical matters! THANKS to your uncle! I dont agree with everything he says, but he's still twisting my arm.

Bob sorts through the cliche'd interpretations of the bible to produce a realistic, understandable, objective look at God and what he wants of us.

This is exactly why I love Bob. He's the first person I heard from that presented a logical way to read the Bible (read The Plot!). And once you see it, it's so obvious!

I worship Bob no more than I worship my refridgerator for providing food for me (get it?).

I've been working on a book of hymns dedictated to Bob, including:

Worthy is the Bob, Bob of Ages, and Amazing Bob

But from what I've read in this thread, I guess I'll quit.

Greg

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
taoist said:
Greetings, death,

"Working tirelessly to get the Truth out there" normally requires spending some time discovering it, but hey, you've already admitted to being an Enyart, so I guess the obvious contradiction there is more palatable to you than to others.

If knowledge leads you to doubt the existence of gods, and that makes you too uncomfortable, by all means, reject knowledge. The rest of us will get along just fine. You don't need to study evolution if it's the truth you're looking for. After all, the best cure for a creationist is a career in geology. You are aware that evolution is the grand unifying theory of biology, I hope. As a matter of observable fact, nearly every modern discipline converges to some basic truths about the untruth of literal readings of the bible.

In the sixty-five million years since the dinosaurs were wiped out, you'd think a supernatural creator could have developed a species that doesn't keep sinking down into its reptile brains. Repeat after me, "humans are not gods, no exceptions, humans are not gods, no exceptions ..." You'll find it liberating.

In peace, Jesse

Theres enough evidence out there to suggest that our planet is no more than a few thousand years old... As I said in the first place, the choice rests in you. Follow the experts blindly or look deeper.

Your post: cute! Though...I think you missed what I said. Naturally, because your reply to my post has nothing to do with...well, anything...I dont get your point. I was only saying that I look to Bob as a teacher and nothing more. Though I will try out your mantra, I never claimed to disagree with it.

God Bless,
B

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
I've been working on a book of hymns dedictated to Bob, including:

Worthy is the Bob, Bob of Ages, and Amazing Bob

But from what I've read in this thread, I guess I'll quit.

Greg

What about the classic "Thy Bob is a lamp unto my feet?"

GuySmiley

You don't need to study evolution if it's the truth you're looking for.

Exactly, if you did study evolution on its own merits, a resonable person would find it unbelievable. (Since I am a pillar of reasonableness, I know this. HA)

After all, the best cure for a creationist is a career in geology.

Check out Geologist Steve Austin, Ph.D. (yes, I think he IS bionic). In his video "Mount St. Helens, Explosive Evidence for Catastrophe," (find it at www.icr.org) he shows how he was led by his career in geology to become a young earth creationist (he began with the traditional view spewed forth while getting a degree in geology) through observation.

He used 'observation of events actually taking place' rather than the popular modern day scientific method of, 'imagination of events scientists wish took place.'

Repeat after me, "humans are not gods, no exceptions, humans are not gods, no exceptions ..." You'll find it liberating.

This belongs in the new age forum and I will gladly repeat it.

Greg