Hoping for Fellowship and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganMom

I found this forum through the Bob Enyart show. I had found the Bob Enyart show when researching the Columbine school shooting and finding that Brian Rohrbough was the only person around who had a credible explanation, as explained in the interviews he did with Enyart.

I am a bit apprehensive about this forum, because Protestants can so often be anti-Catholic; and this forum appears to be heavily Protestant. I have tried Catholic forums and Free Republic, but wanted to try something different and learn about some different perspectives.

I have learned a lot in my short time listening to Enyart and am so impressed to find someone who is firm on pro-life issues. This is so difficult to find. I have four children and I teach math and science online to high school students, mostly homeschooled students--but a few government school students as well. :rapture:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hi, welcome! Wear a helmet.

Whereabouts in the state are you? I was born in metro Detroit, spent time there and in the thumb.

MichiganMom

Hi, welcome! Wear a helmet.

Whereabouts in the state are you? I was born in metro Detroit, spent time there and in the thumb.

We are on the west side of the state near Kalamazoo. But my parents were born in Detroit and raised in Livonia, so we frequently visit family on that side of the state.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I am a bit apprehensive about this forum, because Protestants can so often be anti-Catholic;
New Catholic kids frequently feel that way. Then they get around more and, eventually, realize this is the least of their worries. :eek:

and this forum appears to be heavily Protestant.
That's just a vicious rumor. There's no real difference between the body mass of the average Catholic and Protestant. Though skin thickness can vary dramatically.

I have tried Catholic forums and Free Republic, but wanted to try something different and learn about some different perspectives.
Those we have by the boat load. So your ship has definitely come in.

I have learned a lot in my short time listening to Enyart and am so impressed to find someone who is firm on pro-life issues.
A very strong camp here, with surprising (and to my mind encouraging) diversity in the foundation of the why.

Welcome. :e4e:

elohiym

Welcome, Mom from Michigan! :cheers:

There are anti-catholic folk here, and I suppose I am one, too, technically. But I'm generally anti-protestant, as well. In other words, I'm pro-Christ in you, and anti-denomination and tradition in you.

If you want your beliefs tested, this is a great place to do it. Sometimes you'll even find someone up to the challenge. However, if you don't want your Christian beliefs tested, just avoid those discussions.

Enjoy your stay here. Look forward to seeing what you contribute.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so who do you root for when one of those Michigan teams plays Notre Dame
and
this year that includes Western Michigan

MichiganMom

I didn't get arrested
but
I did get a TV interview
but
I don't think it was used, I could tell they didn't like me

My daughter has ND on her possible choices for college. She is a junior. I haven't said anything so far, but I can't see sending them any money, unless they get rid of that priest that invited Obama and start acting Catholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.