Ignore List Suggestion

journey

I've been reading numerous threads today that include some participants that obviously can't stand each other or otherwise just don't get along. Some are even calling names back and forth. Nobody ever wins in a situation like this, but there is a logical answer:

Use your ignore list and avoid all the conflict. Life is just too short to put up with this kind of aggravation. You would then have more time to devote to more positive things. Do yourself a big favor and use your ignore list.

PyramidHead

Are you kidding me? Why else come to TOL. The fact TOL embraces argument as a whole, even in its more visceral forms, is pretty cool actually

journey

Are you kidding me? Why else come to TOL. The fact TOL embraces argument as a whole, even in its more visceral forms, is pretty cool actually

I'll speak just for myself and say that I don't come to TOL for that. People can debate differences of opinion without name calling.

shagster01

I just use my own will power. If I want to ignore someone, I do. I don't need a list to do it for me. Weak minds might need that, though.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I've been reading numerous threads today that include some participants that obviously can't stand each other or otherwise just don't get along. Some are even calling names back and forth. Nobody ever wins in a situation like this, but there is a logical answer:

Use your ignore list and avoid all the conflict. Life is just too short to put up with this kind of aggravation. You would then have more time to devote to more positive things. Do yourself a big favor and use your ignore list.

I fund the way to ignore trolls besides using ignore feature..:)

PureX

I wish there was a thread ignore feature. I get really tired of having to wade through the same long list of stupid and repetitive thread subjects posted by the same people, month after month. If I could put about four people's threads on permanent ignore I could avoid 90% of the current threads on the list. And maybe something in the remaining 10% would be worth responding to.

zoo22

I just use my own will power. If I want to ignore someone, I do. I don't need a list to do it for me. Weak minds might need that, though.

If you want to ignore someone do it however you want to, and it's great that you don't need no stinkin' lists and that you're so taken with your willpower. There's no need to imply that if someone uses ignore, they have a weak mind.

Different people might use ignore in different ways with different people for any number of different reasons. It's just a tool that some people might use and some might not. It doesn't mean they have a weak mind.

shagster01

If you want to ignore someone do it however you want to, and it's great that you don't need no stinkin' lists and that you're so taken with your willpower. There's no need to imply that if someone uses ignore, they have a weak mind.

Different people might use ignore in different ways with different people for any number of different reasons. It's just a tool that some people might use and some might not. It doesn't mean they have a weak mind.

Anyone who doesn't do everything exactly like me has to be weak minded. There is no other alternative. :duh:

:cigar:

journey

Yes, that is a good thread on the ignore list feature. The ignore list is for smart people who wish to avoid conflict and aggravation. It might also keep you out of trouble if someone is trying to make you angry and lose your cool. If you don't read or respond to their posts, future problems with that individual are avoided. By the way, the ignore list isn't for weak-minded persons, rather for smart persons who wish to have a good time on TOL and avoid trouble.

staind.raindrop

I was thinking something similar. Don't forget, journey, that some people come for just that. I'm not entirely against a form of it myself, despite the impression i've most likely given in my posts. I don't have the energy for it right now, but sparring can be fun if all involved are enjoying themselves.

rainee

There, there, Zoo, of course he is wrong.
Just put that bad man on ignore.