Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grutch said:
I wasn't being a smart alec,

I was pointing out that I notice most threads degenerate into personal attacks between one another and swing far off topic. Maybe it's just me.

-Grutch
Sorry

taoist

taoist,
Humans are not gods, no exceptions, humans are not gods, no exceptions ...

GuySmiley,
This belongs in the new age forum and I will gladly repeat it.

taoist,
We've got a new age forum? Wow. "... and the truth will make you free."

Now, Greg,

Plenty of evidence for a world only a few thousands years old? Umm, no. The Bishop Ussher timeline was exploded by geologists, christian geologists if you're wondering about their bias, more than a century ago while studying rocks that had clearly been moved by glaciers.

Known distance traveled / known speed of glacier
= too many thousands of years to mesh with a young earth

Since then, geologists were at the forefront of identifying early geological strata determined by deposition of sediments. The layers can be found worldwide and were at first identified by their characteristic minerals and included fossils. Since then, radiodating techniques, most notably Uranium-Thorium-Lead for timescales up to tens or hundreds of millions of years and Potassium-Argon for timescales into the billions of years have pinned down the dates of these geological eras to within a couple decimal places.

By the way, any decent freshman physics course will include a lab showing you how to come up with the half-lives of these elements, and from there you can do the work yourself given fairly primitive equipment and just a smidgen of math. It's not tough, trust me on this.

The earth is 4.54 billion years old. The earliest fossil traces of life (of micro-organisms, naturally) are over 3 billion years old. These are facts. Just as it's a fact that any number of YECs have given up not just their creationist views but their faith in gods after working in geology. It's time to catch up with the rest of the world on this one, Greg.

In peace, Jesse

Last edited:

GuySmiley

taoist,
We've got a new age forum? Wow. "... and the truth will make you free."

Ok, so there is no new age forum

Known distance traveled / known speed of glacier
= too many thousands of years to mesh with a young earth

Its the "known speed of glacier" part that's the problem. They must assume it has always been constant. Just like the growth of stalagmites, and the ammount of carbon-14, the flow of water in the Colorado river, etc. Scientists assume all these things have always been constant. But it does support their pre-conceived idea that the Earth is millions (or billions, or trillions, they keep changing it to support evolution) of years old, which they are happy to grab onto because it supports their other pre-conceived idea that the Bible is false and there is no God.

I have a pre-conceived idea that the Bible is true, and their is a God, but I admit it.

Now, I'm SURE there are flocks of other forums for this topic.

Greg

taoist

GuySmiley,
Ok, so there is no new age forum

taoist,
And now on with the show.

GuySmiley,
Its the "known speed of glacier" part that's the problem. They must assume it has always been constant. Just like the growth of stalagmites, and the amount of carbon-14, the flow of water in the Colorado river, etc. Scientists assume all these things have always been constant. But it does support their pre-conceived idea that the Earth is millions (or billions, or trillions, they keep changing it to support evolution) of years old, which they are happy to grab onto because it supports their other pre-conceived idea that the Bible is false and there is no God.

taoist,
No, they mustn't assume it's constant. After all, it's not. It does have an average value, however, along with likely upper and lower bounds, none of which fit moving those rocks in less than 10,000 years. Sorry!

These numbers aren't pre-conceived. They're calculated, you know, take one number and divide by another -- calculated. Determine half-lives and decay products and do the math -- calculated. Evolutionist occasionally change their timelines to bring them into sync with geology, not the other way around! That's why geology is so potent in bursting young earth creationist bubbles.

Look, I started out as a YEC myself, though we didn't call ourselves that at the time. But eventually, you've got to pull your head out of the sand and see what's written before your eyes. And the writing on the geological wall says 4.54 billion years. Get over it!

GuySmiley,
I have a pre-conceived idea that the Bible is true, and there is a God, but I admit it.

taoist,
I have a pre-conceived idea that the facts should speak for themselves, and I admit that too.

GuySmiley,
Now, I'm SURE there are flocks of other forums for this topic.

Greg

taoist,
I'm an honorary :neck:, and hijacking threads is what we do. Check out the clubhouse sometime, I'll pour you a beer.

:cheers:

In peace, Jesse

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey you two, take it to the creation/evolution forum (we do have one of those).

taoist

Well, gee, spoilsport ... come on already. I think it's sufficiently plain that even the Enyartians can tell the difference between Jesus and Bob, though perhaps not between Jesus and Poly, to call this hash cooked. Look, nobody's gonna accuse me of being a big support of Enyart, and I get the point. Everything else is just stuffing the bird.

Oh, and howdy! Haven't chatted at ya for awhile, hope the wife and kids are doing great!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What? Poly isn't Jesus?

[Cuban accent]POOOOOOLLLLLYYYY! You got some serious 'splanin to do[/Cuban accent]

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yorzhik said:
What? Poly isn't Jesus?

[Cuban accent]POOOOOOLLLLLYYYY! You got some serious 'splanin to do[/Cuban accent]

What can I say? I tried to pull it off for as long as I could.

Of course I knew it would be the "smart" ones like Taoist who might figure me out in the end. :freak:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
taoist said:
NO sense of humor.

You obviously have potshots and humor totally confused.

taoist

That's right, Poly, NO sense of humor.

Is Enyart worshipped li... June 23rd, 2005 10:37 AM Poly
You're such a dope!

Is Enyart worshipped li... June 24th, 2005 10:34 AM Poly
Just when I think you can't be anymore of an idiot you prove me wrong.

Poly, just when I think you couldn't prove me more right, you dazzle me again. You, yourself, were the one to start joking about people worshipping you. (Not this thread, of course, and I'm not interested enough to go look for a reference.) All I did was play off it. It's called a "joke." Yorzhik didn't have any problem seeing it, or playing off it himself.

You seem far too invested in your "truthsmacking" here to get the point, but I'll make another attempt. It's a website, Poly, where people offer up their thoughts and occasionally crack wise. Knight calls it a hobby. For me, it's an occasional entertainment, and an occasional spot to trade thoughts, and that's all. I'm not your enemy, no matter how much you'd love to warp the world into that mold of christians versus them evil atheists. The only person who (still) posts here I have an active dislike for is Bob Enyart, and that's only because his habit of deliberate deception has such a following. But even that's fading, as his audience numbers and public presence recedes.

My original concern, as I've noted before, was that he might be thinking about going the "Ralph Reed" route. Fortunately, enough copies of his old "shadowgov" websites are held by people interested in preventing him that he knows it's not an option. The idea that he might inspire his very own deification is just too laughable to take seriously. No disrespect for the participants in this thread, but it was absurd from its very beginning.

Yes, you're a moderator here, and sure, you can put up negative reps on my little meter, but really, who cares? I mean, really, it's not like you can take away my birthday.

In peace, Jesse

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
taoist said:
That's right, Poly, NO sense of humor.

Is Enyart worshipped li... June 23rd, 2005 10:37 AM Poly
You're such a dope!

Is Enyart worshipped li... June 24th, 2005 10:34 AM Poly
Just when I think you can't be anymore of an idiot you prove me wrong.

Poly, just when I think you couldn't prove me more right, you dazzle me again. You, yourself, were the one to start joking about people worshipping you. (Not this thread, of course, and I'm not interested enough to go look for a reference.) All I did was play off it. It's called a "joke." Yorzhik didn't have any problem seeing it, or playing off it himself.

You seem far too invested in your "truthsmacking" here to get the point, but I'll make another attempt. It's a website, Poly, where people offer up their thoughts and occasionally crack wise. Knight calls it a hobby. For me, it's an occasional entertainment, and an occasional spot to trade thoughts, and that's all. I'm not your enemy, no matter how much you'd love to warp the world into that mold of christians versus them evil atheists. The only person who (still) posts here I have an active dislike for is Bob Enyart, and that's only because his habit of deliberate deception has such a following. But even that's fading, as his audience numbers and public presence recedes.

My original concern, as I've noted before, was that he might be thinking about going the "Ralph Reed" route. Fortunately, enough copies of his old "shadowgov" websites are held by people interested in preventing him that he knows it's not an option. The idea that he might inspire his very own deification is just too laughable to take seriously. No disrespect for the participants in this thread, but it was absurd from its very beginning.

Yes, you're a moderator here, and sure, you can put up negative reps on my little meter, but really, who cares? I mean, really, it's not like you can take away my birthday.

In peace, Jesse

Is Enyart worshipped li... June 24th, 2005 10:40 AM Poly
You're still a dope!

taoist

Yes, but not so foolish as to think using the "dreaded" negative reps says more about the character of the one you're repping than your own. Maybe you should try it in red ink, next. That one's called "irony," Poly. Put it up next to humor in the things you should look into. I almost wish there actually was a goddess making ribwomen out there. Just so I could beat her over the head with a funny bone while asking, "What were you thinking?!"

(It's okay, Poly, I don't expect you to get it.)