ECT IS ACTS 2:38 and verse 39 MISUNDERSTOOD , YES IT IS !!

themuzicman

Hasn't happened yet,

Zech 12
12 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the Lord of hosts their God.

6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

They looked upon the one they pierced, and experienced bitterness at 70AD.

SaulToPaul 2

They looked upon the one they pierced, and experienced bitterness at 70AD.

this did not happen in 70ad,

8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem

DAN P

If that's the case, then the Church was all wrong for 1800 years, because there was no dispensationalism before the 1800s.

And you missed the close quote at the end of verse 39. Luke is referring to what Peter said there in that moment.

The end of that day, I'd imagine.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

Because Peter was influenced by the Judaizers, and Paul called him on the hypocrisy.

Paul was raised as a Pharisee. So?

You've provided zero basis for this claim.

Hi so you say that there was no Dispensationalism before the 1800 , than give a verse where it BEGAN !!

DAN P

themuzicman

this did not happen in 70ad,

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem

Verse 8, Israel returns form exile, and live securely in the land until 70AD

Verse 10, Jesus is born and put to death.

Verses 11-14, Israel scattered, as they must mourn by themselves.

SaulToPaul 2

Verse 8, Israel returns form exile, and live securely in the land until 70AD

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Then,

DAN P

Where what began?

Hi and in post 64 , you nsaid there was no Dispensationalism before the 1800 !!

So where in the bible did it began , since the Greek word OIKONOMIA is in Col 1:25-27 for it seem you have ABANDONED the bible , don't you see ??

dan p

Danoh

I thought Danoh was an Acts 28er. :D

Consider that heir took issue with any ribbing about this.

You obviously supported her.

She is not around and you turn around and do the exact thing she took issue with - the mere ribbing about this.

Your double standard once more shows itself for what it is.

I never agreed with her. I thought she was taking that too seriously.

But that is her, and that is her right. As mine is mine.

You...should continue to honor her wish. That is what friends do.

I expect that from PJ, as his loyalties are ever hypocritical and are thus not even worth replying to.

Respect your friend's wish, STP.

DAN P

If Peter practicing the law and this is what Peter is supposed to be doing, why is Paul calling him out?

notice a couple of things, here:

1) Peter WAS eating with the Gentiles. So, initially he was not living in the law.
2) Only when Judaizers came and pressured Peter did Peter separate himself.
3) Paul (inerrantly, as he is writing Scripture) identifies Peter as "condemned" for practicing the law, and is even called a hypocrite for doing so.

So, what you claim as evidence that Peter continued to practice the law is actually evidence that he was NOT practicing the law UNTIL Judaizers came to pressure him, and Paul calls him CONDEMNED for doing so.

Thus, what Peter was doing was WRONG, and not acceptable.

Paul baptized Gentiles. (1 Cor 1)
Gentiles spoke in tongues in Gentile churches (1 Cor 14)

There is no discontinuity between Jew and Gentile based upon these things.

Hki and Paul called Peter a HYPOCRITE and those that Pater was trying t PROSELYTE back to Judaism in Gal 2:12-14 and fall back in kepping the Law of Moses !!

Peter NEVER was part of the Body of Christ as referenced in Gal 3:28 and no one today today can be saved under Kingdom Preaching as taught by Peter !!

dan p

Interplanner

Paul's dispensation

In Paul's thinking there was the dispensation other than or outside of the law. And then there was the 2nd one that was the Law, and which had confused itself with the original one, Gal 3:17. I probably would have done the same as most people in Judaism, too, but Paul said it had voided and replaced the original one and that it was time to chuck it rather than void and replace. The gift of the imputed righteousness of God always was by faith in Christ as it was with Abraham.

There was never the slightest doubt that the redemptive news of God was to go to the Gentiles; but was it supposed to be accessed through the Law? No! That is what Paul is saying was a mystery to those in Judaism. It is by faith; faith has an object; the object is the work of Christ; the work of Christ was the Gospel; this work was known since Adam--not in specifics, but that it would take place. It is by knowing these things as history, not as theology, that they are clear. Theology is far less pinned-down than history.

SaulToPaul 2

Consider that heir took issue with any ribbing about this.

You obviously supported her.

She is not around and you turn around and do the exact thing she took issue with - the mere ribbing about this.

Your double standard once more shows itself for what it is.

I never agreed with her. I thought she was taking that too seriously.

But that is her, and that is her right. As mine is mine.

You...should continue to honor her wish. That is what friends do.

I expect that from PJ, as his loyalties are ever hypocritical and are thus not even worth replying to.

Respect your friend's wish, STP.

This was more about me funnin' with PJ the Great, than about you.

themuzicman

Then,

Exile, defeat of the Persians.

themuzicman

Hki and Paul called Peter a HYPOCRITE and those that Pater was trying t PROSELYTE back to Judaism in Gal 2:12-14 and fall back in kepping the Law of Moses !!

Wow. You need to read the text for what it says. Peter was being pressured by the Judaizers, not the other way around.

11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.

Peter was doing the New Covenant thing, eating with Gentiles, probably enjoying some bacon, and when Judaizers came, he was pressured by them to withdraw.

And that was the hypocrisy: Peter knew the Judaizers were wrong, but went with them anyway.

Peter NEVER was part of the Body of Christ as referenced in Gal 3:28 and no one today today can be saved under Kingdom Preaching as taught by Peter !!

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave[g] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

This is Paul's affirmation against the mid-acts dispy. Peter is a Jew. Paul is a Jew. The Galatians were primarily Gentiles. This declaration puts them all out from under the law, and all into the one Covenant, one in Christ, in one body.

You just cited the verse that refutes you.