Halloween is Pagan? So is eating Pork!

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Hard to believe that nobody posted this passage. Bright Raven did post ACTS 10:15.

Acts 10:9-16 New International Version.

Peter’s Vision
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

This forum is full of people who post one liners or even one word replies. People just don't put any time or effort into posting good replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." (Acts 10:28 NKJV)​

JonahofAkron

Hard to believe that nobody posted this passage. Bright Raven did post ACTS 10:15.

Acts 10:9-16 New International Version.

Peter’s Vision
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

This forum is full of people who post one liners or even one word replies. People just don't put any time or effort into posting good replies.

Agreed. This includes you, though. I can see you haven't done your homework either. The rest of that story concludes with Peter declaring exactly what the meaning of the vision is and it has nothing to do with food. Acts 10:17-28 and in particular verse 28. It is about not calling people unclean.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Agreed. This includes you, though. I can see you haven't done your homework either. The rest of that story concludes with Peter declaring exactly what the meaning of the vision is and it has nothing to do with food. Acts 10:17-28 and in particular verse 28. It is about not calling people unclean.

Is that why Peter was hungry and the voice/Spirit commanded Peter to "kill and eat"? The verse you quoted is mox nix. Doesn't matter. And thanks for the detailed explanation. It's typical of forum Christians to post derogatory remarks rather than just ADD understanding to the forum.

There are several ways to understand this passage. You haven't done your homework either. And I don't have a problem saying you're only half right. There are about four different interpretations of Acts 10. This passage shows Peter a few things. It's the end of ceremonial law. These creatures are no longer unclean, and Jews now have liberty to all these creatures.

The passage can also be understood as, there is no longer Jew or gentile and that Jews can now fellowship with them. One message of this passage is Jews are no longer restrained from eating such meats under the OT law. Or is that just too simple for you to understand.

Basically. It's a passage declaring the end of Jewish ceremonial law.

So maybe it's you that hasn't done their homework!

JonahofAkron

Is that why Peter was hungry and the voice/Spirit commanded Peter to "kill and eat"? The verse you quoted is mox nix. Doesn't matter. And thanks for the detailed explanation. It's typical of forum Christians to post derogatory remarks rather than just ADD understanding to the forum.

There are several ways to understand this passage. You haven't done your homework either. And I don't have a problem saying you're only half right. There are about four different interpretations of Acts 10. This passage shows Peter a few things. It's the end of ceremonial law. These creatures are no longer unclean, and Jews now have liberty to all these creatures.

The passage can also be understood as, there is no longer Jew or gentile and that Jews can now fellowship with them. One message of this passage is Jews are no longer restrained from eating such meats under the OT law. Or is that just too simple for you to understand.

Basically. It's a passage declaring the end of Jewish ceremonial law.

So maybe it's you that hasn't done their homework!

Negative, Ghost Rider. Those are unfounded interpretations that have no other support in Scripture. When God said forever, He probably meant that. Heaven and earth have yet to pass away, unlike what Tet says.

Paul didn't understand that 'end of the ceremonial law' thing since he takes place in sacrifices in Acts 21, but, hey, I don't do my homework. What do I know?

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
The passage does not mark the end of the Law.
It marks the end of the seventy sevens (490 years) prophecy from Daniel 9.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. No passage has dumfounded, confused, and misled Christian eschatologist more than the classic futurist misinterpretation of Daniel 9.

JonahofAkron

Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." (Acts 10:28 NKJV)​

It's apparently 'mox nix', Jamie....

JonahofAkron

Faith in Christ Jesus.

That's what sets us free from the law of sin and death.

So wait.... You can explain the law of the Spirit that gives life as being something concretely absent of the Law, but when I respond with something of the same sort, you refuse to accept it? Ridiculous. It is as I said. And we do frequently choose our own joy over His: that's the human condition.

JonahofAkron

Faith in Christ Jesus.

That's what sets us free from the law of sin and death.

And so we are clear, I do agree with this phrase. You are correct here.

You are not correct in your evaluation of the law of sin and death: it is most certainly our sinfulness and the rightful death from our transgressions.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Negative, Ghost Rider. Those are unfounded interpretations that have no other support in Scripture. When God said forever, He probably meant that. Heaven and earth have yet to pass away, unlike what Tet says.

Paul didn't understand that 'end of the ceremonial law' thing since he takes place in sacrifices in Acts 21, but, hey, I don't do my homework. What do I know?

Unfounded? No wonder you're misled! Hey! While you're at it. Show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21! Acts 21 is the only other place the word apostasy is used, and every nearly Christian I know could learn a good lesson about IT and ceremonial law in Acts 21.

Paul was arrested for bringing Greeks into the Temple, but show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21!

I should also mention that Acts 21 is proof that the Jews had trouble accepting the end of ceremonial law and it took a while for them to accept it. Paul took part in a cleansing ceremony but explains...

"The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them."

And this...
1 Corinthians 9:20: And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law.

JonahofAkron

Unfounded? No wonder you're misled! Hey! While you're at it. Show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21! Acts 21 is the only other place the word apostasy is used, and every nearly Christian I know could learn a good lesson about IT and ceremonial law in Acts 21.

Paul was arrested for bringing Greeks into the Temple, but show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21!

Well.... I apologize. I got worked up. It's not there.

JonahofAkron

It's in Acts 18. He takes a vow and part of the vow is a sacrifice. He pays for the other gentlemen in the vow to get their sacrifices.

JonahofAkron

I should also mention that Acts 21 is proof that the Jews had trouble accepting the end of ceremonial law and it took a while for them to accept it. Paul took part in a cleansing ceremony but explains...

"The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them."

Ah. I see.

So you agree?

JonahofAkron

And this...
1 Corinthians 9:20: And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law.

Stop with the edits. New posts please.

With that stance, you make Paul a liar in order to win some. Hardly a way to prove your point

JonahofAkron

Is that the best you can do??? I wouldn't expect any MORE from somebody from Texas! I wish it were "a whole other country!"
I don't get it. Does that mean I win? You're not willing to address my posts and you are making fun of where I live? Weird.