I will not vote for trump

musterion

If Jeb ran, you'd be blaming everyone who didn't trust Jeb for Clinton because he would have been completely crushed.

Accept reality or don't. Just shut up already.

dodge

the good news
-is-
this is a complete rejection of obama
-
the bad news
-is-
you are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire
-
always wanted to say that
-
you can fool all the people some of the time
-
always wanted to say that as well

Quit being a sore loser.
I would think as a Roman Catholic you would be happy he ( Trump ) is against abortion.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I was so sure hillary would win -
I toyed with the idea of using her as my avatar
-so-
back to chrysostom -
back to the primary reason for my being here
-
I am looking forward to the next supreme court fight
-
I just now considered comey as my avatar
-
need to take a break from politics

Right Divider

Body part
I was so sure hillary would win -
I toyed with the idea of using her as my avatar
-so-
back to chrysostom -
back to the primary reason for my being here
-
I am looking forward to the next supreme court fight
-
I just now considered comey as my avatar
-
need to take a break from politics
... and false religion ...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the good news
-is-
The last polling (ending Nov 6) on the President puts his favorable at 53%.

This wasn't about him. It was about Clinton's inability to draw a robust turnout from her base and a great many people being fed up with the insider crowed. The Republican party hasn't cracked 40% favorable ratings from that same electorate. Just enough people wanted to shake things up. Simple as that...now we'll see what that gets us.

Learn the right lesson here, not the Right lesson. :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the good news
-is-
-
Jeb is a continuation of Obama. As are all the re-publican establishment candidates. Want to know who isn't the establishment candidates? Look at how the left talks about them. Or should I say look at who you are opposed to.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The last polling (ending Nov 6) on the President puts his favorable at 53%.

This wasn't about him. It was about Clinton's inability to draw a robust turnout from her base and a great many people being fed up with the insider crowed. The Republican party hasn't cracked 40% favorable ratings from that same electorate. Just enough people wanted to shake things up. Simple as that...now we'll see what that gets us.

Learn the right lesson here, not the Right lesson. :plain:

good thing we have you to teach us the "right lesson" :darwinsm:

:mock: fivethirtyeight

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What happened to it doesnt matter who it is, so long as hes republican?

Trump judges are to the right of the GOPs recent picks like Roberts. chrysostom is opposed to judges that rule in a way other than "and then you can kill the baby". And Trump isn't even pro-life.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
1.3% separation between the candidates.

Pennsylvania
1%
8.6%
Why Iowa? He won that one by double digits. Looks like he wins Michigan by .3%

He carried North Carolina by around 3%.
and Wisconsin indicate it was.
1% there.

Or, no, they don't. We had a lot of very close voting and it appears that Hillary will follow Gore as a candidate who won the public vote and lost the College. This was about a few things, I suspect. Trump owned white people without a college education, while Hillary's educated women failed to show up in the numbers they'd generated for Obama. And there were the disenfranchised and hostile Bernie supporters. And there's the change movement vs established, beltway political machinery. A confluence of elements that threw a monkey wrench into politics as usual.

Mostly I think Trump galvanized the traditional base and Hillary failed to match that intensity.

But you keep on defending the empty suit.
Most Americans thought he lacked the temperament to be president. Some of them voted for him anyway.

You'll miss him, we know.
Whatever your current job, don't take up mind reading. :nono:

In the meantime, now it gets interesting. Sort of a version of what Obama had going in. Let's see what he does with it and if the Republicans can handle it better than the Democrats did...which isn't a high bar, but still.