ECT II Timothy 2:15 How?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well if we could get them to follow the rules of believing. When it comes to God and the Word don't even think beyond what is written. And when you read don't do any interpretation. Don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

And for them to find the Holy Spirit from within. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. And He is the only guarantee in the whole bible.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

Well if we could get them to follow the rules of believing. When it comes to God and the Word don't even think beyond what is written. And when you read don't do any interpretation. Don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

And for them to find the Holy Spirit from within. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. And He is the only guarantee in the whole bible.

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Indeed we must keep those verses in mind.

Your posts indicate you read and remember many scriptures.

However, we must also keep in mind that we are to read, it seems there are some that seem to forget that if we are to learn scripture, we must read scripture. Some expect that God will guide them in spite of their unwillingness to take the time to read scripture.

oatmeal

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

When was the heaven and the earth created?

In the beginning.

When was the beginning?

In the beginning.

Whether it was one million years ago or five billion years ago, it was created in the beginning.

Who created the heaven and the earth?

God.

Read and believe

oatmeal

Genesis 1:6-8

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

What does God say he did on the second day?

He said, He made, He divided, He called.

What does God say He created on the second day?

God does not use the word create to describe his activities on the second day.

Read and think and believe what is written

oatmeal

Genesis 2:7

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Which is the more correct answer?

When did man become a living soul?

a. after God formed man of the dust of the ground

b. after God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life

"b" is the correct answer.

oatmeal

Isaiah 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

What three things did God do to produce every one that is called by his name?

1. created

2. formed

3. made

What process did God do for God's glory?

He created him.

I Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

How many parts are there to a believer?

Three. you can read what they are.

What part was formed? Genesis 2:7 the body was formed from the dust of the ground.

What part was created? Genesis 1:26 the part that is the image of God. What is the image of God? John 4:24, God is spirit.

The spirit part was created in man.

That leaves the soul that was made. He did not have to create soul for whatever soul is was created on the fifth day.

Genesis 1:20-23

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life [soul], and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature [soul] that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

The soul for man was made from the previously created soul that animals have.

Animals have soul, man is an animal, man has soul.

oatmeal

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is the wages of sin?

a. eternal torment in a fiery place

b. death

What is the gift of God through Jesus Christ our lord?

eternal life

Ephesians 2:8-9

What is the gift spoken of in this passage?

Salvation

Eternal life is a gift, so is salvation.

What does the gift of eternal life save a person from? Death.

Salvation is eternal life

The gift is described in at least two ways, eternal life and salvation.

They accomplish what God had His son pay the price for

Interplanner

Isaiah 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

What three things did God do to produce every one that is called by his name?

1. created

2. formed

3. made

What process did God do for God's glory?

He created him.

I Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

How many parts are there to a believer?

Three. you can read what they are.

What part was formed? Genesis 2:7 the body was formed from the dust of the ground.

What part was created? Genesis 1:26 the part that is the image of God. What is the image of God? John 4:24, God is spirit.

The spirit part was created in man.

That leaves the soul that was made. He did not have to create soul for whatever soul is was created on the fifth day.

Genesis 1:20-23

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life [soul], and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature [soul] that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

The soul for man was made from the previously created soul that animals have.

Animals have soul, man is an animal, man has soul.

There's no record of the Spirit of God breathing life into animals in Genesis.

Danoh

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Nonsense, that is not the Holy Spirit within one quoting Scripture, that is plain old memory management doing its thing. Which, when impacted by one's own notions, results in memory bringing up the wrong passage, for example.

But, continue in your notions, never mind studying this out in the Word.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ stated that water baptism was to replace John's water baptism
Acts 1:4-5

And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

John truly baptized with water. Past tense, John the Baptist was beheaded, he is dead, he is no longer baptizing anyone.

But Jesus speaks of a greater baptism to replace the former and lesser baptism.

Is there reason to believe that the spiritual baptism Jesus Christ spoke of would be a far greater baptism than the one John used?

Any scripture to indicate that?

Was everyone up to speed with that change and replacement?

No, not everyone.

Danoh

Oatmeal, this idea of yours that John's water baptism was replaced with Spirit baptism is not supported by Scripture.

John mentioned three baptism's as to Israel - water, Spirit, and fire...

Matthew 1:

1. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2. And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4. And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5. Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9. And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. But he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12. Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

He baptized with water towards preparing Israel unto their coming Messiah: the Son of God.

Luke 1:

17. And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

The Son then sent the Spirit after His return unto the Father, as Israel entered its last days.

One aspect of the Spirit's having been sent being that the believing remnant of that nation might be endued with power from on High that they might be enabled to endure unto the end of the fire of God's wrath to purge out their rebels.

Re-read Malachi 3 and 4, and Acts 1 thru 3, in light of this - and the latter half of Matthew 10.

And then 2 Peter 3 - it relates some decades later, that said "last days" wrath was put on hold as Paul had also related in his writings.

And remember that 1 Peter 3:20-21 still asserts water baptism to his own all those years later, "as" being what Luke 7: 29-30 had asserted decades earlier it had been - "the answer of a good conscience toward God."

heir

TOL Subscriber
How do you rightly divide the truth?
It is not the truth that must be studied and rightly divided, but the "word of truth". Paul defines it. Ephesians 1:13 KJV

What methods do you use?
1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV
How do you know if you have successfully rightly divided the word of truth, that is from scripture?
I will be in agreement with what saith the scripture to me.

Danoh

It is not the truth that must be studied and rightly divided, but the "word of truth". Paul defines it. Ephesians 1:13 KJV

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV
I will be in agreement with what saith the scripture to me.

Sis, I agree with that. I was wondering though, what your understanding is of the phrase "rightly dividing" - that phrase itself?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sis, I agree with that. I was wondering though, what your understanding is of the phrase "rightly dividing" - that phrase itself?
My answer would be that it is telling ya to stay on the straight path, unaltered, not wavering to the left or right, but going in a straight line.
In this case, it's not about going on a physical path, but the path of keeping the word just as it is --- straight and true, unaltered.

Danoh

My answer would be that it is telling ya to stay on the straight path, unaltered, not wavering to the left or right, but going in a straight line.
In this case, it's not about going on a physical path, but the path of keeping the word just as it is --- straight and true, unaltered.

:up: I suspected we'd agree.

oatmeal

clearly I did not proof read my post.

It should have said that both John the Baptist and Jesus Christ spoke of the spiritual baptism replacing the water baptism of John. thanks for pointing that out