ECT If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

whitestone

On an individual basis, Paul said when they turn to the Lord the bail is removed from their eyes, and they see the glory of God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

lol, the devil always ask questions,he says "If thou art whom thy say?... or "Is it not so that ye might?..." ,but he never knows his own sentence... Which Church father did I quote?

SimpleMan77

If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

You were not challenged to prove Paul said it. I was asking which one your where talking about about. And NO it was NOT "stated unequivocally that Paul had never used that term". That's just you making things up to inflate your ego.

That one is actually in the KJV as "the fullness of the time". I thought that you might be referring to Eph 1:10 ("the fullness of times"). I was just making sure that I knew what you were talking about.

You won't see an apology, since there is nothing apologize for. You're just confused again.

Here are your words verbatim: "Please quote the scripture that you're claiming to quote.

The only time that Paul writes about "the fullness of times", it's in the future and NOT at that time."

I was wrong and that I very slightly miss quoted what you sad, but the substance was the same. You said that Paul did not say what I said he had said in that context, and I quoted it

Interplanner

Here are your words verbatim: "Please quote the scripture that you're claiming to quote.

The only time that Paul writes about "the fullness of times", it's in the future and NOT at that time."

I was wrong and that I very slightly miss quoted what you sad, but the substance was the same. You said that Paul did not say what I said he had said in that context, and I quoted it

He uses 'fullness of time' about the present in other places. Gal 4:4

Also, as soon as you do that with eph 1, you have to deal with 1:21's NOT ONLY in the present age, but ALSO

God "placing" Christ in a certain status is not always an event on earth or seen in earth history; however, the resurrection was the coronation of Christ that the OT was looking toward.

SimpleMan77

He uses 'fullness of time' about the present in other places. Gal 4:4.

That's the scripture we have been discussing the whole time.

I used it to say that God sent Jesus in His perfect time, and somehow that became controversial. I have no idea how.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You guys have all your distinctions (BOC) as though the thing was written at the Cleveland office of the IRS to be legally exact. It's not that way at all.
Did anyone else refer to the church as the Body of Christ? Did anyone else say they were writing to the Body of Christ? Did Paul ever state he was writing to the 12 tribes, or was that what the other writers stated?

If we're all the same why am I able to ask these questions in this manner?

Paul addressed the sin of a saint in 1 Cor 5. A couple of points to be made by this story:

1) this previously saved saint was not saved at this point. Paul instructed them to turn him over to Satan for the destruction of his body, so his soul COULD BE SAVED.

2) Paul said that this person NEEDED TO REPENT, by having true godly sorrow. God was ready to forgive, but at the time the letter was written God was holding this son against the person.
As I said in another thread you are assuming this person was previously saved.

@Danoh @Lighthouse

1 John 1:9 - 2:2
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Written to People who were already Christians, and even if there was a new dispensation after the mid point of Acts, this was written after that. It's relevant to us.

If we confess our sins (to God, it never says to another person), He is faithful and just to forgive.
Danoh is correct, the two chapters are not addressed to the same group.:nono:

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
-1 John 1:1-3

"That which we have seen and heard we declare to you..."

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
-1 John 2:1

"My little children, these things I write to you..."

But the question needs asking; have you been cleansed from all unrighteousness? And if you have how could you ever be unrighteous again and need to be cleansed again?

God does not justify anyone who does not think he needs it.
I needed it; and it is done. Why would I pester Him by asking for what He has already given me?

I noticed he used no Scripture to support his position that this was about the same man.

Right Divider

Body part

Next time QUOTE the scripture that you are talking about in the FIRST place. Then I won't need to be a psychic clairvoyant to figure out what you're talking about with your hybrid misquotes.

SimpleMan77

I noticed he used no Scripture to support his position that this was about the same man.

Why does it bother me when people claim to be knowledgeable on biblical topics, then make outlandish claims, implying that things that are so easy to see aren't in the Bible?

Obviously they're trying to fool themselves or someone who may not take the time to read what's being discussed.

You want biblical verse - here you are:

1 Corinthians 5:1
It is reported commonly that there is fornication AMONG YOU, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

Verse 5
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, THAT THE SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Verses 11-13
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge THEM THAT ARE WITHIN? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Next epistle, referencing the above situation, which was the only situation he dealt with in that manner:

2 Corinthians 2:4-11
For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.
But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all. Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

So here he exhorts them to forgive the man, and says that he, Paul, forgives him also "in the person of Christ".

The punishment was so "a person within" could be saved. Forgiveness was given once repentance happened. That is spelled out in third grade English.

dodge

Nope; it does not :thumb:

1 John applies to the BOC ! How could you not understand that ?

1Jo 1:1

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jo 1:2
(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1Jo 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jo 1:4
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
1Jo 1:5

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

dodge

Paul's writings are not for you - :chuckle:

PJ, you do know what you posted above contradicts scripture right ?

