I will cut you some slack "

Bah.

I don't want - and don't need -- your 'slack'

and I will admit NO SUCH THING.

----

"But yes Augustine made the same mistake that Calvin made."

Thank you, Totton.

-----

"Double Predestination" is not a term shrouded in mystery -- it merely means the idea that God predetermined some humans for hell and some for heaven -- without regard for their own human will.

If someone does not want to search the Internet - they can go to a used book store and buy a used copy of CITY OF GOD for 4 bucks - and see for themselves that - yes - Augustine proposed Double Predestination - one would be DAFT to deny that.

Really, that Augustine proposed Double Predestination is NOT EVEN UP FOR DEBATE.

Augustine PROPOSED IT - cALVIN PROPOSED IT.

KNOW IT --

SEE IT --

LIVE IT.

Now - "predestination" as a concept is discussed in the New Testament.

PREDESTINATION IS IN THE BIBLE -- unequivocably.

The issue is "how to interpret it".

Arminius proposed 2 different areas -- COLLECTIVELY and INDIVIDUALLY.

Collectively - "Believers" as a CLASS OF HUMANS are predestined for salvation.

Individually - humans have FREE WILL -- but God - thru His FOREKNOWLEDGE - can see not only

WHO WILL CHOOSE CHRIST -- BUT EVEN WHO WILL

persist in this belief 'til the end of their life

That is the Arminian belief as far as I know it from the words of Arminus himself

sur e- I summarize, and can always be accused of "misrepresenting Arminius" even though I consider myself Arminian.

I stand accused of "misrepresenting Augustine" -- but I spit on that notion -- he clearly taught DOUBLE PREDESTINATION and I am Kim Kardashian if he did not.

I will stand accused of "misrepresenting Calvinsim" -- but will press ahead nonetheless.

Calvin ISM - as taught by the "Beza Bums" who followed Calvin himself --

Calvin ISM got all off into what they called "decrees" of God

and were real hung up about which 'decree' came before which other 'decree'

in God's PLAN to create humankind

The idea is like God -- before creating anything -- got out a blank sheet of paper and wrote down certain 'decrees' in a certain order

(Beza-Bums themselves ARGUED about which 'decree' could beat up another 'decree' -- therefore we have all the sheer nonsense about SUPRALAPSARIANISM --

vs. infralapsarianism

and what-not.

Last edited:

Anto9us

The significant thing about JACOB ARMINIUS (the Latinized name for "James Harmens)

was that -- as a former Calvinist

Arminus UNDERSTOOD all this mumbo-jumbo about the mythical

'decrees'

and he BEAT the Calvin ISM of Beza at it's own game!

Anto9us

"just admit that it was wrong for you to attribute the phrase
double predestination
to augustine
and

Bah.

----

Thank you, Totton.

-----

"Double Predestination" is not a term shrouded in mystery -- it merely means the idea that God predetermined some humans for hell and some for heaven -- without regard for their own human will.

If someone does not want to search the Internet - they can go to a used book store and buy a used copy of CITY OF GOD for 4 bucks - and see for themselves that - yes - Augustine proposed Double Predestination - one would be DAFT to deny that.

Really, that Augustine proposed Double Predestination is NOT EVEN UP FOR DEBATE.

KNOW IT --

SEE IT --

LIVE IT.

Individually - humans have FREE WILL -- but God - thru His FOREKNOWLEDGE - can see not only

That is the Arminian belief as far as I know it from the words of Arminus himself

sur e- I summarize, and can always be accused of "misrepresenting Arminius" even though I consider myself Arminian.

I stand accused of "misrepresenting Augustine" -- but I spit on that notion -- he clearly taught DOUBLE PREDESTINATION and I am Kim Kardashian if he did not.

I will stand accused of "misrepresenting Calvinsim" -- but will press ahead nonetheless.

The idea is like God -- before creating anything -- got out a blank sheet of paper and wrote down certain 'decrees' in a certain order

(Beza-Bums themselves ARGUED about which 'decree' could beat up another 'decree' -- therefore we have all the sheer nonsense about SUPRALAPSARIANISM --

vs infralapsarianism

and what-not.

