ECT II Timothy 2:15 How?

Interplanner

He did and they did.

A backup proof of this is found in I Thess 2 about the person who 'claims to be god.' He is claiming to be the figure from Daniel, and we know from Judaism how they treated Jesus when that was done. It was a claim to be God as the gospel accounts show.

oatmeal

The example you gave is relative to the exponential suffering that we must go through. This suffering very well may not end until our physical life ends. Jesus was only guided by God. He was very strong in his guidance, and was able to accept his destiny ordained by the father. Did his Faith falter upon death? No. Upon the point of his pain that he couldn't bear, God relieved him of his earthly suffering, as he was ripped in twain, or tore in two from top to bottom. To me he was asking for relief, and God did just that. Thanks.

Here are some scriptures for you to consider on this subject.

Matthew 26:52-54

52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Who do you know that has that tight a relationship with God?

If Jesus Christ wanted relief from the pain, he had opportunity before that.

He was offered several drinks while being dragged to the site of his crucifixion. They were drinks offered to criminals to deaden the pain, they contained herbs, drugs to deaden the pain. He refused all drink offerings.

Please show us the scripture where Jesus was ripped in half.

In order to properly deal with Matthew 27:46 we must first ask ourselves why the translators did not translate the Aramaic words. Reason, they did not know how to translate them.

Jesus Christ gave up the ghost, no one took his life.

Matthew 27:50

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Mark 15:37

And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.

Luke 23:46

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

John 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Jesus gave it up, no one killed him. He gave up his life, for you and for me.

oatmeal

You've done very well there, O!

So maybe you would take your own advice?
Recognize the figures of speech.
And I would add, understand what they are saying.

The Lord did say He would raise it up and the false accusation was that He said He would destroy the temple. But think about it - what offended those against Him most was never threats of destruction - but His acts above human.
Now I'm not going to say any more about this, friend, so please don't give me some hard headed answer!

Moses was never an equal with The Lord God. He was a servant. A great one, but not more, right? Right. Yet he is the greatest man in the eyes of Israel even today, right? Not even John the Baptist is compared to him, right? Right. So his comparability to The Lord was on purpose but not because he seemed like a god when he wasn't one, was it? Israel would've had to kill him if he claimed to be a god. Please Deal With That.

John 2:18-21

Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Did Jesus destroy his own body?

Who whipped him? Did Jesus whip himself?

Who put a bag over his head and beat him?

Did Jesus do that to himself?

Who put the crowns of thorns on his head? Did Jesus put the crowns of thorns on his own head?

Who led (carried, dragged) him out to be crucified? Did Jesus?

Who nailed his hands and feet to the tree? Did Jesus nail himself to the tree?

Who destroy the temple, his body? His captors

If you are not interested in scripture, then you will never learn to rightly divide his word.

You are right, Moses, a god made by God, was a servant of the most high God. Most high God, why say most high God if God is the only God? Moses was made a god by the most high God, but Moses was still a god, that served the most high God.

If your father's name is Smith and you are a Smith, who raised you? Who was your superior? or where you superior to your father?

God made Moses a god to Pharaoh, He is all wise, God did the wisest thing to make Moses a god to Pharaoh. Why question God's wisdom?

Should God apologize to you for doing something and recording something He did in His wisdom that does not fit your preconceived theology?

That's not going to happen, if anything you need to apologize to God for having a theology that contradicts His words.

Jesus did not claim to be God!

Don't you ever read scripture?

Read what is written!

John 10:34-36

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Who did Jesus say he is?

a. God

b. the son of God

You should go back and read my previous posts on how to read what is written and the examples I gave.

oatmeal

He did and they did.

A backup proof of this is found in I Thess 2 about the person who 'claims to be god.' He is claiming to be the figure from Daniel, and we know from Judaism how they treated Jesus when that was done. It was a claim to be God as the gospel accounts show.

Who are you addressing this post to?

What is the context of your post?

By the way, those are two other good questions to ask while working on rightly dividing the word of truth.

popsthebuilder

52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

He was offered several drinks while being dragged to the site of his crucifixion. They were drinks offered to criminals to deaden the pain, they contained herbs, drugs to deaden the pain. He refused all drink offerings.

In order to properly deal with Matthew 27:46 we must first ask ourselves why the translators did not translate the Aramaic words. Reason, they did not know how to translate them.

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Mathew27:51

popsthebuilder

Just because we was doing the will of God by surrendering for sacrifice as was prophesied doesn't mean he wasn't murdered.

oatmeal

Mathew27:51

Matthew 27:51

is referring to the temple building not Jesus Christ himself.

Jesus himself, being the temple of God, still went to the temple building to fulfill his ministry.

For example

Matthew 21:12

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 21:14

And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.

Matthew 21:15

And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased,

Matthew 21:23

And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?

oatmeal

Just because we was doing the will of God by surrendering for sacrifice as was prophesied doesn't mean he wasn't murdered.

Jesus Christ gave up his life.

Are you talking about his actual death?

or are your comments referring to that fact that his enemies wanted him dead?

Most certainly, his enemies wanted him dead, as you say, they were murderers at heart, but the murdering mob did not kill him, he gave up his life.

He could have walked away anytime he wanted to, after all, he could have had over 12 legions of angels at his beck and call.

