hi, everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disbeleiver

I'm an athiest muso gamer from Australia. and with how outspoken I akm I wonder how long it will be until I get banned, as this site seems to be run by Christian fundamentalists, completely unbiased, ofcourse, <heavy sarcasm> how could I suggest Bias? </heavy sarcasm>. But hehe, Mario!:yoshi: :luigi: :mario:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm an athiest muso gamer from Australia. and with how outspoken I akm I wonder how long it will be until I get banned, as this site seems to be run by Christian fundamentalists, completely unbiased, ofcourse, <heavy sarcasm> how could I suggest Bias? </heavy sarcasm>. But hehe, Mario!:yoshi: :luigi: :mario:

Hello newb and welcome. The bias is stated, but many of your stripe survive without a great degree of apparent difficulty. I don't know if the admins and mods would aggree with your general description of them, but way to start off on the right foot. :chuckle: Now if you end up banned it most likely means you will have to work on your impulse control. It happens. It happens to Christians around here as well, though less frequently. That's mostly because there isn't really a corresponding insult to the whole blasphemy idea one can launch at an Atheist.

"Relativism stinks!" just doesn't sing and is so easily met by "Sometimes yes; sometimes no" that there's no real point in going there...

As for your motto, the answer is you're going to have to tell us what YOU mean by lesser, given the whole value/standard ambiguity inherent in your designation.

:e4e: Best of luck.

An Atheist muso gamer from Australia? :think: I'm sure that will have some around here squealing with the delight of a little girl on her first pony ride. :D

Disbeleiver

I was really using my friends description of it, as I was completely new, and I refuse to hold back in what I want to say. If I do get banned, I'll just make another account called disbeleiver2, and make the motto "I'm back" =P. It has much less bias than he described it as, though some members do seem a bit....far right wing...and ignorant of left wing ideologies. To explain, left and right is a really bad way to describe it. politicalcompass.orgt has a much better way. I'm taking it again, but when I took it earlier this year I overlapped with Mandela.

Disbeleiver

btw, my motto on there is not really my motto for life, I just didn't really know what to put on there, and seeing as this is a theological debate site it is relevant.

dreadknought

I was really using my friends description of it, as I was completely new, and I refuse to hold back in what I want to say. If I do get banned, I'll just make another account called disbeleiver2, and make the motto "I'm back" =P.

Tic...Toc...Tic...Toc

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Silly newbie! What makes you think we would pretend to be unbiased or even strive to be unbiased? We are openly biased at TOL. You might want to save your <heavier sarcasm> for when you actually know what you're talking about. But that's alright, it's okay for newbies to make mistakes. Welcome to TOL!

Lucky

Hall of Fame
If I do get banned, I'll just make another account called disbeleiver2, and make the motto "I'm back" =P.
Hmm, you seem a bit focused on a perceived imminent ban for you. I invite you to put aside your goals of a swift, pointless martyrdom and stick around. :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I refuse to hold back in what I want to say.
If by that you mean you refuse to be dishonest, grand. If you mean you refuse to be well mannered, then it's not a statement to take pride in...though it will cast a lovely light (if only internally) as most self immolations do. :plain:
It [TOL] has much less bias than he described it as, though some members do seem a bit....far right wing...and ignorant of left wing ideologies.
And some left wingers think facism begins with the pledge of allegience...go figure.

Disbeleiver

Well...

Well...

I'll be nice to people until they give me reason otherwise. Someone accused me of wanted to kill all the old people, handicapped people and babies, so that isn't exactly friendly.

nicholsmom

Welcome. Plenty of atheists do just fine here. The key is to not blaspheme (do not belittle God Himself) & not ignore the warnings of the moderators. They will help you stay in bounds if you heed them.

Also, it would be a good idea to be nice regardless since you start out at a deficit in the favoritism category (an openly stated bias of this forum).

One last thing: don't assume that you hold any intellectual high ground around here. If you pay attention you will find some of the smartest people on the planet hold opposing views to your own & you can learn which are good arguments, which are in need of a tune-up, and which should be buried without chance of resurrection. So pay attention & you will get smarter.

Quincy

An Atheist muso gamer from Australia? :think: I'm sure that will have some around here squealing with the delight of a little girl on her first pony ride. :D

May I squeal like a goth who just got back stage passes to a HIM concert instead lol?

Woot welcome, assuming you aren't one of the 10 people a day who get banned and then make another account, but I love Aussies, especially an aussie thinker.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Welcome to the forum ... I am Rusha, and a Satanist, and have been a member here since Nov 2007.

Might I suggest you watch, listen and correspond with those who actually want to debate topics with you. There really is a great bunch of ppl in this forum, that includes Christians as well as nonChristians.

Spitfire

I'll be nice to people until they give me reason otherwise. Someone accused me of wanted to kill all the old people, handicapped people and babies, so that isn't exactly friendly.
I've been told on an atheist forum that I shouldn't be allowed near children, lest I poison their minds, or maybe even kill them while they're still innocent to make sure they go to Heaven. I've also been told I should be detained and forced to undergo mental rehabilitation. Among other things... Fun times, forays into hostile territory. I don't know if atheists should look at this place that way, however, there are already many atheists here vying for the position of official forum nemesis.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was really using my friends description of it, as I was completely new, and I refuse to hold back in what I want to say. If I do get banned, I'll just make another account called disbeleiver2, and make the motto "I'm back" =P. ....

Why even go down that path. Just don't get banned to begin with! I can tell you that as long as I have been a moderator 100% of the people who spend time repeatedly reregestering get tired of it , before we get tired of hitting the ban button.

C

cattyfan

I was really using my friends description of it, as I was completely new, and I refuse to hold back in what I want to say. If I do get banned, I'll just make another account called disbeleiver2, and make the motto "I'm back" =P.

So you'll continue to misspell "disbeliever"? Very telling :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.