How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

clefty

who are they?

If you have any power given to you by the world you are oppressed...only some of them are aware they are enslaved and to who and often wish to oppose Him they are to receive...He however is still for them as well

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you have any power given to you by the world you are oppressed...only some of them are aware they are enslaved and to who and often wish to oppose Him they are to receive...He however is still for them as well

do you have anyone specifically?

iouae

plenty more where that comes from...Yah bless this tool the innernutz...to do Your work as the printing press did...

I know Ernest Martin and the Churches of God. They did not believe in an immortal soul, but they believed in a "spirit in man" which was identical to the immortal soul idea. For a while I believed their "spirit in man" idea till one day I read the following verse and just believed it.

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

From then on, I read the Bible, and saw that there was no difference between man and beast. The only difference is that God chooses to resurrect His friends, give them spirit bodies and immortality. If God liked a cat or a sheep particularly much, He could have done exactly the same with it too.

Many folks will take every word that Paul writes as the Gospel truth, and find every excuse to deny what the wisest man who ever lived wrote, (besides Jesus) viz. Solomon.

Thus I am very out of step with the Churches of God, and the Adventists, although I learned from the Churches of God Sabbath keeping and enjoyed the time I spent with the Adventists.

clefty

I know Ernest Martin and the Churches of God. They did not believe in an immortal soul, but they believed in a "spirit in man" which was identical to the immortal soul idea. For a while I believed their "spirit in man" idea till one day I read the following verse and just believed it.

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

From then on, I read the Bible, and saw that there was no difference between man and beast. The only difference is that God chooses to resurrect His friends, give them spirit bodies and immortality. If God liked a cat or a sheep particularly much, He could have done exactly the same with it too.

Many folks will take every word that Paul writes as the Gospel truth, and find every excuse to deny what the wisest man who ever lived wrote, (besides Jesus) viz. Solomon.

Thus I am very out of step with the Churches of God, and the Adventists, although I learned from the Churches of God Sabbath keeping and enjoyed the time I spent with the Adventists.

Yes breath...we must have breath to say the Name...to share the gospel...for others to hear and receive salvation...and realize every breath they take is a gift to praise...to say His name...

Let all which has breath praise Yah...

My study of His name Yah has me believe it is the sound of inhalation...proof of life and the first thing adam did was to inhale to receive...Eve was made from the rib which protects the lung and helps to say the Name

The baby lives first and then breathes to stay alive to live...they were alive in the room and then inhaled the Spirit He breathed on them...to stay alive and live in Him His Way

Breath His Name is life as both EliYah and Elisha literally laid on the dead and there was resurrection as later in the NT did Paul...

EL = god Thus EliYah is god is Yah

El = sha (root sound of Salvation god is salvation

Hence Yah is salvation at His Son Yahshua...

Breathing is the inhalation and exhalation the literal sound of His Name.

The comical attempts by various languages to capture the sounds animals make attest to this desire to name sound...

Yah saved with His Son Yahshua...inhaltion needs exhaling...give praise with every breath...

Do not kill as it removes breath the praise to Him...don’t steal from Yah

Be still and know...you breath Him His Name...as designed...as created...and now know that with every breath you say His Name...breathe now with intent

Indeed let all that breathes praise Yah...

Believing this I now intend to pray without ceasing...Saying His Name as long as He allows breath...

HalleluYah

Last edited:

iouae

Yes breath...we must have breath to say the Name...to share the gospel...for others to hear and receive salvation...and realize every breath they take is a gift to praise...to say His name...

Let all which has breath praise Yah...

My study of His name Yah has me believe it is the sound of inhalation...proof of life and the first thing adam did was to inhale to receive...Eve was made from the rib which protects the lung and helps to say the Name

The baby lives first and then breathes to stay alive to live...they were alive in the room and then inhaled the Spirit He breathed on them...to stay alive and live in Him His Way

Breath His Name is life as both EliYah and Elisha literally laid on the dead and there was resurrection as later in the NT did Paul...

EL = god Thus EliYah is god is Yah

El = sha (root sound of Salvation god is salvation

Hence Yah is salvation at His Son Yahshua...

Breathing is the inhalation and exhalation the literal sound of His Name.

The comical attempts by various languages to capture the sounds animals make attest to this desire to name sound...

Yah saved with His Son Yahshua...inhaltion needs exhaling...give praise with every breath...

Do not kill as it removes breath the praise to Him...don’t steal from Yah

Be still and know...you breath Him His Name...as designed...as created...and now know that with every breath you say His Name...breathe now with intent

Indeed let all that breathes praise Yah...

Believing this I now intend to pray without ceasing...Saying His Name as long as He allows breath...

HalleluYah

Clefty we all know that "Jesus" is not the correct pronunciation. But that is what I have called Him all my life and walk. So He knows when I am talking to Him. And the Father I just call "Father" or "Daddy".

Explain to me the excitement you get for the "right" pronunciation of His name.

clefty

Clefty we all know that "Jesus" is not the correct pronunciation. But that is what I have called Him all my life and walk. So He knows when I am talking to Him. And the Father I just call "Father" or "Daddy".

Explain to me the excitement you get for the "right" pronunciation of His name.

Thought I just did...pay attention ha

It’s the same joy at better understanding the fourth commandment or the second or any of Him His Way...

After deconstructing what for centuries has been counterfeited to steal from me reward I merely press n to the next commandment and reverse engineer that one...

Example: they said worship on Sunday...but early church kept Sabbath...what how why happened?

Same with the name...and languages...translation

twice in Acts the author was specific and intentional that Paul spoke hebrew/Aramaic when asking “who are you?” after being knocked off his high horse...not once but twice Paul got his answer not in greek or Latin but in Hebrew/aramiac...certainly not in English which didn’t even exist (?) much less have a letter j...so obviously it wasn’t Jesus Christ...

So details like that reveal much to my understanding of Him His Way...the Way of the first century church which Stephen called the church of the wilderness...

Again Biblical names have meaning and I find that fascinating alone...

Knowing He was Jewish of course makes Sabbath and festivals and kosher laws all part of this...

The the need for marketing of a blonde blue eyed white skin Greek/Latin based logo is over...

Don’t take the Name in vain > man’s traditions...is all

Again

https://youtu.be/HUs8f-lphec

clefty

Absolutely fascinating 2 minute video.

I know right? We are supposed to be madly in love with our groom and we barely know Him or His desperate letters to reach us...

Tragic how badly we are led astray...to neither hot nor cold...

I merely wish to abide in His love...my first love...

His name’s importance is number 3 on His top ten list...

way 2 go

Revelations also NOT A DOCUMENTARY but vision...no matter how often you repeat the same LIE

Revelation 4:1-2 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Man was NOT created immortal but it was necessary he eat from the tree of life...

Adam was created immortal but he sinned.

Is why he was denied access to it so that he NOT live forever after he disobeyed...

man was denied access so he could not go on sinning here on earth forever :duh:

way 2 go

spirits burn? Have tongues? Speak to those not fallen far off above the roar of flames and tormented cries of other spirits?

mocking Jesus or calling him a liar ?
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’

What is taught is the ironic inversion of the first last and the last first by way of a popular folk tale He used...
wrong , Jesus taught existence of the spirit after death as a warning to you!

Luk 16:30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’
Luk 16:31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”

How did the rich man know it was Abraham? Name tags? Name and number Jersey? Security ID?

Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham,

Who when His actual friend Lazarus died did NOT say he is at Abraham’s bosom but He said Lazarus sleeps...
so

Joh 11:42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.”

Spirits have physical forms much less tongues...LOL...capable of being able to be cooled by drop of water...

Not matter how often you repeat the lie...it is NOT a documentary on the afterlife but a parable to teach and illustrate a seperate matter...

Jesus taught existence of the spirit after death,
show us where Jesus lied.

way 2 go

ruach/pneuma = breath = O2

what is zero 2 ? or do you mean oxygen btw God is a spirit he does not breath oxygen .

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And the very first place where "soul" is used, it is used of animals, and they BECAME one, did not have one, just as Adam BECAME a living soul/being, did not have one. The "psuche" he has is air/breath which animates material beings.

God created us body soul & spirit , did not create animals that way

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Probably parable, or the day of judgment, where rich man is resurrected to see the lake of fire/lava flow approaching and is about to be burnt UP, not burnt forever.

not even remotely possible

Jesus is speaking in past tense :duh:

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

iouae

God created us body soul & spirit , did not create animals that way

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The whole material creation is made of the same matter = atoms. The only difference is God made us rulers, and gives us a chance to have more life by befriending Jesus.

not even remotely possible

Jesus is speaking in past tense :duh:

Parables can have any tense, and any amount of true detail, plus added ones.

Someone in hell, getting a chance to speak for the first time, to Abraham, is unlikely to be so concerned about his kin, but more likely to ask questions pertaining to his own condition and how to improve it. Because the parable is about how to escape ending up there the rich man asks these questions about his kin, as a way of telling the story.

In hell there is no conversing with the righteous, like Abraham, there is no gulf to shout across etc.
And the rich man clearly had not been there long enough to converse with anyone before this imaginary conversation. And notice there is nobody else around in hell.

But there will be a moment of regret and possibly brief thoughts about others, before being burnt up.

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

way 2 go

You clearly don't understand simile and metaphor.

Luk 9:60 And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

Leave the spiritually dead to bury the physically dead

Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

Paul died spiritually

LITERAL (they had been dead, now are resurrected to hear sentence passed against them)

present tense it does not say I saw those who were dead.

spiritually dead
physical dead don't stand :duh:

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God.

Way 2 go - you had better get a grip on simile, metaphor, parable, symbolism - these are God's favourite figures of speech. These are used a lot in the Bible.

oh-really-now.gif

iouae

His name’s importance is number 3 on His top ten list...

Nice try Clefty, to associate sacred names with 10C #3.

10C #3 means to call yourself a Christian, and act like an infidel, is to take His name (Christian) in vain.

iouae

And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God.

Do you see how all the dead stand before God in one great lot, at one specific time - not individually as each one dies?

And Revelation is set in the future, and John saw them future stand before God.

And they had not been standing there before God for thousands of years. The implication is that they stood as John watched.

And John tells one specifically, when they stand up...
Rev 20:5
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.