Hurricane Harvey Thread

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
At the very beginning of this storm, before it ever really started, the left was already saying that this would be a "test" for Trump, his first natural disaster. It's a hurricane, people are in danger, you leftist losers, and they had to make it about Trump somehow.

Interplanner

PJ,
It's because in their world a president is a god over a centralized government. That's why they want the position.

What difference did Obama make about any disaster that wasn't already covered by various agencies already at work?

Truster

Whenever I spot devastation in this degree...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ic-flooding-hits-houston-1000-people-rescued/

I always type the name of the city followed by the word Pride into Google and guess what...https://pridehouston.org/event/2017-houston-pride-festival-pres-by-bud-light/

"Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith Yah Veh".

"Yah Veh is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: Yah Veh hath his way in the hurricane and in the whirling, and the clouds are the dust of his feet".​

Truster

You're just making this up as you go along. I didn't read anywhere that people refused to leave because they couldn't afford to. If you have a link to any report that says otherwise please feel free to post a link...or stop making excuses for people.

"National Guard troops were driving around in 10-ton trucks and Humvees to help residents who couldn’t get out on their own."

"According to a Texas State Trooper, 200 people were evacuated Saturday night to Austin and there were still lines of buses available for residents who still wanted to leave".

Federal funded lobotomies were available for those who were thinking of not evacuating.

Headline: WHY DIDN'T HOUSTON EVACUATE.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/houston-evacuation-hurricane-harvey/index.html

Interplanner

Truster, that's a bit simplistic.

How about the Indonesian tsunami?

Why doesn't most of eastern Europe collapse into a hole for sexual trafficking of children?

San Francisco...?

It is good if outright sinful people are awakened by such things happening near them, but God has a different way of establishing his truth: Christ's resurrection not only means that God's justice must be satisfied (rom 3), but that it was (in Christ, Rom 3 and Acts 13) and he is now enthroned and is to be obeyed (Acts 2). 'Kiss the son, lest he smite you.' This--not various natural disasters--was compelled Paul to tell officials at the highest level that they were to obey the enthroned Lord and live righteously and self-controlled.

Truster

Truster, that's a bit simplistic.

How about the Indonesian tsunami?

Why doesn't most of eastern Europe collapse into a hole for sexual trafficking of children?

San Francisco...?

It is good if outright sinful people are awakened by such things happening near them, but God has a different way of establishing his truth: Christ's resurrection not only means that God's justice must be satisfied (rom 3), but that it was (in Christ, Rom 3 and Acts 13) and he is now enthroned and is to be obeyed (Acts 2). 'Kiss the son, lest he smite you.' This--not various natural disasters--was compelled Paul to tell officials at the highest level that they were to obey the enthroned Lord and live righteously and self-controlled.

This is the hurricane Harvey thread. Not the SF or the Asian thread. Try and focus...

PS Simple truths are the most effective as well as the most ignored or denied.

Example:

Noah, why are you building an ark?

Noah answered, to flee the wrath to come.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I for one am not going to second-guess the decision when the storm isn't even over yet. There's time to point fingers later, but now is the time to help or at least show a bit of humanitarian charity. Harvey went from a tropical storm to category 4 hurricane in 36 hours. Telling over 6 million people to evacuate within what, a 24-hour period would have jammed the roads and likely caused more deaths. Why don't you offer some words of condolence or care to the people of Houston? This is a 800-year weather event, not a judgment from God, you two-bit prophet.

From the news coverage I've watched, the rescued have said they sat out other storms, but that Harvey was the worst they'd ever seen. And there were hundreds and hundreds of private citizens out on boats, helping friend and stranger alike. They, unlike you, Mr. two-bit prophet, have a heart. They're showing charity for those in need, they're putting their heart into solid action with their hands. Unlike you.

Truster

I for one am not going to second-guess the decision when the storm isn't even over yet. There's time to point fingers later, but now is the time to help or at least show a bit of humanitarian charity. Harvey went from a tropical storm to category 4 hurricane in 36 hours. Telling over 6 million people to evacuate within what, a 24-hour period would have jammed the roads and likely caused more deaths. Why don't you offer some words of condolence or care to the people of Houston? This is a 800-year weather event, not a judgment from God, you two-bit prophet.

From the news coverage I've watched, the rescued have said they sat out other storms, but that Harvey was the worst they'd ever seen. And there were hundreds and hundreds of private citizens out on boats, helping friend and stranger alike. They, unlike you, Mr. two-bit prophet, have a heart. They're showing charity for those in need, they're putting their heart into solid action with their hands. Unlike you.

Pride, stubbornness, stupidity and not caring that they might be putting other peoples lives in danger...

Truster

...arrogance, madness and shaking the proverbial fist at the Almighty.

Yah Veh is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: Yah Veh hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Truster

Prophets foretell. I didn't foretell.

The Eternal Almighty works all things according to His good pleasure. There is nothing that happens on earth nor in heaven that happens outside of His will and good pleasure.

Terror, war, pestilence, earthquakes, tsunami’s and plague are instruments for the destruction of the wicked in the hands of the Almighty. He uses the wicked to destroy the wicked. Nobody is safe when He strikes and He never misses a target. “Shall there be evil in the city, and Yah Veh hath not worked it?”

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GOD makes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Homes that were safe (high enough to not take in water) are still in danger.
On an already saturated area where any drainage ways are already filled, along with the non-stop raining they are still having, is causing water levels to rise (no where to go).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not to mention that Houston is the 3rd largest city in the USA.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
43A4A74A00000578-4830304-image-a-10_1503935312377.jpg

43A4A75200000578-4830304-image-a-11_1503935312588.jpg

Truster

In Job there are three types of rain mentioned. Two are primarily rains of blessing for the land and for mankind. The third is the rain of vengeance.