ECT If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus kept the law, but at Calvary it all changed. You will never find the law of Moses taught as necessary after Jesus died.

Peter thought he was, but God showed him otherwise. Peter's own words were that God had showed him that He had purified their hearts through faith. No mention of him teaching them any of the law of Moses. God showed Peter that directly, not through Paul.

And lastly, yes. In the OT keeping the law was salvific. Jesus died to change that. For everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Your screen name ought to be changed to: "Simpleton77."

DAN P

The house of Israel were who was gathered there. He was obviously addressing them, and didn't realize that God had changed things until Acts 10. Jesus told him that there was still a lot he didn't understand because he wasn't spiritually ready yet. He was ready and God was ready in Acts 10. The door God had already opened to the Jews was now opened to all nations. Same door.

Yes, baptism was preached. Paul also had people baptized all through Acts (Corinthians in Acts 18, other disciples in Acts 19, etc). He didn't do the baptizing, but had his co-workers do it.

Paul proved that Jesus was the Christ in Acts 28, using the law to prove it to the Jews.

Hi and in Acts 21:18 we see James and the Elders came near !!

We still see in Acts 21:21 was teaching the Jews to Depart from Moses and not to Circumcise the children nor to walk by the custom OF iSRAEL is what it means !!

You are wrong

dsn p

SimpleMan77

If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

So Jesus was not a good teacher during His FORTY day training?

Do you realize how many years there are between Acts 1 and Acts 10?

So God just let confusion reign for all that time?

Do you realize how many centuries it took for God to get the world ready for Jesus? God used the Romans for centuries to build roads and a setting where the missionaries could travel.

Why did God wait thousands of years for the "fullness of time"? I don't know, but He does.

He told the apostles to start in Jerusalem, go to Judea next, then Samaria, then the rest of the world. Why not "go to all the world now!"?

He doesn't tell us all about the why of His timing.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you realize how many centuries it took for God to get the world ready for Jesus? God used the Romans for centuries to build roads and a setting where the missionaries could travel.
You are a fabulous story teller. I must have missed that scripture that tells me that God used the Romans for centuries to build roads and a setting where the missionaries could travel.

And the world was SO ready for Jesus that they killed Him.

Why did God wait thousands of years for the "fullness of time"? I don't know, but He does.
Are you now claiming that we are in the "fullness of time"?

You're way off.

He told the apostles to start in Jerusalem, go to Judea next, then Samaria, then the rest of the world. Why not "go to all the world now!"?
Because they never got Jerusalem converted and Israel FELL. They could NOT proceed with the rest of their nation and the nations until they succeeded with Jerusalem. The gospel of the kingdom includes Jerusalem as the capital.

He doesn't tell us all about the why of His timing.
In prophecy, God often does give some very detailed timelines. Like this one:

Luke 13:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:6) ¶ He spake also this parable; A certain [man] had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. (13:7) Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? (13:8) And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung [it]: (13:9) And if it bear fruit, [well]: and if not, [then] after that thou shalt cut it down.

Do you understand this one?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Without the righteousness of God upon you by the faith of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) having believed 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the event sufficient for salvation, you are just another religious, but lost soul (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

The cure for heresies like MADism is a simple history lesson :wave2:

SimpleMan77

You are a fabulous story teller. I must have missed that scripture that tells me that God used the Romans for centuries to build roads and a setting where the missionaries could travel.

And the world was SO ready for Jesus that they killed Him.

Are you now claiming that we are in the "fullness of time"?

You're way off.

Because they never got Jerusalem converted and Israel FELL. They could NOT proceed with the rest of their nation and the nations until they succeeded with Jerusalem. The gospel of the kingdom includes Jerusalem as the capital.

In prophecy, God often does give some very detailed timelines. Like this one:

Luke 13:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:6) ¶ He spake also this parable; A certain [man] had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. (13:7) Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? (13:8) And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung [it]: (13:9) And if it bear fruit, [well]: and if not, [then] after that thou shalt cut it down.

Do you understand this one?

The world wasn't ready, God was ready. He sent forth his Son in the "Fullness of Time", According to Paul.

Why did it take him thousands of years to get ready? I don't know, but that is his choice.

Jesus never, ever thought, indicated or planned on all of Jerusalem getting converted. Here's what He said:

John 15:20
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

He rejected them as a nation in the end of Matthew 23, and this was in the 4th year of His ministry. He worked with them for 3 full years, and still did not give up on them after the three years were up. In the fourth year, he rejected them as a nation.

SimpleMan77

Actually that one is not in the Bible, it is in history, and it's really not hard to see if you study history.

If Jesus would have come 200 years earlier, the gospel would've had a much harder time traveling due to lack of infrastructure. By the time of Jesus, a large network of roads had been built, and peace had been established over a large area surrounding Jerusalem.

God doesn't leave his timing up to coincidence-that was planned by him to further the spread of the gospel.