Anto9us

I am sorry people -- I am just having

TOO MANY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES on this site to keep going

I type big posts and I LOSE THEM -- they go off into nowhere after paragraphs and paragraphs that I type

I cant handle it

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

I type big posts and I LOSE THEM -- they go off into nowhere after paragraphs and paragraphs that I type

I cant handle it

Most unrengerates here talk too much. You're typing too fast as well as talk too much. Try some patience and figure your puter out and match up to its limitations. Try writing on a text app and then copy and paste here. Too many articles of the false remonstrants will cause you to go blind with false prevenience grace that were invented by men.

Last edited:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
"just admit that it was wrong for you to attribute the phrase
double predestination
to augustine
and

Bah.

----

Thank you, Totton.

-----

KNOW IT --

SEE IT --

LIVE IT.

vs infralapsarianism

and what-not.

Without God, humans wouldn't be in or have plans to go to hell. Jacob Arminius is a complete idiot

Last edited:
I am Anto9us - Singer of Songs.

I am Arminian.
I chose to be here after God first chose me. Without God's grace, I wouldn't be here, literally. I don't sing songs but appreciate all types of music.

I am a Christian Conservative Calvinist. Of lesser importance, I am an American of mixed Irish-Scottish-English descent, politically moderate leaning slightly to the right.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I cant handle it

this may help

calvin is the enemy
if
you are arminian
and
definitely not augustine

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You should add Thomas Aquinas to your enemies list too. Question Chrys: Do you know how to write in sentence form? Just wondering.

I like his style. Its creative. I would like to give answers in three words but I haven't found that possible. Tol'ers fuss about the wrong things while the right things never get mentioned. I would probably never ask him to "carry on". He's cool. The "carry on"s are the ignorants and trolls.

Anto9us

I will proceed with "typing something up to post" in a Notepad file -- then get on a thread to reply and quickly paste in what I have

previously written.

(The question though -- is WHY I have to resort to that -- when I post on a handful of message boards WITHOUT Having to do such gyrations.)

The technical issues I am encountering here are of this nature: when I go in to REPLY to a thread - I am in the middle of my post -- and the

whole screen just all of a sudden "whites out" and I lose what I have typed.

Let us apply deduction to what may be involved.

1. The problem is just "between my ears". I am "doing something stupid". As one said "I am 'typing too fast' (and how would THAT cause the

WHITE SCREEN that I describe?) I don't know how to use a computer. I am an idiot.

2. The problem is my own computer - a Hewlett-Packard HP 19.

3. The problem is my InterNet Service Provider.

4. The problem is my keyboard.

5. The problem is something on TOL's site.

IF it wasn't for the fact that NUMBERS 1-4

NEVER SEEM TO HAPPEN on other message boards;

then I wouldn't be so inclined to focus on #5 as a logical explanation.

So I will paste this in -- and I'm sure people might say "oh - you should clear your cookies -- you should use Mozilla Firefox instead of

InterNet Explorer !"

But the issue remains -- everything works fine on other message boards.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I will proceed with "typing something up to post" in a Notepad file -- then get on a thread to reply and quickly paste in what I have

previously written.

(The question though -- is WHY I have to resort to that -- when I post on a handful of message boards WITHOUT Having to do such gyrations.)

The technical issues I am encountering here are of this nature: when I go in to REPLY to a thread - I am in the middle of my post -- and the

1. The problem is just "between my ears". I am "doing something stupid". As one said "I am 'typing too fast' (and how would THAT cause the

WHITE SCREEN that I describe?) I don't know how to use a computer. I am an idiot.

So I will paste this in -- and I'm sure people might say "oh - you should clear your cookies -- you should use Mozilla Firefox instead of

InterNet Explorer !"

well augustine is not one of your problems

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

previously written.

InterNet Explorer !"

Perhaps your freewill is not as good as you thought it was....you willed alright, but it is in the performance of our will...DOING our will, this is the area in which our will is not free as you say but bound.

Anto9us

That is true, Chrys --

Augustine is not one of my problems

I will do a notepad file about Molinas

and Arminus "kissing the Pope's slipper" later on

and paste it in

there are elements of this board that I like