2Ti 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

dodge

Nope; it does not :thumb:

And on another note this post contradicts scripture:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

DAN P

PJ, you do know what you posted above contradicts scripture right ?

Hi and not to put words in PJ mouth you are not believeing what Paul is saying in Rom 16:25 and 26 , just for starters !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and not to put words in PJ mouth you are not believeing what Paul is saying in Rom 16:25 and 26 , just for starters !!

dan p

UN-like Madist I believe ALL scripture. Not just the parts I agree with or like.

DAN P

UN-like Madist I believe ALL scripture. Not just the parts I agree with or like.

Hi and you do not believe Rom 16:25 and 26 which is to OBEYED by all ??

So , what then does Rom 16:26 then mean ??

We as dispensarionalist believe all the bible , so what verse am I missing ??

dan p

dodge

dan p

John 3:16 Among many others. Every place taught the Gospel and GRACE for some strange reason Madist cannot or will not understand.

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

It is NOT Paul's Gospel it is Jesus' Gospel.

Scripture says:

God's Gospel

Gospel of Jesus

Gospel of Jesus Christ

Gospel of truth

Ever lasting Gospel

The Gospel

Rom 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Of course Paul is talking to folks that have never heard the Gospel so of course he says he is making known something they had never heard before.

Paul said the other Apostles were in Christ before him , which proves to any one wanting to honestly study scripture that MAD is false.

DAN P

John 3:16 Among many others. Every place taught the Gospel and GRACE for some strange reason Madist cannot or will not understand.

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

It is NOT Paul's Gospel it is Jesus' Gospel.

Scripture says:

God's Gospel

Gospel of Jesus

Gospel of Jesus Christ

Gospel of truth

Ever lasting Gospel

The Gospel

Rom 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Of course Paul is talking to folks that have never heard the Gospel so of course he says he is making known something they had never heard before.

Paul said the other Apostles were in Christ before him , which proves to any one wanting to honestly study scripture that MAD is false.

Hi and where is there a Greek word for IMMERSION !!

dan p

SimpleMan77

dan p

I honestly don't get how this supports MADism in any way.

Romans 16:25-26
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Is it because Paul says "my Gospel"? Synonymous with "my preaching". Paul was preaching to the Romans, so he was more than justified in saying "my gospel". If Peter would have written the book, he could have just as easily said "my Gospel".

The only kind of obedience God respects now is obedience produced by faith- the "obedience of faith". Paul calls it in another place "faith which worketh by love".

dodge

Hi and where is there a Greek word for IMMERSION !!

dan p

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 907 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
baptizo from a derivative of (911)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Baptizo 1:529,92
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
bap-tid'-zo
Definition
to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk)
to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one's self, bathe
to overwhelm
Not to be confused with 911, bapto. The clearest example that showsthe meaning of baptizo is a text from the Greek poet and physicianNicander, who lived about 200 B.C. It is a recipe for making picklesand is helpful because it uses both words. Nicander says that inorder to make a pickle, the vegetable should first be 'dipped'(bapto) into boiling water and then 'baptised' (baptizo) in thevinegar solution. Both verbs concern the immersing of vegetables in asolution. But the first is temporary. The second, the act ofbaptising the vegetable, produces a permanent change. When used in the New Testament, this word more often refers to ourunion and identification with Christ than to our water baptism. e.g.Mark 16:16. 'He that believes and is baptised shall be saved'.Christ is saying that mere intellectual assent is not enough. Theremust be a union with him, a real change, like the vegetable to thepickle! Bible Study Magazine, James Montgomery Boice, May 1989.
NAS Word Usage - Total: 76

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexic...s/baptizo.html

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul's point here is that now we are:

1)now reconciled to Christ
2)no longer aliens from the commonwealth of Israel
3)no longer strangers from the covenants of promise
4)now having hope
5)now reconciled to God.

That actually disproves MAD doctrine, but if you need more, keep reading. It says there is now one creation in Jesus.

Interestingly, he only contrasts the Old Testament covenant with "now". No three-step process, as in 1)Old Testament, 2)Jewish new covenant, 3)then Grace Gospel.

It was always only old and new, "then" and "now".

:chuckle:

"Paul's point" is that Gentiles like the Ephesians who were in time past having no hope because they were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, now ("but now") had hope ("made nigh by the blood of Christ") because God had a mystery which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men/was unsearchable/was hid in God! You can read about it in Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV. That mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) has nothing to do with Israel! As by the time these Ephesians knew they could be saved, Israel was Loammi; not God's people (Hosea 1:9 KJV)!

Last edited: