let's bury augustine
and
move on to free will
and
bury calvin

isn't that why you are here?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
regarding losing posts the problem is this the time you take typing [for some reason] is not taken account of and so after a certain no of minutes TOL [sensing you are no longer active] will log you off...your post is committed to cyberspace.

I believe the no of minutes before this happens can be increased...enquire on the "Ask Knight" thread. But meanwhile try to compact your thoughts into shorter more readable posts.

And then [here is what I do] I submit my post a few paragraphs at a time...that is piecemeal, before the log off comes into play.

Hope this helps :)....by God's grace it will.

Anto9us

that is why I'm here, Chrysostom

Thank you Totton - I will post in snippets - because of TOL's idiosynchrosies

and when was Saul of Tarsus ever "alive without the Law once"
thot he was a Pharisee from the get-go
and brought up "at the feet of Gamaliel"

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
that is why I'm here, Chrysostom

Thank you Totton - I will post in snippets - because of TOL's idiosynchrosies

and when was Saul of Tarsus ever "alive without the Law once"
thot he was a Pharisee from the get-go
and brought up "at the feet of Gamaliel"

It has always been plain to me that Ro.7. puts forward life under the law and chapter 8 . life in the Spirit.

Paul's last sentence in 7 sums up the chapter. "So then I of myself serve the law of God with my mind but with my flesh I serve the law of sin."

Surely not as Apostle does he serve the law of sin with his flesh.

By the way there is nothing wrong with your formatting.

Anto9us

At one board there was a "debate a Calvinist" sub-forum. I was amused by it. There was a thread where a Catholic brother was being told that he was "an Arminian" because he believed in Free Will. The Catholic brother insisted he was NOT Arminian - never heard of Arminius - but the Calvinists insisted he was indeed an Arminian.

The Calvinists launched out at Arminius himself with accusations that

1. Arminius got his ideas of free will from Molinas - that in fact Arminius had "gone to Rome and SAT AT THE FEET OF MOLINUS" and copied his thoughts.

2. It was also said of Arminius that while in Rome - he "kissed the Pope's slipper' guffaw

Unfortunately, among Protestants who disagree, when actual facts are absent -- an all-too-common way to proceed with an argument is to say that the Protestant theologian one disagrees with WAS INFLUENCED BY A CATHOLIC -- That'll smear him!!

That'll do it!! Make it a JESUIT and that is even MORE evil!!

The most reliable source I have read of Arminius' trip to Rome was that he only saw the Pope from a distance - in a procession. He went with a
buddy - a fellow seminary student - to tour the Vatican and Rome.

Oh, the fact that Arminius had a copy of Molinas' book in his private library was supposed to be the PROOF that Arminius "got all his stuff" from Molinas.

The simple truth is - a professional theologian wanted volumes from other theologians which related to subjects he was interested in.

Anto9us

1. Anto9us

2. To get past my "7 days" and hopefully be able to PM people with things I don't want to put on open forum.

3. Blue.

Anto9us

Hopefully I can PM you about that after my 7 days are up, Chrysostom

I already was going to PM you - (but couldn't) saying you were astute to realize "why I am here"

To expound on it -- I stumbled on this board after it was mentioned on another board I go to.

As I perused it -- I noticed that some people seemed free to criticize Calvinism pretty blatantly here - and apparently without fear of reprisal

(I have been banned at places by Calvinist Admins for things that (IMO) I should not have been banned for.)

So it was refreshing and amusing to see

Anto9us

to see other "non-fans" of Calvinism - such as myself - posting forthrightly and apparently without regards for reprisals for it

Anto9us

I hope I will not turn out to be a "one trick pony" myself,

I am curious why you called yourself that

I have other interests besides Arminianism -- one is the Orthodox Church -- and ecumenical efforts among valid Christian churches (even Calvinists)

Anto9us

Privacy is important to me

I do not think it wise to put real names and addresses on a public forum

have had stuff of mine hacked - email hacked -- by someone who clearly wanted to get into bank account info -- had to cancel visa card, etc

Anto9us

I really was not that comfortable on THIS site "having to select a political designation" -- it seemed that one could not NOT pick one

Wanting privacy does not mean "having something to hide" (IMO)

I noticed a thread elsewhere here wherein a glitch was being discussed
that erroneously allowed people's PM's to be seen by others

Anto9us

so I am apparently NOT THE ONLY ONE

who feels that a PRIVATE message is a legitimate part of "message-board life"

Anto9us

But anyway -- I am ready to move beyond "Newbie".

Not too bad a welcome though.

I was bout called an UNREGENERATE by someone who CAN'T EVEN SPELL IT !!!

-------
"Most unrengerates here talk too much." - Puppet
-------

Bawhahahaha !!!!

And, Chrystostom, we merely disagreed on what Augustine said or meant or what I thought you said he meant - whatever.

I notice that "May 2015" is my start date

I will eventually get my 7 days.

Last edited:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
But anyway -- I am ready to move beyond "Newbie".

Not too bad a welcome though.

I was bout called an UNREGENERATE by someone who CAN'T EVEN SPELL IT !!!

-------
"Most unrengerates here talk too much." - Puppet
-------

Bawhahahaha !!!!

And, Chrystostom, we merely disagreed on what Augustine said or meant or what I thought you said h meant - whatever.

I notice that "May 2015" is my start date

I will eventually get my 7 days.

Wow, whippie do. Unregenerate during your last post but may have had your heart opened while I'm writing this. We'll see on your next post.
As excited as you are, Knight ought to give you a free subscription !!!