Guns!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Unpublished CDC Study Confirms More than 2 Million Defensive Handgun Uses Annually​

... guns were used defensively by victims about 3.6 times as often as they were used offensively by criminals ...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Unpublished CDC Study Confirms More than 2 Million Defensive Handgun Uses Annually​

... guns were used defensively by victims about 3.6 times as often as they were used offensively by criminals ...

From the article:

"Now, a CDC study conducted on data from 1996, 1997, and 1998 has been uncovered. The study, which was never released to the public, shows approximately 2.46 million DGUs per year."

Now why would the CDC want this information censored from their fellow brainwashed leftists?

ok doser

From the article:

"Now, a CDC study conducted on data from 1996, 1997, and 1998 has been uncovered. The study, which was never released to the public, shows approximately 2.46 million DGUs per year."

Now why would the CDC want this information censored from their fellow brainwashed leftists?
I can't imagine 🤔

Right Divider

Body part
From the article:

Why is this report coming from the CDC in the first place?

What does this have to do with disease?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I always found it curious they don’t call it the Center for Disease Prevention.

Apparently their main interest is in Controlling "diseases."

I'm guessing part of it is that "C-D-C" sounds better than "C-D-P."

But other than that, disease prevention isn't always possible, only control, which does include, to some extent, prevention...

I'm sure when the CDC was originally created, there was no malicious intent implied by "controlling diseases."

ok doser

Awww. How are they going to push their agenda if they can't lie about it?

The Associated Press directed media outlets to avoid using the term “assault weapons” in a Wednesday tweet from its AP Stylebook account.

“The preferred term for a rifle that fires one bullet each time the trigger is pulled, and automatically reloads for a subsequent shot, is a semi-automatic rifle,” the AP said in a graphic included in the Twitter post. “An automatic rifle continuously fires rounds if the trigger is depressed and until its ammunition is exhausted.”

“Avoid assault rifle and assault weapon, which are highly politicized terms that generally refer to AR- or AK-style rifles designed for the civilian market, but convey little meaning about the actual functions of the weapon,” the graphic said.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Look at the AP being all responsible and trying to avoid partisan electioneering rhetoric. Almost like they're trying to be a professional, respectable journalist organization or something. Crazy.

ok doser

Not news to me but good to see people talking about it.

Women are the largest group of new gun owners (42%) over the past five years in the U.S., according to preliminary data from a study by Harvard University's School of Public Health.
The percentage of new female gun owners reportedly increased by 14 percent over the five years. Roughly 3.5 million women became new gun owners between January 2019 and April 2021.

ok doser

Gun Control Groups Upset at Good Guy With a Gun Stopping Mass Shooter​

Julio Rosas | Jul 18, 2022 5:30 PM

Gun Control Groups Upset at Good Guy With a Gun Stopping Mass Shooter

Source: AP Photo/Michael Conroy

Greenwood Police Chief James Ison has called the man who shot and killed a mass shooter at an Indiana mall a hero but gun control groups are upset it was a regular citizen who stopped more bloodshed since it goes against their narrative.

🤔

qv5hg (1).jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Gun Control Groups Upset at Good Guy With a Gun Stopping Mass Shooter​

Julio Rosas | Jul 18, 2022 5:30 PM

Gun Control Groups Upset at Good Guy With a Gun Stopping Mass Shooter

Source: AP Photo/Michael Conroy

Greenwood Police Chief James Ison has called the man who shot and killed a mass shooter at an Indiana mall a hero but gun control groups are upset it was a regular citizen who stopped more bloodshed since it goes against their narrative.

🤔

View attachment 3940
:unsure: Can't please everybody....

Uvalde Police Criticize Indiana Mall Armed Citizen For Not Waiting Around Outside For An Hour

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I heard the responsible citizen is a 22 year old man, he hit the (presumed suicidal) mass murderer with 8-out-of-10 shots, and from 40 yards away.
Yup...His Grandpa taught him to shoot. :)

...And then he practiced...Alot. :cool: I might have been able to duplicate his performance when I was in my prime, but I doubt I could have bested him.

:unsure: I'm going to go out on a limb here and also say he's also got what has been referred to as a "cold nerve". He doesn't rattle, doesn't slip into condition black, doesn't go all tunnel vision. He's able to separate himself from his fears and concentrate on the job.

I say this due to the descriptions of his performance...Advancing on the target, steady aimed fire while simultaneously, not only being aware of others, but directing them to safety behind him.

Thank GOD he's on our side. :sneaky: