Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

temple2006

Good heavens no!!! How did you get such a twisted idea of what I said.
You did not say you were short, now did you? I said your remark was short just as you said and I added demeaning and nasty. I have no way to judge you. I can only judge your behavior. You insisted that it is the SHORT form. are you a form?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
temple 2000 said:
Good heavens no!!! How did you get such a twisted idea of what I said.
Because you said:
temple 2000 said:
Nah Yorzik.... It is the short, demeaning, nasty way of telling someone they are wrong
So, without invoking "short", people that call names are demeaning and nasty?

temple 2000 said:
You did not say you were short, now did you? I said your remark was short just as you said and I added demeaning and nasty. I have no way to judge you. I can only judge your behavior. You insisted that it is the SHORT form. are you a form?
[whiney kid voice]It wasn't me that hit my sister - it was my hand[/whiney kid voice]

Temple, you are acting like an immature little brat.

Rimi

Originally Posted by Johnny
Now, answer my question: Jesus ate with sinners. Will you be Christ-like, or will you follow Paul's instruction?
?

Uh, Johnny, Jesus didn't have a choice. He's the only sinless one. So, we can try to be like our Father, as He said, as a standard. Just like Paul tried.

Rimi

I don't get how this thread is still going . . .. Enyart is not worshipped in any way, shape, or form. God wouldn't need lasik surgery, ya muttonheads.

temple2006

Yorzhik said:
Because you said:
So, without invoking "short", people that call names are demeaning and nasty?

[whiney kid voice]It wasn't me that hit my sister - it was my hand[/whiney kid voice]

Temple, you are acting like an immature little brat.

I wish you could understand this is....You are a beloved son of God but how you say what you say is short, demeaning and nasty.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rimi said:
Yeah, don't go there, man!

Who you callin' a man? :sozo2:

beanieboy

Rimi said:
I don't get how this thread is still going . . .. Enyart is not worshipped in any way, shape, or form. God wouldn't need lasik surgery, ya muttonheads.

There is a thread honoring him, called Bob Enyart is a great guy, and everyone stating why they admire him so much.
One poster even called him "his hero."
Then, another thread was started about the 100 best Americans.
Poster: "George Washington, John Adams, Billy Graham, and of course, Bob Enyart."

The Father of our country, a president that fathered the Smithsonian, a global evangelical leader, and Enyart?

That's why. It's a bizarre idolization, the way people idolize any celebrity.

Johnny

I don't fail to understand. Insulting someone the short form of telling them they are wrong.
Ok then, we agree that the way you say something is important. Love is kind.

You are wrong. Disciplining one's children uses the same principle. It isn't nice, but it helps the relationship.
Yorzhik said:
"It seems that you justify your hatred by claiming that it's really love because the loving thing to do is lead someone toward salvation and that's what hatred does. Is that correct? Then you must assume that hating the unsaved is a more powerful testimony for Christ than loving them?" is "Yes, if the situation warrants it."
But when I mentioned that insulting someone could drive them further from Christ, you defended with "It's better than being luke-warm". Yet, if you've driven them away from salvation, then what's the point? Not sure how disciplining your children is analagous to anything.

Because Jesus is better, we are unable? What kind of useless thinking is that?
Pretty much. What do you mean "useless thinking"? As I've stated countless times, God has the authority and the ability to do things that we do not have the authority or ability to do. That's not a foreign concept. You'll find it throughout the Bible.

A couple things here. Is it okay to insult someone, but only if they are a religious leader, and also only if they are acting the fool or being a hypocrite?
Perhaps, but with caution. Hypocrisy and foolishness run rampant in nearly everyone's belief system, by a heavenly standard. Sometimes what we judge as foolishness is really our own foolishness and stubbornness blinding us. Sometimes what we think is hypocrisy really isn't, and is just a result of our internal bias. For this reason, I think that the majority of judgement Christians pass (and anyone really, Christians are just good at it) is perhaps different from the judgement Christ would have passed. Think of all the sinners Christ was around. Everyone. Think of how many people he could have just randomly insulted on the street, because he knew their hearts. He could have turned to one and called her a harlot, and then turned to another and called him a filthy cheater. But the instances of Christ's tongue lashings in the Bible are few and usually reserved for the religious leaders who were leading people astray. They have a special job, and God is harsher with them.

And secondly, if greater condemnation includes insults, does lesser condemnation mean only saying someone is wrong without insults? or does lesser condemnation mean no harshness at all?
I don't know what lesser condemnation entails, but it is important to keep in mind who is doing the condeming.

If your enemy is a human, does that mean your enemy is your neighbor?
The distinction is unnecessary, because we are commanded to treat them both with love.

I'll be at least Christlike and insult the religious leaders that deserve it. That's what you would say being Christlike is, right?
Yes, but you completely avoided the conclusion my statement was intended to draw. Sometimes we are not to be literally "Christ-like".

Are you saying that Paul was un-Christlike? Are you saying that Paul taught others to be un-Christlike?
I'm saying that Christ and Christians have different roles, and we should be careful we don't confuse ourselves with Christ Himself. Just because He did something doesn't mean it's OK for us to do it.

Uh, Johnny, Jesus didn't have a choice. He's the only sinless one. So, we can try to be like our Father, as He said, as a standard. Just like Paul tried.
These types of posts are always amusing. They start with "uh" so you think they are going to state some amazing blatantly obvious point that everyone missed and is completely relevant to the situation. Then, the follow-up statement is usually eratic, ambiguous, and not entirely relevant (at least not without necessitating further discussion which they conveniently left out). Why didn't Jesus have a choice to have dinner with sinners? So is that a "Yes, I would be like Christ and eat with sinners" or "No, I will heed Paul's advice."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Some sinners are so vile I would not eat with them. I don't think Jesus would eat with child-molesters. Nor do I think He would have eaten with homosexuals.

Johnny

I don't think Jesus would eat with child-molesters. Nor do I think He would have eaten with homosexuals.
Is a heterosexual fornicator any better than a homosexual? Is a liar any better off without Jesus than a rapist? No. They all need him. Homosexuals need Jesus. Child molesters need Jesus. Liars need Jesus. Cheaters need Jesus. Our righteousness is like a filthy rag.

Jesus was nailed to a piece of wood for child-molesters, homosexuals, and rapists.

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
There is a thread honoring him, called Bob Enyart is a great guy, and everyone stating why they admire him so much.
One poster even called him "his hero."
Then, another thread was started about the 100 best Americans.
Poster: "George Washington, John Adams, Billy Graham, and of course, Bob Enyart."

The Father of our country, a president that fathered the Smithsonian, a global evangelical leader, and Enyart?

That's why. It's a bizarre idolization, the way people idolize any celebrity.
That's a good way to look at it.

The question of this thread, to that I answer "No." I don't think Enyart is worshipped like Jesus. But I think he's idolized sometimes, or some people here give the appearance of idolizing Enyart. And they act like the man can do no wrong. That's a problem. No other theologian has near the following that Enyart has. That's alarming.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Johnny said:
Who are you to say what God would or wouldn't have done? Is a heterosexual fornicator any better than a homosexual? Is a liar any better off without Jesus than a rapist? No. They all need him. Homosexuals need Jesus. Child molesters need Jesus. Liars need Jesus. Cheaters need Jesus. Our righteousness is like a filthy rag.

Jesus was nailed to a piece of wood for child-molesters, homosexuals, and rapists.
God did not command the death penalty for liars (okay well some perjurers but you get my point). Homos, child molesters and rapists (quite a threesome you picked there) are not simply sinners, they are criminals and deserve to be executed. God is the one who said this, not Bob Enyart or me or Rimi or anyone else. Anyone who thinks that Homos and rapist should die are simply thinking God's thoughts after Him.

So if God said such a thing, don't you think that, as a Christian, you might want to come down on His side of this issue or do you think that you are more merciful than God? Do you think you love the homo and those around him more than God does? I don't. I don't think so at all. I do think that you are much nicer than God is and I think you haven't given this one dime's worth of thought and couldn't care less about the consequences of what you advocate.

You talk about love with your lips but then advocate that which would destroy both the perverts you are defending and the nation in which they are allowed to exist. That's not love that's selfishness, that's apathy. You're more interested in being liked than you are about standing up for what it right and risking the consequences.

God is smarter than you are and He can be trusted, I recommend that you start doing just that and stop worrying about whether or not some pervert is going to be offended by the truth of God's word. No one here is advocating being offensive for the sake of being offensive. What I (and Bob Enyart as well) try to do and to teach others to do is to tell the truth. And if it the truth hurts? Good! That means you were doing something contrary to the truth. What Christians need to learn to do is to let the offense of the truth do its ministry and to stop weakening it by being so scared that we are going to offend someone right into Hell. As it is, most Christians are holding people's hand and very nicely walking them into Hell. Well, at least they liked you for the six months they knew you just before they started burning forever. Way to go! That really worked well! What you should have done was tackled them, blind sided them if necessary, knocked them clean off their feet, whatever it took to stop them on their journey toward condemnation up to and including the lawful execution of such criminals as homos, child molesters, rapists and the like.

Resting in Him,
:Clete:

Johnny

God did not command the death penalty for liars (okay well some perjurers but you get my point). Homos, child molesters and rapists (quite a threesome you picked there) are not simply sinners, they are criminals and deserve to be executed.
So are we back to harping on the Old Testament again? I could run through a whole list of old testament laws which you probably don't follow, and you probably wouldn't even pay lip service to. The fact of the matter is that someone who has told a white lie without Jesus and someone who rapes and murders a 7 year old are going to the same place. God already placed a death sentence on all mankind in the garden. Do not fool yourself. A liar is in no better standing with God than a child molester.

Did you see Jesus trying to persuade the Roman government to reinstate the death penalty for homosexuality or to make official OT law for everyone? Did you see him demanding that the law followed by the letter? Jesus said, "follow me". So you know what? I'm not going to run around stomping my feet demanding that we have some sort of theocratic mockery. I'm not going to run around saying "Homos should die, because that's how it was in the old testament." I'm not here to play God and dish out a self-righteous tongue lashing. I'm here to love my fellow man and say, "Follow Jesus. Only He can save you from your sin." That's what Jesus told us to do.

So if God said such a thing, don't you think that, as a Christian, you might want to come down on His side of this issue or do you think that you are more merciful than God?
His side of the issue is clear and unmistakeable: Love one another.
That's not love that's selfishness, that's apathy. You're more interested in being liked than you are about standing up for what it right and risking the consequences.
Baseless speculation which doen't even warrant a response. Frankly, I don't care about not being liked. I present the gospel as it is.

God is smarter than you are and He can be trusted, I recommend that you start doing just that and stop worrying about whether or not some pervert is going to be offended by the truth of God's word.
I'm not worried about whether or not some pervert is offended by God's Word. That's God's word, not mine. "You stupid moron" is our words, not God's. Don't confuse the two.

What Christians need to learn to do is to let the offense of the truth do its ministry and to stop weakening it by being so scared that we are going to offend someone right into Hell....Way to go! That really worked well! What you should have done was tackled them, blind sided them if necessary, knocked them clean off their feet, whatever it took to stop them on their journey toward condemnation up to and including the lawful execution of such criminals as homos, child molesters, rapists and the like.
I'm not telling you to water down the gospel. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop inventing things to harp on.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Johnny said:
So are we back to harping on the Old Testament again? I could run through a whole list of old testament laws which you probably don't follow, and you probably wouldn't even pay lip service to.
You do not know me. Do not pretend to know something you do not. This misses the point anyway, there is lots of NEW TESTAMENT support for the death penalty being executed on those guilty of such crimes.

The fact of the matter is that someone who has told a white lie without Jesus and someone who rapes and murders a 7 year old are going to the same place.
Same location perhaps but not with the same punishment. Have you even read the Bible?

God already placed a death sentence on all mankind in the garden. Do not fool yourself. A liar is in no better standing with God than a child molester.
You have no sense of justice at all and your version of God is also unjust and therefore blasphemous. What sort of standing before Him does that give you?

Did you see Jesus trying to persuade the Roman government to reinstate the death penalty for homosexuality or to make official OT law for everyone? Did you see him demanding that the law followed by the letter? Jesus said, "follow me". So you know what? I'm not going to run around stomping my feet demanding that we have some sort of theocratic mockery. I'm not going to run around saying "Homos should die, because that's how it was in the old testament." I'm not here to play God and dish out a self-righteous tongue lashing. I'm here to love my fellow man and say, "Follow Jesus. Only He can save you from your sin." That's what Jesus told us to do.
This is hypocritical and false. First of all Jesus wasn't here for that purpose and so making such an argument is meaningless. Second, you have no problem judging Christians for condemning unrighteousness and criminals but want to be nice and friendly to the perverts who are litterally distroying the society in which you live. Pathetic.

His side of the issue is clear and unmistakeable: Love one another.
Baseless speculation which doen't even warrant a response. Frankly, I don't care about not being liked. I present the gospel as it is.
It is loving to execute those guilty of captical crimes Johnny, that's why God commanded that it be done. I don't expect you to understand why this is so, but it is.

I'm not worried about whether or not some pervert is offended by God's Word. That's God's word, not mine. "You stupid moron" is our words, not God's. Don't confuse the two.
What if the person really is a stupid moron?

I'm not telling you to water down the gospel. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop inventing things to harp on.
That's precisely what you have done with your last two posts and that's precisely what you do when you "tolerate" homos. I do not make stuff up.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny

You do not know me. Do not pretend to know something you do not.
I threw a qualifier in there for you. However, odds are in my favor that you're not an orthodox Jew. Do you profess to follow the law?

This misses the point anyway, there is lots of NEW TESTAMENT support for the death penalty being executed on those guilty of such crimes.
I know there is some support for the death penalty, but I'd like to see support for the death penalty for homosexuals, rapists, and child-molesters. Because there is "lots" of support for execution of those guilty of "such crimes". References please.

Same location perhaps but not with the same punishment. Have you even read the Bible?
I read it often.

You have no sense of justice at all and your version of God is also unjust and therefore blasphemous. What sort of standing before Him does that give you?
Another empty, unsupported claim. I haven't called God unjust.

What if the person really is a stupid moron?
It's still our own words. Further, as I have argued, the judgement of "stupidity" is always quite subjective.

That's precisely what you have done with your last two posts and that's precisely what you do when you "tollerate" homos. I do not make stuff up.
Demonstrate that. I hate to break it to you, but insulting someone's character isn't considered part of the gospel. The gospel of Enyartians, perhaps, but not the gospel of Christ.

Love one another. Love is kind...

II Timothy 2 "24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

Respond to that please.

Rimi

Johnny said:
II Timothy 2 "24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

Respond to that please.

Yes, surely there is a time for gentleness, patience. But usually not with homos because they're not men they're foo foo's. Be gentle with the normal foo foo and he'll take it as a green light to try to get some action going. Lemme axe you this, were the inhabitants of Sodom treated gently and patiently by Lot's guests? On Judgment Day, will Jesus meekly instruct those who oppose Him? My point is there is a time for love, a time for hate, a time for peace and a time for war . . . gee, I wish I'd originally written that.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Johnny said:
I threw a qualifier in there for you. However, odds are in my favor that you're not an orthodox Jew. Do you profess to follow the law?
I'm talking about criminal justice not religious ritual. I'm talking about what the law of the land should be not whether we should be Jews. What planet are you on?

I know there is some support for the death penalty, but I'd like to see support for the death penalty for homosexuals, rapists, and child-molesters. Because there is "lots" of support for execution of those guilty of "such crimes". References please.
If you had read it you would know already. I'm not here to give you a Bible lesson. You claim to be a Christian and so should now this stuff already or else should keep your mouth shut about things which you know nothing about.

I read it often.
No you don't, or else this conversation would not be possible. You might read Bible studies or selected verses but I'd wager you've not even tried to read the Bible to find out what it is actually saying. You wouldn't like it if you did judging by your position on this thread. You are almost certainly the typical sort of Bible reader who is more interested in what his pastor thinks the Bible is saying or what a favorite author thinks about what the Bible plainly says.

Another empty, unsupported claim. I haven't called God unjust.
Of course you did.
God already placed a death sentence on all mankind in the garden. Do not fool yourself. A liar is in no better standing with God than a child molester.
You don't see it because you don't know what justice is. You think God isn't concerned with the details but I assure you He is. There's more to the way God deals with mankind than simply the distinction between saved and unsaved.

It's still our own words. Further, as I have argued, the judgement of "stupidity" is always quite subjective.
It makes no difference. We are not commanded to use only the verbiage that is found in the Bible. We are to tell the truth, period.

Demonstrate that. I hate to break it to you, but insulting someone's character isn't considered part of the gospel. The gospel of Enyartians, perhaps, but not the gospel of Christ.
Demonstrate what, that you water down the gospel? You just did it by asking this question! The gospel is at its core an insult to your character! People do not get saved until they understand that they are lost. If you are not telling people that if they do not repent and believe that they will go to Hell forever then you are not telling them the gospel.
Don't you get it? What Bob Enyart does and what I do isn't about insulting people for the sake of insulting them. It's not about getting an itch to be mean to somebody and just finding the nearest faggot and throwing insults around until we feel better. It's about repentance, its about drawing a line between what is right and what is evil and responding to sins in a way that reflect the severity of the sin. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that all sins are the same, nor does it teach that all sins should be treated equally. Some sins are much more than sins, they are crimes and should dealt with much differently.
In the case of homoism it is not simply a crime either, it is a capital crime. As Christians our strategy toward the homo should be three fold.

1. We should aggressively push for the recriminalization of being a homo.
2. We should attach and attempt to spread as much as possible a strong social stigma against being a homo.
3. We should make every effort to cause individual homos to repent. (Which is impossible to do without telling them that there is something wrong with them, by the way).​
And it should be in that order because as you go up the list it effects a greater and greater number of people, from an individual pervert at number 3 all the way to a whole society at number 1.

Love one another. Love is kind...
Telling a pervert that he is disgusting in such a way to really effectively communicate the emotion is the kindest thing you could possibly do for a homo aside from prosecuting him executing him.

Respond to that please.
This is a disgusting perversion of the word of God. Do you know what context means? Do you have any idea how to read more than two or three verses at a time? Have you any clue how to stay on the same page that the author is on while reading the Bible? Judging from your application of this verse to murderous perverted faggots, I know the answer already.
This passage is not talking about how to deal with perverts, rapists and murderers.

Now, I'm through discussing this with you. You aren't interested in figuring this out anyhow. I just wish I could get you to stop calling yourself a Christian. You don't know what the word even means. You're a wolf is sheep's clothing. You take the side of rapists and child-molesters pretending as though what they've done is the equivalent of, in your own words, "a white lie" in the eyes of God. That is blasphemy. You do not know God, you do not know Jesus Christ, you are not a practicing Christian and you don't know the very first thing about the gospel and so I doubt very much that you are even saved. I doubt your sincerity, I doubt your motives and I doubt your loyalties. You are doing more harm than good and should do everyone around you a favor and go lock yourself in your bedroom and keep you mouth shut about things you don't know anything about. Hell has plenty of people in it without your help, thank you very much.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited: