ECT II Timothy 2:15 How?

rainee

Yes, O,
Below you wrote without any cleverness or guile that God would accept another god... But think what He did to keep man from "becoming" so no you are wrong, your teachers are wrong, and your friends are wrong.

He did not say Moses is a god, not at all, and Israel would've stoned Moses if he had said he was. Which he would never have done. You realize the only way error like this can exist in cults is if they hide it in some way... But here you are quite simply saying something that would shrivel under the light...
I don't know... Maybe we should praise you instead of chastise you?
No guile may be a gift from God.

"Exodus 7:1 is clear. Moses is a god because God made him to be one."

oatmeal

Yes, O,
Below you wrote without any cleverness or guile that God would accept another god... But think what He did to keep man from "becoming" so no you are wrong, your teachers are wrong, and your friends are wrong.

He did not say Moses is a god, not at all, and Israel would've stoned Moses if he had said he was. Which he would never have done. You realize the only way error like this can exist in cults is if they hide it in some way... But here you are quite simply saying something that would shrivel under the light...
I don't know... Maybe we should praise you instead of chastise you?
No guile may be a gift from God.

"Exodus 7:1 is clear. Moses is a god because God made him to be one."

So you choose not to believe God when in Exodus 7:1,

"And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet."

He states He made Moses a god to Pharaoh?

I believe Exodus 7:1, why don't you?

Interplanner

There is also an episode in John where Jesus quotes a Psalm that says the judges are gods. It only meant that position for that purpose. This is a non-question.

oatmeal

There is also an episode in John where Jesus quotes a Psalm that says the judges are gods. It only meant that position for that purpose. This is a non-question.

As an observation regarding many on this website, I do not see that they comprehend the general usage of the word "god" in scripture.

They look at "god" or "God" as one being only, yet as you point out, God refers to humans as gods because they represent the Creator, the Jehovah.

The word "god" as used in scripture is used as a title not an identifier of one being only.

A title that can be given to humans

oatmeal

I Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

When is healing available?

When is it accomplished?

God says it has already been accomplished, we were healed

Why then are some believers ill and dying prematurely?

In order to receive anything that God's word promises, we must believe those promises.

Mark 9:23

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

oatmeal

I Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

When is healing available?

When is it accomplished?

God says it has already been accomplished, we were healed

Why then are some believers ill and dying prematurely?

In order to receive anything that God's word promises, we must believe those promises.

Mark 9:23

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

We need therefore in increase our believing if we are to receive the promises of God

Luke 17:5-10

5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?

8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Interplanner

re the OP. Sin is by nature a mystery that we cannot completely assimilate. This is a poor topic for a Christian forum if they actually did mean this verse.

oatmeal

Trow?

Are we supposed to look up medieval English or Welsh or Scottish everytime we read the Bible?

Using a dictionary is not a difficult task.

It take some effort however.

Paul said it well.

2 Corinthians 4:17

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

However, what the Apostle Paul considers light affliction, we should learn from and man up to doing whatever it takes to serve God only.

II Corinthians 11:23-33

Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?

30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:

33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

With all those people trying to obstruct his ministry, and trying to kill him, no wonder he prayed to God to remove those thorns in his flesh from him. II Corinthians 12

God forbid we should ever whine about having to look something up in a dictionary.

Interplanner

Paul also used the most fluid, current, understandable marketplace Greek instead of things the way Plato said them 400 years earlier!

You equation of 'suffering for the KJV' sake and Paul's suffering is pusillanimous (since you like dictionaries.).

Danoh

Paul also used the most fluid, current, understandable marketplace Greek instead of things the way Plato said them 400 years earlier!

You equation of 'suffering for the KJV' sake and Paul's suffering is pusillanimous (since you like dictionaries.).

Must be why many of the sciences, Botany, the Medical world, etc., no longer uses Latin, or why Shakespeare is updated every year.

In other words, there you go with your "one size fits all" notions, again.

You, Jerry, Tetelestai, Aikido 7, and a few others - its ever your notions that should be accepted as asserted by you and yours, just because you said it with what you delude yourselves is speaking with authority.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Sis, I agree with that. I was wondering though, what your understanding is of the phrase "rightly dividing" - that phrase itself?
Rightly dividing is to separate one from another. We can see a biblical example of rightly dividing as the Lord will rightly divide the nations at the second coming:

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Just what is it that Paul writes needs to be rightly divided/seperated one from another?

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Answer: the word of truth

And Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

So we do no harm to the passage by looking at it this way (not changing what the verse actually says, as it means what it says, but to demonstrate the meaning to you):

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, separating one from another, the gospel of your salvation!

There's more than one gospel in your Bible. If you don't separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of YOUR salvation" as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV above, from others, you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you in the dispensation of the grace of God. Our good news must be divided out from other good news in the Bible.

There's more to the how to rightly divide, but I hope for now this helps :)

Last edited:

oatmeal

Is looking up words in a dictionary is more than you can handle?

Or are you a workman of the word of truth?

Note the word "workman".

It is a compound word made up of the word "work" and "man" a man who works.

Is that simple enough for you?

oatmeal

Up to this point, the illustrations of how to rightly to divide the word of truth by simply reading what it says is the first step of how to rightly divide the truth.

Someone might say, well the first thing I do is pray.

Good for him, but what is the source of that wisdom? Time, Reader's Digest, Popular Mechanics, The National Enquirer????

Someone had to read that from scripture the word of truth and that had to be communicated to him.

We learn how to pray from learning how to rightly divide the word of truth.

For instance, does God say we should pray that someone gives us a winning lottery ticket?

No, but it does say that a man who does not work (is not willing to work), should not eat II Thessalonians 3:6-10

Since we are talking about how to rightly dividing the word of truth, we must be sure we read II Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

who is going to rightly divide the word of truth?

a. some one on spiritual welfare

b.... someone whose Bible is collecting dust in some dark corner of his abode

c. a workman

d. an undisciplined person who is given to being pusillanimous

"c" is the correct answer.

"workman" is an all inclusive noun, it includes men, women and children who are doing the work to understand scripture as the sole author, God, intended it to be understood

popsthebuilder

Learning to read what is written.

Genesis 7:1-9

7 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

5 And Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him.

6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

How many of each did God tell Noah to collect?

of the clean beasts sevens. Why plural? why not collect seven of each of the clean beasts? Because God meant plural, seven pairs, male and female.

When they were led into the ark by how many were they led into the ark? By sevens? No, by twos.

Is collecting and leading the same thing? No.

He collected by sevens, the male and female.

They were led two and two

If only seven of the clean beasts were collected it would be impossible for the clean beasts to be led in by twos because seven is an odd number, not an even number (a multiple of two)

How many of each of the clean beasts were collected? Seven pairs, seven pairs of male and female.

If only two were taken, then Noah may have destroyed some species when he later sacrificed some the beasts and fowls of the air, which would have negated the whole purpose of gathering them.

Genesis 8:20

And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

The Lamsa Bible reads seven pairs
Seven and seven is fourteen silly. Seven sets of each lead by twos... Thanks

popsthebuilder

Another example of reading what is written.

Matthew 3:11-12

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Which is the preferred baptism?

The water baptism of John?

or

The spiritual baptism that would be instituted later by the one who is greater than John?

Which permanently destroys the chaff in one's life?

Which one is more powerful?
It isn't that one is more powerful than the other. One is a symbol of the other. Baptism in the blood of Christ when achieved under God is a spiritual awakening that literally allows you a real connection with God. Once this connection is attained it is very difficult to sin without it being painfully obvious and shameful.

John the Baptist had the ideology and connection to God through his conscience. He taught an ascetic lifestyle just like Jesus. But Jesus was prophesied and the only sinless from birth that will ever be. He was pure and selfless at all times. John the Baptist knew of his coming through his Crist consciousness under God. Thanks.

oatmeal

It isn't that one is more powerful than the other. One is a symbol of the other. Baptism in the blood of Christ when achieved under God is a spiritual awakening that literally allows you a real connection with God. Once this connection is attained it is very difficult to sin without it being painfully obvious and shameful.

John the Baptist had the ideology and connection to God through his conscience. He taught an ascetic lifestyle just like Jesus. But Jesus was prophesied and the only sinless from birth that will ever be. He was pure and selfless at all times. John the Baptist knew of his coming through his Crist consciousness under God. Thanks.

For you John's water baptism and the baptism instituted by the one who is mightier than John is of equal value?

Then why did Jesus bother with obeying God's word and living a perfect life and dying for our sins on our behalf?

Really?

To suggest that the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is not an improvement over water baptism is to deny everything Jesus did in humble loving obedience to his Father

Danoh

Rightly dividing is to separate one from another. We can see a biblical example of rightly dividing as the Lord will rightly divide the nations at the second coming:

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Just what is it that Paul writes needs to be rightly divided/seperated one from another?

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Answer: the word of truth

And Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

So we do no harm to the passage by looking at it this way (not changing what the verse actually says, as it means what it says, but to demonstrate the meaning to you):

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, separating one from another, the gospel of your salvation!

There's more than one gospel in your Bible. If you don't separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of YOUR salvation" as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV above, from others, you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you in the dispensation of the grace of God. Our good news must be divided out from other good news in the Bible.

There's more to the how to rightly divide, but I hope for now this helps :)

Lol, you hope this helps.

You know we do not see eye to eye on Paul's ministry, precious heir, loved one in the Lord.

I was asking you what it meant to you.

You can teach me when you have something to teach me, lol

Which teaching I have no doubt you are more than capable of; but this supposed two-fold ministry of Paul's you and yours assert, is not one of those.

I love each and every one of you fellow MADists in the Lord, but we are clearly approaching the studying out of this two-fold assertion differently.

And that's ok. We're agreed in the Fundamentals of the Faith, and in the gospel of our salvation for today. We just differ on where we begin it.

Thus your two, to Scripture's one, as to Paul's Acts/Post Acts ministry :)

Our Acts 9 to your almost 28, ha, ha, ha.

Luv ya in the Lord, sis.