SimpleMan77

Hi and thanks , and this is Fun for me !!

They have no where to go , Except to Paul and are rejecting the Holy Spirit , for the Holy Spirit caused Paul to write about the Revelation of the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

dan p

The Spirit of God actually revealed it to the other apostles and prophets as well.

Ephesians 3:4-6
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Someone had the nerve a few days ago to say that this scripture meant "it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by Paul".

Right Divider

Body part
Actually that one is not in the Bible, it is in history, and it's really not hard to see if you study history.
A tad bit presumptuous to claim that God did it without God saying that He did it.

If Jesus would have come 200 years earlier, the gospel would've had a much harder time traveling due to lack of infrastructure. By the time of Jesus, a large network of roads had been built, and peace had been established over a large area surrounding Jerusalem.
Yes, it's very easy to use your presumptions to view history.

God doesn't leave his timing up to coincidence-that was planned by him to further the spread of the gospel.
Which gospel?

SimpleMan77

A tad bit presumptuous to claim that God did it without God saying that He did it.

Yes, it's very easy to use your presumptions to view history.

Which gospel?

Like I said, you can believe that something as beneficial to Paul's travels as the Roman empire was as simply a result of chance, but I see the fingerprints of God in it.

Second quotation: this part is simply facts of history. It would have been much harder for Paul and the other apostles and missionaries to travel without the peace and infrastructure of the Roman Empire.

Which Gospel: The gospel that Jesus instructed his disciples to take to all the world, knowing full well at the time he gave them that great commission that the majority of the Jews had already rejected him, and would never except his representatives.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Things that are different are NOT the same!

Matthew 19:16-17 KJV vs. Romans 3:21-22 KJV

Acts 10:35 KJV vs. Titus 3:5 KJV

Hebrews 3:14 KJV vs Ephesians 3:6 KJV

James 2:20 KJV vs Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
Yep.
And that's just for starters!

Here's another:

Acts 3:21 KJV
(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.​

is NOT the same as this ....

Romans 16:25 KJV
(25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,​

Right Divider

Body part
The world wasn't ready, God was ready. He sent forth his Son in the "Fullness of Time", According to Paul.
Please quote the scripture that you're claiming to quote.

The only time that Paul writes about "the fullness of times", it's in the future and NOT at that time.

Why did it take him thousands of years to get ready? I don't know, but that is his choice.
Yes, and in the dispensation of the grace of God it's His prerogative to save sinner completely independently of Israel.

Jesus never, ever thought, indicated or planned on all of Jerusalem getting converted. Here's what He said:

John 15:20
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
That was to be temporary.

He rejected them as a nation in the end of Matthew 23, and this was in the 4th year of His ministry.
Absolutely not.

Luke 23:34 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:34) ¶ Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus was not done with them yet.

He worked with them for 3 full years, and still did not give up on them after the three years were up. In the fourth year, he rejected them as a nation.
Your timeline for His ministry is a bit out of whack.

Jesus didn't even send them OUT to START at Jerusalem until after His resurrection.

Right Divider

Body part
Like I said, you can believe that something as beneficial to Paul's travels as the Roman empire was as simply a result of chance, but I see the fingerprints of God in it.

Second quotation: this part is simply facts of history. It would have been much harder for Paul and the other apostles and missionaries to travel without the peace and infrastructure of the Roman Empire.

Which Gospel: The gospel that Jesus instructed his disciples to take to all the world, knowing full well at the time he gave them that great commission that the majority of the Jews had already rejected him, and would never except his representatives.
Why didn't God wait until the 20th century? We have much better roads and airplanes and TV, etc.

Once again, you're reading tons of your own opinions into history and speaking presumptuously about Gods doings.

SimpleMan77

Please quote the scripture that you're claiming to quote.

The only time that Paul writes about "the fullness of times", it's in the future and NOT at that time.

Galatians 4:4
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman...

God obviously has different ordained times for different things, but my point was that God waited for thousands of years for the moment Paul calls the "fullness of time" (fullness as it relates to God's plan to send Christ).

The original question was "why did God wait the years between Acts 1 and Acts 10 to reach the Gentiles?"

I answered with a statement and a question: "we don't know why-why did God wait thousands of years to send Jesus?"

One day he may tell us all about his timeline, and why he did the things he did at the precise moment that he did them.

SimpleMan77

Why didn't God wait until the 20th century? We have much better roads and airplanes and TV, etc.

Once again, you're reading tons of your own opinions into history and speaking presumptuously about Gods doings.

Nope. I simply made the observation that it would have been harder for the gospel to spread if Jesus would have came 200 years earlier. That is simple, historical fact.

I added my opinion that God came at a precise moment deliberately. I don't think that God came when he did by accident

SimpleMan77

That was to be temporary.

So you think he was just warning them to stay out of the light when the Jews arrested him so that they would not get arrested also???

He also said "in the world you will have tribulation".

This gets crazier and crazier