He had a job to do and he did it, he fully paid for all our sins, he redeemed us from the hand of the enemy and made available the gift of salvation/eternal life/pneuma hagion

popsthebuilder

Jesus Christ gave up his life.

Are you talking about his actual death?

or are your comments referring to that fact that his enemies wanted him dead?

Most certainly, his enemies wanted him dead, as you say, they were murderers at heart, but the murdering mob did not kill him, he gave up his life.

He could have walked away anytime he wanted to, after all, he could have had over 12 legions of angels at his beck and call.

He had a job to do and he did it, he fully paid for all our sins, he redeemed us from the hand of the enemy and made available the gift of salvation/eternal life/pneuma hagion
Yes he had a choice the hole time. And he knew he was going to die. I do not refute or doubt that Jesus could have changed his path at any time. I have no doubt that him doing so would have been working in the opposing direction. He fulfilled God's plan for him wholly, finally becoming one with God wholly in that he left the flesh and possibility for sin, which was evidently, seemingly impossible for him anyway.(sin)
He was perfect.

If you state that Jesus was murdered you are speaking truthfully.

If you say he sacrificed his self for the sake of existence under God you would be speaking truthfully as well.

If you say his physical death necessitates our rebirth through Crist under God you would be right.

Where are we missing one another?

Thank you, respectfully.

Danoh

Who are you addressing this post to?

What is the context of your post?

By the way, those are two other good questions to ask while working on rightly dividing the word of truth.

Get used to his insistence on not quoting who he is responding to. To him all is one size fits all.

oatmeal

The intent was murder. But they did not kill him, he gave up the ghost.

He could have waited till his wounds caused him to die but God commanded him that he could die and that he would rise up.

Had he not given up the ghost, the soldier would have broken his legs which would have hastened his death.

His body had already suffered enough wounds to have killed him, he would have eventually bled to death.

So we have two truths that although seemingly contrary, are not.

Besides the verses I showed that Jesus gave up the ghost, his life, we have others

John 10:17

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Acts 8:33

In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Matthew 20:28

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mark 10:45

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

John 6:51

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Although he would have eventually died of his wounds, he laid down his live, he gave up his life, he laid it down of himself, he was given the power to do so of his Father.

oatmeal

Yes he had a choice the hole time. And he knew he was going to die. I do not refute or doubt that Jesus could have changed his path at any time. I have no doubt that him doing so would have been working in the opposing direction. He fulfilled God's plan for him wholly, finally becoming one with God wholly in that he left the flesh and possibility for sin, which was evidently, seemingly impossible for him anyway.(sin)
He was perfect.

If you state that Jesus was murdered you are speaking truthfully.

If you say he sacrificed his self for the sake of existence under God you would be speaking truthfully as well.

If you say his physical death necessitates our rebirth through Crist under God you would be right.

Where are we missing one another?

Thank you, respectfully.

I think you understand it as it was written.

oatmeal

Salvation is a gift.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Easy to read and easy to understand.

Unless your pride or other emotions or preconceived notions get in the way

Last edited:

oatmeal

Psalm 6:5 and others like it.

There is no consciousness in death, hence the need to be raised from the dead to ever be with the Lord.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

iamaberean

How do you rightly divide the truth?

What methods do you use?

How do you know if you have successfully rightly divided the word of truth, that is from scripture?

Divide these things first.

1. Old Testament - Written to the Jews, God's chosen.

2. The four gospels - Jesus, the Jews Messiah, walked here on earth to try and bring his chosen to the understanding that he would be the one who would bring judgment, in their generation, upon those that would not accept him as their Messiah.

3. Epistles - Written to the early churches on how to live for God.

4. The book of Revelation - The Revelation of Jesus Christ is the full title, and it describes the judgment that was about to happen to his chosen, the Jews.

5. All books of the bible are only for our knowledge. It is about the generations of the Jews from Eden to Judgment.

6. Finally, if one tries to make the bible about us, they will never be able to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

oatmeal

Divide these things first.

1. Old Testament - Written to the Jews, God's chosen.

2. The four gospels - Jesus, the Jews Messiah, walked here on earth to try and bring his chosen to the understanding that he would be the one who would bring judgment, in their generation, upon those that would not accept him as their Messiah.

3. Epistles - Written to the early churches on how to live for God.

4. The book of Revelation - The Revelation of Jesus Christ is the full title, and it describes the judgment that was about to happen to his chosen, the Jews.

5. All books of the bible are only for our knowledge. It is about the generations of the Jews from Eden to Judgment.

6. Finally, if one tries to make the bible about us, they will never be able to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

It is certainly necessary and right to recognize differing periods of time given in scriptures.

Without that differentiation there would be confusion where none need exist.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Psalm 6:5 and others like it.

There is no consciousness in death, hence the need to be raised from the dead to ever be with the Lord.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

True.

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How do you rightly divide the truth?

What methods do you use?

How do you know if you have successfully rightly divided the word of truth, that is from scripture?

I said
We don't do it. We only submit to the Holy Spirit and He is the one that rightly divides.

Interplanner

The first thing is look at the context of that paragraph. It has to do with leadership skills. It does not have to do with ages, epochs, eras, dispensations, etc.

The flimsy thing about Dispensationalism was the way it could find a soundbyte expression and generate whole doctrines out of them that don't really exist.