Homos are not feminine!

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I'd like to point out that, before Abortion and Faggotry were legalized, they were illegal. They've become legal only in VERY recent times.

PlastikBuddha

Right! Like abortion.
Actually, not at all like abortion. Abortion, because it involves the life of a non-consenting other, is really not comporable to consensual relationships. You can make an entirely secular case for banning abortion, but every single attempt I have seen to scrounge up some pathetic non-religious rationalization for criminilizing homosexuality has been nothing but attempted misdirection and blatant hypocrisy.
Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's acceptable.
Oh, we're 100% in agreement on that, bucko. ;)

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Actually, not at all like abortion. Abortion, because it involves the life of a non-consenting other, is really not comporable to consensual relationships. You can make an entirely secular case for banning abortion, but every single attempt I have seen to scrounge up some pathetic non-religious rationalization for criminilizing homosexuality has been nothing but attempted misdirection and blatant hypocrisy.

Define secular?

PlastikBuddha

I'd like to point out that, before Abortion and Faggotry were legalized, they were illegal. They've become legal only in VERY recent times.

Bullpuckey of the highest order. Fluid sexuality was extremely common in the ancient world and women have been preventing unwanted pregnancies with various chemical abortificants since the dawn of time. Your "golden age" syndrome is either a sign of precocious cynicism in one so young or lingering naivete in someone who is old enough to know better.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Bullpuckey of the highest order. Fluid sexuality was extremely common in the ancient world and women have been preventing unwanted pregnancies with various chemical abortificants since the dawn of time. Your "golden age" syndrome is either a sign of precocious cynicism in one so young or lingering naivete in someone who is old enough to know better.

It doesn't matter if it was legal or not in the ancient world. It wasn't legal in America until very, very recent times.

red77

Did you read it? Here, I'll pull it out and let it stand on it's own:

The reason there are so many threads about homosexuality on here is because of peoples own personal hate and disgust at homosexuals trying to make their perversion acceptable in today's society...

Better?

Not really, the reason why there's 1000000 threads about homosexuality is because of people's hatred and self righteous prejudice, nothing more and is blatantly obvious.........if you lot put a tenth of the time and effort you invest in fixating on gay people towards some of the real issues in the world it might just be a slightly better place......

PlastikBuddha

It doesn't matter if it was legal or not in the ancient world. It wasn't legal in America until very, very recent times.

But were those laws enforced? How many people have been tried for sodomy in the US ever? And abortion? When was it made specifically illegal?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
But were those laws enforced? How many people have been tried for sodomy in the US ever? And abortion? When was it made specifically illegal?

Abortion? If abortion was always legal, why was there a court decision neccessary to make it legal?

At any rate, whether or not it was or was not prosecuted ever, the point is that the laws remained on the books. I am sure at least one person was arrested for it.

PlastikBuddha

Abortion? If abortion was always legal, why was there a court decision neccessary to make it legal?
So... show me the laws that made it illegal.
At any rate, whether or not it was or was not prosecuted ever, the point is that the laws remained on the books. I am sure at least one person was arrested for it.

I'm sure there were a few. Probaly it was used as pretext when nothing else would stick but there were gays then just as they are now.

SOTK

True or false?

The Bible is explicitly against homosexuality.

Not to the extent that some here would have as penalty for those who are gay, Jesus certainly didn't mention it while ministering on earth....true?

You gotta be kidding me....??! More threads on murder than homosexuality? There's more threads on homosexuality than there are abortion!
And what exactly does it concern you or anyone else if people are having consentual sex of any type if it isn't violating anyone? What business does it have to do with anyone?

red77,

See, this is what just ticks me off about people like you (especially so-called Christians). When pushed, just about everyone will admit that homosexuality is explicitly forbidden by God just as you did. It's there in black and white in the Bible. We all know it's a sin (even homosexuals know that it is), but homosexuals and people like you justify it as being 'acceptable' anyways. This is why homosexuality is such a hot topic on TOL and in the news. Homosexuality is being touted as "okay" and people are trying to classify homosexuals as a minority group.

As koban stated, it would be like touting the line that murder is 'okay' and that murders should be accepted as a separate class of individuals. Or, if you don't like that example, replace murderers with adulterers or whatever. I hope you see the point.

red, Why would you admit to homosexuality being a sin and then turn around and ask us what's the big deal? Man, that's aggravating.

red77

red77,

See, this is what just ticks me off about people like you (especially so-called Christians). When pushed, just about everyone will admit that homosexuality is explicitly forbidden by God just as you did. It's there in black and white in the Bible. We all know it's a sin (even homosexuals know that it is), but homosexuals and people like you justify it as being 'acceptable' anyways. This is why homosexuality is such a hot topic on TOL and in the news. Homosexuality is being touted as "okay" and people are trying to classify homosexuals as a minority group.

As koban stated, it would be like touting the line that murder is 'okay' and that murders should be accepted as a separate class of individuals. Or, if you don't like that example, replace murderers with adulterers or whatever. I hope you see the point.

red, Why would you admit to homosexuality being a sin and then turn around and ask us what's the big deal? Man, that's aggravating.

oh come off it, the only reason there's so many threads about this 'topic' is because it gets the self righteous juices flowing, it's obvious that it's a fixation on here and it's born out of personal disgust and hate, some folk here would have us live back under Mosaic law given half the chance and the lengths some will go to to portray homosexuals as molestors and monsters is just sickening,

Look at Paul Cameron for a case in point, totally discredited by his own profession and the courts and yet his "research" is swallowed blindly because it fits what those who love to hate these people want to hear....

Murder, rape and molestation all violate people, consentual acts between homosexuals do not, yet that doesn't stop people trying to put them all on the same page, even adultery as well, there's more fous on spouting off and wanting to have laws in place that would have homosexuals and adulterers put to death than there is in addressing so many of the more pressing problems that people face in the world, Christianity that aint, and if that ticks you off so be it.....

SOTK

oh come off it, the only reason there's so many threads about this 'topic' is because it gets the self righteous juices flowing, it's obvious that it's a fixation on here and it's born out of personal disgust and hate, some folk here would have us live back under Mosaic law given half the chance and the lengths some will go to to portray homosexuals as molestors and monsters is just sickening,

Look at Paul Cameron for a case in point, totally discredited by his own profession and the courts and yet his "research" is swallowed blindly because it fits what those who love to hate these people want to hear....

Listen, I get sick of this topic as well and you are right in stating that it pervades this board, however, it's a sin. Period. It gets talked about so much because people want to take an eraser and erase it away from the Bible as being such. It's not up for negotiation and attempting to erase it aint gonna happen. As much as I find homosexuality disgusting, I find the justification of it even more disgusting and perverted. I'd rather homosexuals and homosexual supporters just come out and state "Yes, it's a sin and we're living contrary to God's Word but we just don't care" then the sickening justification and lies I hear from them and supporters of them like you. I mean seriously, I hear less justification and lies from murderers.

Murder, rape and molestation all violate people, consentual acts between homosexuals do not, yet that doesn't stop people trying to put them all on the same page, even adultery as well, there's more fous on spouting off and wanting to have laws in place that would have homosexuals and adulterers put to death than there is in addressing so many of the more pressing problems that people face in the world, Christianity that aint, and if that ticks you off so be it.....

Every sin violates people whether directly the target of a sin or not. Would a murder in your neighborhood affect you even if your family was not harmed? Have you ever been affected by a close friend's sins such as a friend who committed adultery and was leaving his wife? Come on! Sins affect us. Homosexuality is no different of a sin. Openly homosexual neighbors affect me and my family. Period.

Stop kidding yourself and us.

koban

Listen, I get sick of this topic as well and you are right in stating that it pervades this board, however, it's a sin. Period. It gets talked about so much because people want to take an eraser and erase it away from the Bible as being such. It's not up for negotiation and attempting to erase it aint gonna happen. As much as I find homosexuality disgusting, I find the justification of it even more disgusting and perverted. I'd rather homosexuals and homosexual supporters just come out and state "Yes, it's a sin and we're living contrary to God's Word but we just don't care" then the sickening justification and lies I hear from them and supporters of them like you. I mean seriously, I hear less justification and lies from murderers.

Every sin violates people whether directly the target of a sin or not. Would a murder in your neighborhood affect you even if your family was not harmed? Have you ever been affected by a close friend's sins such as a friend who committed adultery and was leaving his wife? Come on! Sins affect us. Homosexuality is no different of a sin. Openly homosexual neighbors affect me and my family. Period.

:thumb:

red77

'Less justification and lies from murderers'? :dizzy:
And don't try and kid me that it's 'talked about so much' because everyone tries to justify it', it's virtually always the likes of CRASH who post myriad threads on the subject without any encouragement from what you deem to be 'supporters', being a 'supporter' apparently means not clamouring and yelling for these people to be killed for their orientation which I find barbaric and a darn sight more sickening than actually treating these people as human beings, excuse me if I don't want to live in a mosaic law police state and happen to find other issues in this world a darn sight more important

Of course a murder would affect me, especially if they weren't caught and were still at large in the neighbourhood, but even if they were it obviously wouldn't be pleasant to know that someone had been killed
As for adultery i don't know any of my friends who have committed it, if they did I wouldn't condone it but nor would i condemn my friend either, and I certainly don't think he should be killed for it as some here advocate, people's private lives are their own business
people who are homosexual and don't parade it harm nobody, one of my friends lived next door to someone who is gay and there was no problem, shock horror he was actually just a normal bloke....

Agape4Robin

:BRAVO: :bow:

koban

'Less justification and lies from murderers'? :dizzy:
And don't try and kid me that it's 'talked about so much' because everyone tries to justify it', it's virtually always the likes of CRASH who post myriad threads on the subject without any encouragement from what you deem to be 'supporters', being a 'supporter' apparently means not clamouring and yelling for these people to be killed for their orientation which I find barbaric and a darn sight more sickening than actually treating these people as human beings, excuse me if I don't want to live in a mosaic law police state and happen to find other issues in this world a darn sight more important

Of course a murder would affect me, especially if they weren't caught and were still at large in the neighbourhood, but even if they were it obviously wouldn't be pleasant to know that someone had been killed
As for adultery i don't know any of my friends who have committed it, if they did I wouldn't condone it but nor would i condemn my friend either, and I certainly don't think he should be killed for it as some here advocate, people's private lives are their own business
people who are homosexual and don't parade it harm nobody, one of my friends lived next door to someone who is gay and there was no problem, shock horror he was actually just a normal bloke....

Are you a Christian Red?

scparmy

Well who isn't sinful? Should we just dispense with the term 'human' altogether and call each other derogatory names?

What are you referring to as a derogatory name, surely not sodomite? Sodomite is biblical.

Oh.....that seems to happen a lot as it is......

:squint: