GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He starts to move his finger before the bolt is all the way forward. I suppose all do that when going rapid fire. But I haven't seen it before.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
He starts to move his finger before the bolt is all the way forward. I suppose all do that when going rapid fire. But I haven't seen it before.
Good eye. I noticed that he touched off the next round perfectly each time, in super-slo-mo the bolt looks like it's smoothly bouncing in and out of battery. He is inspiring, and a lot of fun to watch. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I changed my IWB holster. Like all old dogs that cannot be taught a new trick, I carry full size government model daily. There are some fancy rigs, but they are too big and there is too much going on. The first one I bought is soft and just has a belt clip. You get dressed, then drop it in. It was a soft pad fabric. Easy and comfortable. But holstering when out, like getting in and out of the car is difficult. So I went with the kydex. The quality is not as good as Uncle Mikes, in my opinion. The plastic is a little thinner. But it is molded to the shape and is exactly what I want.

And it has a pivot point with locking teeth to set the correct angle. Which is back to the right for a right hander. Which reminds me, here is a good video on the "FBI cant" which in general is wrong.

And girls, there are many purses out there with a pouch for carry. Don't be a victim and a statistic.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, the gun purses are the berries. You can actually be holding and pointing the gun while it appears all you are doing is resting your hand on your purse.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is an alternative point of view on a popular piece. I don't disagree with his conclusions. I don't use them either. But there are other reasons for it with my M-forgeries.

Lon

Yes, the gun purses are the berries. You can actually be holding and pointing the gun while it appears all you are doing is resting your hand on your purse.
:think: I might have to start carrying a purse.... :think:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Nick M+ What is the best pistol for me to get? I like the Walther PPKS .380

Knowing nothing about you, I will say a Glock 19. Think of it like needing transportation. If you just need a ride, the top selling car in the world, the Toyota Corolla gets it done without failures, bells, or whistles. You will have 15 shots in the magazine, which will get you out of a bad situation, which is certainly possible any day and any time here in the Lou.

So does the Glock 19.

Always test shoot things first. You can't do that in a store like Cabelas. You have to like how it feels in your hand. You will be able to feel perceived recoil. The Glock has one short coming as all products do. You can't fix stupid. If this is happening to you, and the trainer says you are holding it tight enough, find another trainer.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't get out gunned. Step up to the 6.8. Yes, that is an elk, brought down by an AR-15, not an AR-10.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Lon

:think: I might have to start carrying a purse.... :think:
Sorry for the less than macho humor. It struck me that women sometimes have pretty cool stuff. Being able to defend yourself without an attacker even knowing its coming? Priceless. For everything else, there's MasterCard.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get a cane gun, like that the ones that have been brought into Rich Harrison's shop on Pawn Stars.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like this. They are back ordered. It reminds me of perhaps 2 decades ago when the idea of 2 shot burst for an A3 or A4 was being floated and talked about.

I know you are wondering. It is legal, it is not NFA controlled. It fires one shot when you pull the trigger and hold it to the rear. A "machine gun" will fire until you release the trigger or run out of ammunition. This fires when you pull the trigger and fires when you release the trigger. So it is not a machine gun. He was pulling the trigger fast, and doing a mechanical double tap.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you don't read gun blogs, you might have missed that Illinois based Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory were caught not opposing a bill they were exempt from that forced excessive licensing onto dealers and vendors. It certainly seems like a stab in the back. That is what I own. RRA M4s and SA 1911.

The bill is an attempt to force weapon manufacturing and selling out of Illinois. Illinois has a serious case of the stupids.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cliff notes: She ran her mouth and paid the price. Shut up people. He was caught and charged, and rightly so.