Hitler could have had eternal life

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So say's Heir:
"As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"​
I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.
I'd say you could have done so, though with that sort of horror on your soul I'd wonder if or how you would ever be inclined and beyond that point I don't believe anyone indwelled by Christ would subsequently participate in genocide, meaning that as hypotheticals go it's a foggy stretch and needless. Better to simply say that the point of grace is forgiveness of sin and that one sin or a hundred is met by it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amazing how little attention this post has gotten. Even as a thought experiment, this should be thought provoking. Stop and think- maybe there is something that is not quite right in your (Christian) theology?
It's not thought provoking at all.

It's simple; murderers should be executed.

Ben Masada

Hitler could have had eternal life.

Hitler could have had eternal life.

It's not thought provoking at all.

It's simple; murderers should be executed.

Hitler was a murder and he executed himself. What more would you want to happen to him? Once dead, there is no more pain.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hitler was a murder and he executed himself. What more would you want to happen to him? Once dead, there is no more pain.

The "challenge" was aimed at Christians. It said that people could get away with anything and then go to heaven with a deathbed conversion. While this is technically true, it ignores the consequences of the conditions the challenge requires: In a Christian society, the deathbed conversion would be just before the murderer is executed.

Ben Masada

The "challenge" was aimed at Christians. It said that people could get away with anything and then go to heaven with a deathbed conversion. While this is technically true, it ignores the consequences of the conditions the challenge requires: In a Christian society, the deathbed conversion would be just before the murderer is executed.

Things of the Christian religion! What about if one died without the last confession? Where else would he or she supposed to go besides the grave? Christianity never ceases amazing me!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Things of the Christian religion! What about if one died without the last confession? Where else would he or she supposed to go besides the grave? Christianity never ceases amazing me!

What? :AMR:

Nazaroo

New Evidence Discovered that Hitler is in Hell!;

Spoiler

4836hitlereugeniopacelli.jpg

hitler_cardinal4.jpg

nazipriestssalutehitler1.jpg

Ben Masada

New Evidence Discovered that Hitler is in Hell!;

New! That SOB is in hell since the day he executed himself. Of course, you mean the Christian hell. No he is not. He is in the Jewish hell aka grave with no hope ever to return. (II Sam. 12:23; Isa. 26:14; Job 10:21)

Nazaroo

New! That SOB is in hell since the day he executed himself.
Of course, you mean the Christian hell. No he is not.
He is in the Jewish hell aka grave with no hope ever to return.
(II Sam. 12:23; Isa. 26:14; Job 10:21)

Sheol is indeed the grave.

After the Resurrection all will be forced to return, hope or not.

Daniel:
“And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt” (Dan. 12:2).
Due to the clarity of its language, this passage is troubling to those who are repelled by the consequences suggested.

Yeshua:

"Do not be surprised at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth — those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]" (John 5:28-29).

[/FONT]

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
New! That SOB is in hell since the day he executed himself. Of course, you mean the Christian hell. No he is not. He is in the Jewish hell aka grave with no hope ever to return. (II Sam. 12:23; Isa. 26:14; Job 10:21)

If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait till my change comes. (Job 14:14 NKJV)​

Ben Masada

1 - Sheol is indeed the grave. After the Resurrection all will be forced to return, hope or not.

2 - Daniel: “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt” (Dan. 12:2).
Due to the clarity of its language, this passage is troubling to those who are repelled by the consequences suggested.

3 - Yeshua: "Do not be surprised at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth — those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. (John 5:28-29).

1 - Not Jesus, my friend. Jesus was a Jew and he knew that once dead no one will ever return. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)

2 - Daniel was not speaking of literal bodily resurrection but of a metaphorical resurrection from the graves among the Gentiles. That's the vision Ezekiel had of the dry bones. (Ezek. 37:12) It happens that, according to Isa. 53:8,9, when Jews are forced into exile, this, for Isaiah was akin to being cut off from the land of the living aka Israel and graves be assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's what the Jewish resurrection is. The Jews who refused to return, shall live in disgrace like the slave who once given his freedom he chooses to continue in servitude to his master. It didn't help though as the majority chose to remain behind.

3 - This is not from Jesus but from Paul a former Hellenist Jew which was paraphrased by John also a Hellenist who wrote the gospel attributed to John.

Ben Masada

If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait till my change comes. (Job 14:14 NKJV)​

Well my dear, you will wait forever and, the only change will be the turning of your body into dust. (Eccles. 12:7) That turning Job was talking about was the reversing of his health condition to live as before which indeed it happened. The truth is that he did not die of his physical illness.

Dan Emanuel

I'd say you could have done so, though with that sort of horror on your soul I'd wonder if or how you would ever be inclined and beyond that point I don't believe anyone indwelled by Christ would subsequently participate in genocide, meaning that as hypotheticals go it's a foggy stretch and needless. Better to simply say that the point of grace is forgiveness of sin and that one sin or a hundred is met by it.
I really think that Heir drive's home the point in a bold, powerful, and accurate way, though you'res and other's suggestion's aren't wrong, by any mean's. :)

Daniel