Guns!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
If you're going to be standing your ground, then having a bigger round like a 9 mm or a .380 ACP is probably your best bet, but if you can run for your rifle, which is really what the pistols and handguns are for, then a .22 LR is OK too. In the latter case, it has more to do with your rifle rounds than your handgun rounds.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you're going to be standing your ground, then having a bigger round like a 9 mm or a .380 ACP is probably your best bet, but if you can run for your rifle, which is really what the pistols and handguns are for, then a .22 LR is OK too. In the latter case, it has more to do with your rifle rounds than your handgun rounds.
It depends on what sort of a threat you're expecting to face I suppose. I have had jobs in the past where I might have benefited from having a concealed carry weapon on me. Evening /night type jobs, handling money, in the city - that sorta thing. At this point I'm not really thinking too much about SHTF type scenarios or Zombie Apocalypse, just the possibility of being confronted by a single bad guy at the ATM at midnight and what I would need to make him run away.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
It depends on what sort of a threat you're expecting to face I suppose. I have had jobs in the past where I might have benefited from having a concealed carry weapon on me. Evening /night type jobs, handling money, in the city - that sorta thing. At this point I'm not really thinking too much about SHTF type scenarios or Zombie Apocalypse, just the possibility of being confronted by a single bad guy at the ATM at midnight and what I would need to make him run away.
Sure. Completely reasonable. Also just being unarmed in American can't be shown to be unreasonable. I just think we have a right, and it's also wise to consider it a responsibility, to be prepared to defend our lives and limbs, and those of our families, and while we're at it those of other innocent people like all our neighbors. I'm not prepared for someone with a rifle, the best I can do is try to get to my own rifle, and that means attempting to have it nearer and nearer to me all other things being equal. Carrying it safely in my trunk, for instance. I might not be able to carry it into a public building, but at least if I can get back to the parking lot, I've got a rifle there. This is the best I can do long-term, since it will never be legal where I live to carry a long gun.

Last edited:

ok doser

Clay blocks vs 22 LR, 380 ACP and 9mm, fired from subcompact, subcompact and compact pistols, respectively.

3:00 22 and 380
4:58 9mm

Impressed by the 9mm, disappointed by the 380.

ok doser

Paying murderers not to murder

2:26 "a bold strategy"

🤔 where have I heard that before?

Hilltrot

ok doser

It's all about shot placement, right?

Someday I'd like to take a trip up that way - Athabaska, Yellowknife, Great Bear...

If Biden has his way and oil prices continue climbing the tar sands projects will be financially viable again and there will be a stream of Newfies heading back over to Alberta to work the oilpatch.