I CHOOSE to be here of my own Free Will

Anto9us

I'll make sure I SEND You a PM - I Drank What - and if ya don't re-post it out in a forum -

YER YELLUH !!

YEL-LLUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

lol

----

Puppet -- see - I FELT MY HEART STRANGELY WARMED

and apparently - now - I might be "of the regenerate"

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I'll make sure I SEND You a PM - I Drank What - and if ya don't re-post it out in a forum -

YER YELLUH !!

lol

----

Looks like you're just warming up on TOL

Anto9us

Yeah -- just warmin' up here, Puppet.

I been razzin some atheists on another board; a board mainly political in nature.

Told 'em I was serving soup to the homeless at the Atheist-sponsored Soup Kitchen, spilled some soup on my chest -- and had a satori-like flash and suddenly realized atheism is true!! Eureka !!

(They din bleeve me -- here I had gone to their side -- and they din think I was searce!! lol)

I will be outta this Newbie stage pretty soon - of course, I am busy with other things, like volunteer work at the atheism-sponsored hospital for the indigent -- the Muslim Food Bank and home for unwed mothers -- and such.

Christians - and Catholic probably leading the pack in the charity area -- do so much good --

yet all we hear is "Christianity has done nothing but cause wars for 2000 years"

so it goes

Anto9us

well, we should just FIRE AWAY !!

And be glad it would be RARE to see all of that within the same individual...

possible...

but RARE.

Anto9us

mmmm...

that THE POPE is Top Dog on earth of the Church?

I dunno why you are pressing on this, but I will try to answer...

Way before Protestants and Arminians came into being -- this deal of

"Bishop of Rome is superior to other Bishops in other areas" was not agreed on

by the ancient church as a whole -

else warn't have been no split 'twixt RCC and Ortho - right?

but there was such a split -- there WAS such a "non-concensus" of the Bishop of Rome being Top Dog on earth...

so Arminians -- just like most other Protestants -- and just like Greek Orthodox -- don't buy into this "Peter-worship"

and see a "bedrock of faith" rather than an individual human as a 'rock' -- as to what it was rather than FLESH AND BLOOD that revealed to Peter "Who do ye say that I am?"

so I don't see why you are SEEKING To find something to disagree about between Catholics and Arminians - it is probably not to be found in THEOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES of free will and predestination -- but simply the same differences that divided the ancient church into Roman Catholic and Orthodox --

that Bishop of Rome/Peter carries an inordinate amount of weight

Anto9us

In many ways, things were simpler in my Air Force days

there was ONE BUILDING on Base - THE CHAPEL - and Prots went in at one hour and the Catholics at another hour

as to which Chapel service to go to - I usually went to Protestant service - but in the final analysis - it came down to WHO HAD THE BEST CHOIR

at Homestead, Florida, the Catholics had the better choir -- and I was accepted in that choir, accepted by the Catholic brothers and sisters

there are fond memories of going to a donut shop/pancake house following the service -- and sitting there singing at the top of our lungs while getting omelettes (not all the songs were religious songs - some were)

there were some civilian townspeople who came sunday after sunday just to hear us -- it was a blast

and then at Del Rio Texas, to be "ecumenical" meant to be in the joint effort of going through the pews after Prot service right before Catholic service and removing CHICK TRACTS placed in the hymnal-holders by some of the more aggressive Protestants

CHICK TRACTS aimed at Catholics are some of the most tactless things you can imagine

we turned the Chick tracts over to Chaplain Father Cordoza -- he showed me an ENTIRE DRAWERFUL of them in his office one time -- his face was very grave; I struggled not to giggle about it -- he was Captain and I a 1st Lieutenant at the time

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
as to which Chapel service to go to - I usually went to Protestant service - but in the final analysis - it came down to WHO HAD THE BEST CHOIR

we really need work in this area

music is important
my biggest complaint about music
are the songs we have never heard
and
they wonder why we don't sing along
some of our best music was in latin

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
we really need work in this area

music is important
my biggest complaint about music
are the songs we have never heard
and
they wonder why we don't sing along
some of our best music was in latin

I did enjoy not having to sing in the Greek orthodox church. Its a burden to follow along when I don't sing. I communicate to my puppeteer through vibrational links rather than sounds.

I drank what?

YER YELLUH !!

lol

----

I command you to post in my threads!

there now everyone can see it

I drank what?

I hope I will not turn out to be a "one trick pony" myself,

I am curious why you called yourself that

I have other interests besides Arminianism -- one is the Orthodox Church -- and ecumenical efforts among valid Christian churches (even Calvinists)

I am a one trick pony

Jesus: Simplicity

unfortunately my schtick is always being negated by a bunch of idiots, morons, buffoons, imbeciles, morans, geeks, maroons, and the like...

why they always gotta complicate stuff...?!!?

I drank what?

let's talk about what catholics and arminians don't agree about

image.jpg

Anto9us

yes, IDW -- you did command me that -- I remember...

I will have to remember it sometime... I will PM you about it...

I look on your works and TREMBLE !!! lol

Chrysostom - yes! In Latin!! Palestrina and Josquin De Pres -- before Arminius even lived - was written the best music you can ever sing!

Puppet -- I am sorry you didn't sing in Ortho church

My son is joining Ortho church

his gf of 5 years is Greek Orthodox

I think I am "under-informed" about

the "Big O's "

-- and have just spent 66 bucks on Amazon for an ORTHODOX STUDY BIBLE and a book by Timothy Ware which is a revision of a text I had in kollij about the O's

Pentecostals seem to be fair game

so should be CESSATIONISTS

which is one syllable more than needed -- other people of the

"passed away or never comin' " persuasion

just call themselves CESSIONISTS

I remember G W Bush was fond of coining words that had extra syllables in them

Anto9us

I am a Tenor.

Decades ago - people wanted me, Pavarotti, Carreras, and Placido Domingo to collaborate on a project called

THE FOUR TENORS.

The night of the first rehearsal - I had a previous engagement - and

THEM SUNNUVAGUNS WENT ON WITHOUT ME !!

Called it "THE THREE TENORS" - perhaps you saw it on TV.