I'm seeing these sorts of videos nearly every day, now!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Call for backup and cuff her feet. Slap on a faceshield if she spits or bites. Toss her in the tank if there's no dealing with her and let her cool off.
Etc. Cops already have responses for this kind of thing. It's not like it doesn't happen every single day. The problem here is that a full-on body slam probably ain't it.

this occurred in the hospital waiting room

Huckleberry

this occurred in the hospital waiting room
Nonetheless, police officers already have methods of dealing with this sort of behavior. It may well be that some variation of "put her on the floor and sit on her" was called for here, but I can't imagine body slamming someone who's handcuffed is called for.

I'm not a cop and never have been, though I know a few and have worked with them in situations similar to this. I'm also familiar with the training orderlies and psychiatric aides receive for handling psychiatric patients. I can't say the two receive identical training but I can say they approach things in general very much the same.

A psychiatric patient who was already restrained but still lashing out would, if the orderly/aide was alone, be put on the floor and held there or held her in place from behind in a standing position, until backup could pitch in. Then she'd be relocated to full restraints on a bed in seclusion (at worst) or place in seclusion in body restraints (at best) if she wasn't able to control herself after having been held down or held in place. At no point would she be body-slammed as in the video.

Again, can't say the police are trained to do precisely that, but I'd bet their procedure is more or less the same. Police officers are allowed a bit more aggression in their handling of these things, but in all cases the standard is "do the least harm".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. But he is a big man and he could have simply tied her feet? I wasn't there so cannot make a definitive assessment.
These belligerent people bring a good deal onto themselves, BUT!, the officer is a big man and he ought to be trained to exercise restraint.

IMO one of the biggest reasons we are seeing so many of these occurrences is because parents are allowing and even encouraging their kids to have no respect for authority.

PureX

IMO one of the biggest reasons we are seeing so many of these occurrences is because parents are allowing and even encouraging their kids to have no respect for authority.
The woman was drunk. If she had been sexually assaulted instead of physically assaulted by a cop, would she still have "deserved it" for disrespecting authority?

The point is that neither was necessary, nor deserved. And if we are to hold cops in such high esteem, it seems to me that we should expect exemplary behavior from them, in return, especially when we are not capable of it. Otherwise, they don't deserve that esteem.

Also, nearly every one of these instances of excessive force by police begins with the expectation of immediate and total compliance by the cops. And then when they don't get it, they act in such a way as to prove they didn't deserve it. I agree that the heart of the problem is this absurd expectation of immediate and unquestioned obedience. But I don't agree that in a free society this expectation should be considered reasonable.

ok doser

The woman was drunk. If she had been sexually assaulted instead of physically assaulted by a cop, would she still have "deserved it" for disrespecting authority?

:doh:do you have any idea how retarded that sounds?

he did not "assault" her

he took her to the ground to control her

she was in his custody

he was responsible for her safety

he was responsible for controlling her

Also, nearly every one of these instances of excessive force by police begins with the expectation of immediate and total compliance by the cops. And then when they don't get it, they act in such a way as to prove they didn't deserve it. I agree that the heart of the problem is this absurd expectation of immediate and unquestioned obedience. But I don't agree that in a free society this expectation should be considered reasonable.

it only appears this way because you're missing the events that lead up to the fifteen second clip that goes viral

stop being such a retard

glorydaz

Nonetheless, police officers already have methods of dealing with this sort of behavior. It may well be that some variation of "put her on the floor and sit on her" was called for here, but I can't imagine body slamming someone who's handcuffed is called for.

I'm not a cop and never have been, though I know a few and have worked with them in situations similar to this. I'm also familiar with the training orderlies and psychiatric aides receive for handling psychiatric patients. I can't say the two receive identical training but I can say they approach things in general very much the same.

A psychiatric patient who was already restrained but still lashing out would, if the orderly/aide was alone, be put on the floor and held there or held her in place from behind in a standing position, until backup could pitch in. Then she'd be relocated to full restraints on a bed in seclusion (at worst) or place in seclusion in body restraints (at best) if she wasn't able to control herself after having been held down or held in place. At no point would she be body-slammed as in the video.

Again, can't say the police are trained to do precisely that, but I'd bet their procedure is more or less the same. Police officers are allowed a bit more aggression in their handling of these things, but in all cases the standard is "do the least harm".

I agree. In this instance, the cop should have grabbed her by the hair of the head and stuffed her head down to the floor. Or up against the wall. He was big enough to do either one. He was mad from the earlier groin kicks, and his anger caused him to slam her to the ground. That was excessive. They should have taken the fight out of her before they even took her to the station. A take down shouldn't feel good. I had a friend who was a retired cop from LA and he showed how they would grab a guy by the sideburns and lift him up on his tippy toes.....they'd follow along like a lamb. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Yep. Talk back to parents. Talk back to teachers. Talk back to cops. And they're being encouraged to do so.

