Has the Church Replaced Israel ?

beloved57

Because of the promise God made with Abraham.
Exactly, and its the same with believers in Christ today, the Church, the seed of Abraham, the Children of promise as was Isaac Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. So the Church is Israel

The brethren Paul referred to here is the Body of Christ, those whom he had written earlier in the letter Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

beloved57

The Church is the New Israel composed of both saved jews and gentiles. That both saved jews and gentiles are the new manifestion of Israel is understood by these inspiried words Eph 2:12

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Now Christ has made them One Commonwealth Israel Eph 2:14

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one[commonwealth/citizenship], and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Saved Gentiles now have citizenship with Israel

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens[in the commonwealth of Israel] with the saints, and of the household of God;

This is also pictured in Rom 11 with the Olive Tree, with saved Gentiles being Grafted into the citizenship with saved Israel the househo;d of God

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Church is the New Israel composed of both saved jews and gentiles. That both saved jews and gentiles are the new manifestion of Israel is understood by these inspiried words Eph 2:12

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Now Christ has made them One Commonwealth Israel Eph 2:14

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one[commonwealth/citizenship], and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Saved Gentiles now have citizenship with Israel

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens[in the commonwealth of Israel] with the saints, and of the household of God;

This is also pictured in Rom 11 with the Olive Tree, with saved Gentiles being Grafted into the citizenship with saved Israel the househo;d of God
THE HERESY OF REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY BY DR. DAVID HOCKING

REPLACEMENT THEOLOGYDISPENSATIONALISM
(1) The Nation of Israel was destroyed by Rome in 70 A.D.(1) The Nation of ISRAEL will NEVER cease to exist (Jeremiah 31:35-37, Thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the Lord of hosts is his name: “If this fixed order departs from before me, declares the Lord, then shall the offspring of Israel cease from being a nation before me forever.” Thus says the Lord: “If the heavens above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth below can be explored, then I will cast off all the offspring of Israel for all that they have done, declares the Lord.”
(2) God has forsaken Israel because of their sin & diso-bedience (Deut.29:19-20,23-28; 31:16-17).(2) God has NEVER permanently forsaken ISRAEL (Psalm 89:30-37). I will not violate my covenant or alter the word that went forth from my lips. Once for all I have sworn by my holiness; I will not lie to David. His offspring shall endure forever, his throne as long as the sun before me. Like the moon it shall be established forever, a faithful witness in the skies.” Selah (34-37).
(3) Israel forfeited their right to the Land by their sin and diso-bedience (Lev. 26:40-43).(3) The promise of a LAND is based on an EVERLASTING COVENANT Leviticus 26:44, “Yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not spurn them, neither will I abhor them so as to destroy them utterly and break my covenant with them, for I am the Lord their God”. And Psalm 105:8-11, “He remembers his covenant forever, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations, the covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac, which he confirmed to Jacob as a statute, to Israel as an everlasting covenant, saying, “To you I will give the land of Canaan as your portion for an inheritance.”
(4) Because of Israel’s sin & diso-bedience they are no longer recipients of God’s pro-mises.(4) God’s promises to ISRAEL are not based on their performance or merit. Isaiah 46:9-11, “remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.”
(5) Israel was rejected because the Jewish people crucified Jesus (Acts 2:22-23, 36; 5:30; 7:52-53).(5) The Jewish people did NOT crucify Yeshua. Matthew 20:18-19, “See, we are going up to Jerusalem. And the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death and deliver him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day.” The Jews killed by stoning to death – not by crucifixion – that was invented and performed by the Romans (Gentiles).
(6) The Church is the new “Israel of God” (Gal. 6:16).(6) The “ISRAEL of God” refers to Jewish Messianic believers. Galatians 6:15-16, ”For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.” There are two groups of believers referred to here – notice the conjunction “and”
(7) When a Jew accepts as his Savior, he is no longer “Jewish” (Gal. 3:28).(7) When a Jewish person becomes a believer in Yeshua, that person does NOT cease to be Jewish. Galatians 3:28, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
(8) God has “blinded” the Jewish people (Is. 6:10; Rom. 11:25).(8) The partial “blindness” of ISRAEL does NOT eliminate their future salvation. Romans 11:25-29, “Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”; “and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.”
(9) The Church is true Israel in the OT (Acts 7:38).(9) There is no “CHURCH” in the Old Testament. (ecclesia = qahal – “a gathering” – not the church).
(10) Jewish worship is no longer needed (Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16; 1 Cor. 11:20-26)(10) Jewish worship is NOT condemned in the New Testament. Romans 14. Romans 14 is all about being gracious with believers with different preferences of how they honor the Lord in worship and life. It does not nullify Jewish worship whatsoever.
(11) The Judgments of the Book of Revelation happened in 70 A.D.(11) The judgments and events in the Book of Revelation were NOT fulfilled in 70 A.D. Revelation 6:12-17, “When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” The Book of Revelation was most likely written in 95 AD – 25 years AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem.
(12) The return of the Jewish people came before 70 AD (Ezekiel 36:8-11).(12) The return of the Jewish people did NOT happen in 70 AD. Ezekiel 36:24, “I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land.” And Amos 9:14-15, “I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant them on their land, and they shall never again be uprooted out of the land that I have given them,” says the Lord your God. Immigration records show that there 193 nations (newest being South Sudan) and that Israel has people from 185 nations right now!
(13) The Conversion of the Jewish people happened in the first century AD (Acts 2:41; 4:32-33).(13) The conversion of Israel at the end of the Tribulation did NOT happen in 70 AD. John 1:11, “He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.” AND Acts 13:45-46, “But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began to contradict what was spoken by Paul, reviling him. And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.” The Conversion of the Nation of Israel will take place at the end of the future Tribulation Period. Ezekiel 39:29, “And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.” And Zechariah 12:10, “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.”
(14) The Second Coming of Christ in terms of judgment happened in 70 AD (Matthew 16:27-28).(14) The phrase “some standing here” in Matthew 16:28 (“Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”) is referring to Peter, James, and John. John 1:14, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.“ And 2 Peter 1:16-18, “For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain.”
(15) The words “this generation” refer to those who saw the Roman invasion and destruction of Jerusalem (Matthew 24:34-35).(15) The words “this generation shall not pass” in Matthew 24:34 are referring to the Nation of Israel – Jeremiah 31:35-37. The word “generation” is referring to a race of people – Israel. Matthew 23:34-37, “Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!”

beloved57

The Elect Gentiles were grafted into the New Covenant Promises to Elect Israel. When God announced the New Covenant to Israel as here Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Now Rom 11 makes it clear that Gentiles now partake of that fatness and blessing to Elect Israel Rom 11:16-17

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

All those promises to Israel in Jer 31:31-34 are Gospel promises made to them, and yet the Mystery being made known in a more clearer light shows that Gentiles partake of the same promises Eph3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Christ is the Mediator of that Covenant and its promises Heb 8:6-13

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Sp this Unconditional Covenant to Israel Elect includes Elect Gentiles from the Nations.

beloved57

So its through this grafting in the Branches of the Gentiles into Elect Israel, making them also Elect Israel, thats how or in what manner all Elect Israel shall be saved Rom 11:25-26

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

This is the Church, the Body of Christ the Mediator of the New Covenant.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So its through this grafting in the Branches of the Gentiles into Elect Israel, making them also Elect Israel, thats how or in what manner all Elect Israel shall be saved Rom 11:25-26

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

This is the Church, the Body of Christ the Mediator of the New Covenant.
God's covenant is with Israel and it will never be broken.

beloved57

It was prophesied that Gentiles would be called by the name Israel, foretelling the inclusion of the them into Elect Israel Isa 44:5

5 One shall say, I am the Lord's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, and surname himself by the name of Israel.

This is the fulfillment of the Abrahamic Promises to include Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

This is linked to Isa 44:1-4

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

Thats why the Spirit came as the blessing of Abraham upon the Gentiles Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

So Gentiles can call themselves Israel as Per Isa 44:5

5 One shall say, I am the Lord's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, and surname himself by the name of Israel.

This is a Spiritual reality, nothing to do with the natural.

marke

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

God desires to give the water of life freely to those who ask for the gift.

Jeremiah 7:25
Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

Jeremiah 35:17
Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them: because I have spoken unto them, but they have not heard; and I have called unto them, but they have not answered.

1. Revelation 21:6
    And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
  2. Revelation 22:17
    And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

beloved57

Scripture affirms that called out Israel in the OT and the called out Church in the NT are One and the same. For instance Israel is call the Church Acts 7:38

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with athe angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively coracles to give unto us:

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scripture affirms that called out Israel in the OT and the called out Church in the NT are One and the same. For instance Israel is call the Church Acts 7:38

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with athe angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively coracles to give unto us:

where do you find God breaking His covenant with Israel?

beloved57

Israel is “the church in the wilderness.” The New Testament word for the church, ekklesia, is used by Stephen and by the Spirit of God who speaks through him.

Also The Spirit inspired the writer to use the definite article with church Emphasizing the one and only ἐκκλησίᾳ

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You don't seem to understand that God will NEVER break His covenant with Israel. There is no replacement for Israel!
The New Covenant was dedicated by Jesus, Hebrews says that Heb8:13 " In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

I don't read 'replacement' in Romans 11 it's grafting branches into one plant. The original branches had come off, and there are wild branches, and they are both grafted into the original plant, which sustains both the unnatural branches and the original natural branches which had come off.

When those natural branches which had come off the plant, are grafted back into their natural plant Paul says that it will be like "life from the dead" (Ro11:15). A 'resurrection'.

Ephesians 1:5 " Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," this is what God wants, He wants to adopt every one of us as His children, and it is through Jesus that the Father accomplishes this.

There's only one plant.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The New Covenant was dedicated by Jesus, Hebrews says that Heb8:13 " In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

I don't read 'replacement' in Romans 11 it's grafting branches into one plant. The original branches had come off, and there are wild branches, and they are both grafted into the original plant, which sustains both the unnatural branches and the original natural branches which had come off.

When those natural branches which had come off the plant, are grafted back into their natural plant Paul says that it will be like "life from the dead" (Ro11:15). A 'resurrection'.

Ephesians 1:5 " Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," this is what God wants, He wants to adopt every one of us as His children, and it is through Jesus that the Father accomplishes this.

There's only one plant.
And what is the name of that plant?

Right Divider

Body part
There are TWO foundations laid by/on Christ.
1Cor 3:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. (3:11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
The twelve and the one were given TWO different ministries, both are in/on Christ.

Paul was careful NOT to build on THEIR foundation.
Rom 15:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
I know full well that you will not understand this, but it might help someone else.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
There are TWO foundations laid by/on Christ.

The twelve and the one were given TWO different ministries, both are in/on Christ.

Paul was careful NOT to build on THEIR foundation.

I know full well that you will not understand this, but it might help someone else.
You missed it. The natural branches broke off. They are grafted in to Christ just like the wild branches are. We're all in the same boat, all being adopted as sons and daughters by the Father through Christ.

beloved57

In his paper on the role of Israel, Rev Stewart shows how OT Covenant Promises to National Israel are fullfilled to the Church of the NT by the Head of the Church, Christ:

The Role of Israel (3)

Most premillennialists and all dispensationalists apply the predictions of the OT prophets to ethnic Israel which they believe is to be restored spiritually in a future earthly millennium. One way to evaluate their system is to examine OT prophecies concerning Israel which are interpreted and applied by the Holy Spirit in the NT. Last time we considered Amos 9:11-15 and its explanation in Acts 15:13-18. This time we turn to the great promise of Jeremiah 31: “[31] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] … and I will remember their sin no more.”

With whom is the “new covenant” to be made when “the days come” (31)? It is to be made “with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah” (31, 33), that is, with those whose “fathers” God brought “out of the land of Egypt” (32). Thus, interpreting Jeremiah 31:31-34 literally and without reference to any other part of Scripture, the new covenant is to be made with national Israel and Judah (a “house” [31] and “people” [33]), the descendants of those whom God redeemed from Egypt. No mention is made of the Gentiles or a catholic church at all.

However, Jeremiah 31:31-34 is understood by the NT writers very differently. The citations in Hebrews 8:8-12 and 10:16-17, in their contexts, teach us that the new covenant is established upon the sacrifice and intercession of Jesus Christ, the heavenly high priest after the order of Melchizedek. Thus the Holy Spirit declares, “Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation” (9:28). Can this be restricted just to ethnic Jews? Moreover, though the writer to the Hebrews has much to say about the new covenant and its relationship to Christ’s blood and His heavenly priesthood and kingship, he has nothing to say about any future earthly millennium for the physical descendents of Jacob.

When He instituted the Lord’s Supper, Christ had Jeremiah 31 in His mind: “this is my blood of the new testament [covenant], which is shed for many” (Matt. 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20). Christ’s new covenant blood redeemed His people from “every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation” (Rev. 5:9). Thus Paul tells the largely Gentile church in Corinth that at the Lord’s Table they drink “the new testament [i.e., covenant] in [Christ’s] blood” (I Cor. 11:25). Clearly, “Israel” and “Judah” in Jeremiah 31 refer to the catholic church of the NT redeemed in Christ, and not merely ethnic Jews either in our days or in a future millennium.
Rev. Stewart