How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

glorydaz

not at all....happily he wasn’t teaching on the afterlife...but you wish He were...

BTW...the answer is NO spirits do NOT have tongues that can be cooled with water...

Really, but they can "sleep". :rotfl:

Awww that’s too bad it’s not included...maybe there is where your evidence would be...naw doubt it...as if the church would hide convincing evidence in scripture to its hell and its afterlife...lol

Poor soul....in love with his body of flesh.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

iouae

Clefty, you are doing a great job.

It should be enough to say that death is the opposite of life, and that when we die, we are er. dead.

We believe that for every cat, mouse and pot plant - that it has no afterlife - but for ourselves - we emphatically believe in an immortal portion.

Sorry, cat, mouse, pot plant, human, neither has an immortal bit. Once dead, we are like Rover, dead all over, awaiting the GIFT of life, which Christ brings with Him.

iouae

Really, but they can "sleep". :rotfl:

Jhn 11:11
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Jhn 11:14
Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Is that plain enough for you Glorydaz? :dizzy:

glorydaz

These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

It's plain you think man is nothing but a body of flesh. :chuckle:

glorydaz

It should be enough to say that death is the opposite of life, and that when we die, we are er. dead.

We believe that for every cat, mouse and pot plant - that it has no afterlife - but for ourselves - we emphatically believe in an immortal portion.

Sorry, cat, mouse, pot plant, human, neither has an immortal bit. Once dead, we are like Rover, dead all over, awaiting the GIFT of life, which Christ brings with Him.

Unbelievers. :nono:

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

clefty

Lame, especially since Paul says he would be leaving those other believers behind. He's hardly referring to the day of the Lord, and the resurrection of his body, if he was the only one to be resurrected.

No cute emoji?

He isn’t the only one being resurrected you silly...he is the only one being departed...duh

I realize it's hard for a man of the flesh to understand that man has a spirit....which will DEPART and be with Christ before his body is ever resurrected.
what you realize is exactly the problem...no surprise you realize erroneously

Phil. 1:23-25 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;​

Well...couldn't he just come back as a Spirit then and abide with them...or instruct them pray to him a spirit up there to intercede for them...that would certainly help their needfulness no?

Of course not! He knows he is useless to them dead...and instructs they lives as He lives “that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may sattain to the resurrection from the dead.”

It is to know the power of resurrection he focuses on not a transformation of spirit to be with Christ under the alter crying out for vengeance...as a prisoner he knew he was going to be killed...

But aren’t spirits helpful useful to those whom he has departed? Some still claim that...

But Paul does not think so focussing on a resurrection day when those asleep wake first...and what happens?

Phil 3:20 “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.”

The entire focus of Paul is to resurrect and receive the new body not enter into spiritsville...

Phil 2:27 “For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.” Why sorrow if death is better as it is instant spirit trip to heaven?...

Does this sound like encouragement to live right to their individual deaths? For each to be personally transformed into spirit when they die?

Phil 2:14...“Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”

Does he rejoice when they die to become spirits or a specific day when they all collectively vindicate him his work...

That day of the lord he specifically alludes to as judgement day where later even John the revelatory saw all lined up to be judged...

This is judgement day Paul describes...using a known metaphor to describe which state of existence all will be in...dead or alive “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

One day in the future all judged...

In this one letter of Paul we see not eagerness to become spirits enjoying a heaven before the others but encouragement to live to the coming of the Lord...

clefty

Dead like rover...lol

Why even come back if the point is to be spirit over there...”oh look at all the nice things I can’t enjoy without eyes mouth ears hands feet...I am a spirit”...goodness

Point being we will be restored into new physical bodies AND STILL NOT IMMORTAL...as there stands the tree of life...”

we are restored access to it...having been first restored...

clefty

The little girl He “woke up” was asleep too...the irony they ridiculed Him for saying so...just like here on TOL...nothing from her about spiritville

John 5:
28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voicea 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

He comes quickly His COMPLETE reward is with Him not the final part of installing the hovering spirits into the bodies...

clefty

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Everyone He said this to died...some brutally...despite believing...some BECAUSE they were liveth-ing and believeth-ing IN HIM HIS WAY...

They too sleep awaiting the resurrection at the coming of the Lord...when those in Christ will awake first to their complete reward...

HalleluYah

iouae

Yes, together with this.

Heb 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

clefty

Yes, together with this.

It is telling that Martha believed this:

“24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

She sounds like Paul...lol

Nothing there about already hanging out with Abraham at his bosom...

Or a soul spirit in heaven having to come back to get his body...

She believed he would rise complete at the resurrection at the last day...

way 2 go

Having a desire to be with Him at the time...is at the resurrection...not to die and float about...oh wait Paul being killed would NOT be floating about...he be stuck under the altar crying for vengnce “HOW LONG!”

so you admit Paul has a spirit that exist apart from his body :)

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.

way 2 go

not at all....happily he wasn’t teaching on the afterlife...but you wish He were...

BTW...the answer is NO spirits do NOT have tongues that can be cooled with water...

Jesus is teaching the rich man died and was buried
and the rich man called out from the flames, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me

existence of the spirit after death

Awww that’s too bad it’s not included...maybe there is where your evidence would be...naw doubt it...as if the church would hide convincing evidence in scripture to its hell and its afterlife...lol

my evidence is found here from Jesus himself

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’

way 2 go

Clefty, you are doing a great terrible job.
fixed it for ya

you are a humanist \ evolutionist so you don't understand the bible

God gave us a spirit

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.

soulsG5590

ψυχή
psuchē
psoo-khay'
From G5594; breath, that is, (by implication) spirit,

God gave us a spirit that continues on after death

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me

way 2 go

Yes, together with this.

you do not understand the bible,there is physical death & there is also spiritual death .

Luk 9:60 And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God.

way 2 go

Poor soul....in love with his body of flesh.
2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

we have scoffers who can't worship God .

Joh 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

glorydaz

we have scoffers who can't worship God .

Joh 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

True. And, as we see here, John left his body in prison, while the Lord took him in spirit to heaven's door to bear witness of what was there. And there are the 24 elders worshiping the One who sat on the throne.

Revelation 4:1-2 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.​

Revelation 4:10-11 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.​

The scoffers don't believe in spiritual beings, I guess.

way 2 go

True. And, as we see here, John left his body in prison, while the Lord took him in spirit to heaven's door to bear witness of what was there. And there are the 24 elders worshiping the One who sat on the throne.
Revelation 4:1-2 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.​
Revelation 4:10-11 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.​

The scoffers don't believe in spiritual beings, I guess.

great verses :thumb:

clefty

so you admit Paul has a spirit that exist apart from his body :)

No I dont admit...Paul in your theory of spiritville would be stuck under the altar...something he did NOT teach

Was being sarcastic and you are being desperately eager...

clefty

Jesus is teaching the rich man died and was buried
and the rich man called out from the flames, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me

existence of the spirit after death
spirits burn? Have tongues? Speak to those not fallen far off above the roar of flames and tormented cries of other spirits?

What is taught is the ironic inversion of the first last and the last first by way of a popular folk tale He used...

How did the rich man know it was Abraham? Name tags? Name and number Jersey? Security ID?

my evidence is found here from Jesus himself

Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’

Who when His actual friend Lazarus died did NOT say he is at Abraham’s bosom but He said Lazarus sleeps...

Spirits have physical forms much less tongues...LOL...capable of being able to be cooled by drop of water...

Not matter how often you repeat the lie...it is NOT a documentary on the afterlife but a parable to teach and illustrate a seperate matter...