I'm seeing these sorts of videos nearly every day, now!

glorydaz

The psychiatric orderlies I mentioned earlier had a moved they drilled in over and over, because they used it so much and it was so effective. Patient throws a punch at you or approaches while reaching out...1.5 seconds later the orderly is behind them, gripping their wrists crosswise across their stomach, like a straightjacket, with their hip into the small of the patient's back. Then they just lean a little...patient's off the ground and unable to move.

Had this done to me by a guy a full foot shorter than me and...yeah, you're not going anywhere. :chuckle:

You can't hold that for more than a minute or so before it starts to wear on you but that's plenty of time for half a dozen other orderlies to handle the situation.

But still and all, you know that those half dozen orderlies are going to do with you now? Yup, you're going to the ground.

Yep, I worked for years at a residential treatment center for sexually abused kids. The staff was trained to do the same thing, (basket holds) which I'm sure would be much harder on adults but certainly doable. Many of the moves were very similar to what I taught in Lifesaving classes. Block and turns, etc. An out of control child is a danger to himself and others....containments are never fun to watch, but are most often better than the alternative.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Is fleeing a reason to use deadly force or is that excessive?

seems like he could have shot out the tires :idunno:

According to certain members on this forum, execution from an officer would an appropriate punishment for j-walking.

45443820.jpg

ok doser

Though Tiller was cleared of wrongdoing by a state prosecutor, Walker said the video shows that the officer “placed himself in a vulnerable position”

don't cops do that every time they go out of the station house?

and could have let the fleeing 19-year-old go.

yes, he could have

but do we really want our cops to let fleeing suspects go?

do fleeing suspects usually obey traffic rules?

if a fleeing suspect runs over my six year old kid riding his bike, I'm gonna want him held to account and the cop who let him go

Tiller could have picked up Hammond later, Walker said. The officer saw the suspect, knew what car he was driving and had the license plate number.

right, because people engaged in criminal activities (like dealing drugs) never engage in other criminal activities (like driving stolen cars)

and they always go straight home after the cops let them go and just wait to be picked up

WizardofOz

don't cops do that every time they go out of the station house?

yes, he could have

but do we really want our cops to let fleeing suspects go?

do fleeing suspects usually obey traffic rules?

if a fleeing suspect runs over my six year old kid riding his bike, I'm gonna want him held to account and the cop who let him go

right, because people engaged in criminal activities (like dealing drugs) never engage in other criminal activities (like driving stolen cars)

and they always go straight home after the cops let them go and just wait to be picked up

Like you said, he could have disable the vehicle by shooting at the tires. I don't think he needed to shoot the driver simply for attempting to allude arrest.

The officer was trigger happy in this case imo.

ok doser

and none of the outraged SJW's in this thread managed to come up with an answer:
more to the point - what do you think the cop should have done?

tased her?

pepper sprayed her?

punched her in the face and knocked her out?

took out a billyclub and clubbed her unconscious?

asked her to pretty please stop kicking him?

cry like a little girl?

ok doser

oh lordy, i do miss purex's particularly intense form of numbnuttery :darwinsm:
The woman was drunk. If she had been sexually assaulted instead of physically assaulted by a cop, would she still have "deserved it" for disrespecting authority?