They grow up to be libs. ;)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Right ... because a sexual assault is the same thing as having an altercation with a cop. :plain:

The point is that neither was necessary, nor deserved. And if we are to hold cops in such high esteem, it seems to me that we should expect exemplary behavior from them, in return, especially when we are not capable of it. Otherwise, they don't deserve that esteem.

Also, nearly every one of these instances of excessive force by police begins with the expectation of immediate and total compliance by the cops.

Since you wish to give the green light to allowing people to completely disregard instructions and orders from the police, why bother having a police force at all?

Certainly home break ins, assaults, carjackings, etc. is something the average joe can be expected to handle on their own.

Huckleberry

I agree. In this instance, the cop should have grabbed her by the hair of the head and stuffed her head down to the floor. Or up against the wall. He was big enough to do either one. He was mad from the earlier groin kicks, and his anger caused him to slam her to the ground. That was excessive. They should have taken the fight out of her before they even took her to the station. A take down shouldn't feel good. I had a friend who was a retired cop from LA and he showed how they would grab a guy by the sideburns and lift him up on his tippy toes.....they'd follow along like a lamb. :chuckle:
The psychiatric orderlies I mentioned earlier had a moved they drilled in over and over, because they used it so much and it was so effective. Patient throws a punch at you or approaches while reaching out...1.5 seconds later the orderly is behind them, gripping their wrists crosswise across their stomach, like a straightjacket, with their hip into the small of the patient's back. Then they just lean a little...patient's off the ground and unable to move.

Had this done to me by a guy a full foot shorter than me and...yeah, you're not going anywhere. :chuckle:

You can't hold that for more than a minute or so before it starts to wear on you but that's plenty of time for half a dozen other orderlies to handle the situation.

But still and all, you know that those half dozen orderlies are going to do with you now? Yup, you're going to the ground.

WizardofOz

And another

Dashcam of police shooting

Seneca, SC — On July 26, Seneca Police Lt. Mark Tiller ran towards 19-year-old Zachary Hammond’s car with his gun drawn as Hammond’s date, Tori Morton, allegedly sold a few grams of marijuana to an undercover cop.

According to Seneca Police Chief John Covington, Hammond drove toward Lt. Tiller in an attempt to murder him. Fearing for his life, Tiller shot Hammond twice at point-blank range killing him. But according to witness statements and Hammond’s autopsy, the teenager was not attempting to run down Tiller in the moments before his death.

Hammond’s autopsy revealed that the teen was shot in the back of his left shoulder and his side.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/br...p-murder-zachary-hammond/#oMPS0ERudwwGyPTS.99

ok doser

And another

Dashcam of police shooting

Seneca, SC — On July 26, Seneca Police Lt. Mark Tiller ran towards 19-year-old Zachary Hammond’s car with his gun drawn as Hammond’s date, Tori Morton, allegedly sold a few grams of marijuana to an undercover cop.

According to Seneca Police Chief John Covington, Hammond drove toward Lt. Tiller in an attempt to murder him. Fearing for his life, Tiller shot Hammond twice at point-blank range killing him. But according to witness statements and Hammond’s autopsy, the teenager was not attempting to run down Tiller in the moments before his death.

Hammond’s autopsy revealed that the teen was shot in the back of his left shoulder and his side.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/br...p-murder-zachary-hammond/#oMPS0ERudwwGyPTS.99

somebody forced this guy to sell drugs?

and somebody forced him to try to flee when the cop tried to arrest him?

that person is to blame! :sibbie:

ok doser

'cause he tried to run over the cop who was trying to stop the car with his body :duh:

whoops

i mean "'cause somebody made him try to run over the cop who was trying to stop the car with his body" :duh:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The first is the YouTube title, the second is your title. Interesting that you added her ethnicity to yours.

Whats interesting about it, that i stated a fact, or that i dont hide the ethnicity when its a black person like liberals do?

Implicit bias operates below conscious cognition. It's an association process involving attitudes and stereotypes that people may not be aware they have (insist they don't have), but it's there on an automatic response level. I think what you did there is a good example of it.

No, what you just said shows you are the one with the problem and whole heap of white guilt, i dont feel guilty at all for things i didnt do.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
are you saying that she wasn't a black woman?

:think: i find it fascinating that you didn't comment on the fact that angel described her gender

no, you only focused on the ethnicity angle

Because racists, see race issues everywhere. I just saw a black woman commit a crime against a white man, which are called facts.