GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine.....

Lon

What a load of bovine excrement.
Religion doesn't make discrimination acceptable or justifiable.
You are skirting the profanity rule.

As far as the other, you aren't correct. It isn't just Christianity. Many Jews moved back to Israel because of this. Many Amish still live apart from the world and carry out business only between themselves.

I don't know why me baking 'you' a cake is a right. It is just me, providing a service, for whoever I choose to do so with. I would not, by example, write about other sins in a positive manner on a cake. I would not write the Lord's name as a curse, though this very law can fine me for being discriminatory. I would not write a profanity on a cake, though this very law can fine me for being 'discriminatory.' The fact is, my religious convictions do cause me to be discriminatory: "...in the world but not of it."

Again, you are mistaken, convictions often have us choosing not to hang around certain people and they aren't always religious. What if I don't want to bake a cake with a bong on it? "Sorry, you have to!" The law isn't fair at this point because I might have a relative harmed by this activity.
It is wrong to not take into account 'why' someone has a hard time with certain kinds of people and activities. A lot of our vets have a hard time around groups they had to fight against. To be completely insensitive to discrimination, is itself hurtful and discriminatory.

You are trying to force others to share your convictions. It ain't gonna happen but you are an oddball in thinking it 'should' happen. You are nobody's center for morality that we should desire to be like you or 'need' to be like you. You are a strange guy.

Learn to say it without being profane or with only a cursory once-over glance that requires nothing of you than your standard 'nuh uh' retort.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nothing, they were who decided to lie and say they dont allow certain things that they do.

It would be perfectly fine with me if they didnt want to serve people who dont think gay is ok, provided those who dont think its ok has the same right to deny service.

I am just showing they are hypocrites.

You don't seem to be following what's going on here. All they've done is put their rights as business owners into action. Being angry when this kind of action is directed at bigots may annoy you but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

You guys are big fans of freedom until it's used against you.

Lon

You don't seem to be following what's going on here. All they've done is put their rights as business owners into action. Being angry when this kind of action is directed at bigots may annoy you but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

:doh: You really aren't getting this, Granite.

genuineoriginal

That's just ridiculous. No one eliminated the right to own property. They were required to pay a fine.
It appears you are woefully ignorant of what the right to own property means.

If you ignore the people that they were discriminating against. Which I know you're eager to do.
Refusing service is one of the rights that comes with the right to own property.
Having to pay a large fine for exercising your property rights is nothing more than tyranny.

Lon asked about...the law. I answered regarding...the law. I noticed that you didn't take issue with his relying on the law.
Lon appeared to be referring to the United States Constitution as written with the intentions of the writers.
He is right that the courts are in violation of the United States Constitution, which puts the free exercise of a person's religious beliefs as a fundamental right.
There is nothing in the United States Constitution nor in its amendments that overturns that fundamental right to force the citizens to violate their religious beliefs, even if there is a sexual pervert that wants to do business with them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The whole point being that liberals institutions are allowed to discriminate, but Christian businesses are not..

Granite

Hall of Fame
The whole point being that liberals institutions are allowed to discriminate, but Christian businesses are not..

Even if this were so it'd only mean you guys...are trying desperately to act exactly like the same people you oppose.:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
It appears that you have just said that Christians are no different than sodomizers and other sexual perverts.

Hey man, you're the ones demanding the "right" to act apparently like the people you hate. I ain't the one with envy, or a problem.:chuckle:

"We wanna discriminate, too! Just like the baby-eating Beelzebub-worshiping liberals!":wazzup:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
attachment.php

Sexual sin ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:13]) is fiercely defended in our culture (Is. 47:10, Luke 23:2, 14).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You just showed you are who doesnt get it.

genuineoriginal

Hey man, you're the ones demanding the "right" to act apparently like the people you hate. I ain't the one with envy, or a problem.:chuckle:

"We wanna discriminate, too! Just like the baby-eating Beelzebub-worshiping liberals!":wazzup:
Let's review the situation.
  1. Homosexual activists target Christian business and request the Christian business owners cater their pretend "wedding".
  2. Christian business owners refuse to accept money from Homosexual activists for a pretend "wedding" due to deeply held religious convictions protected by the Constitution.
  3. Homosexual activists take Christian business owners to court
  4. The courts fines the Christian business owners $135,000 for refusing to take a couple hundred dollars from the homosexual activists.
  5. The Christian business owners request crowd funding on a crowd funding website for the money to pay the fine imposed by the court.
  6. A competitor lodges a complaint against the Christian business owners on the crowd funding website in an attempt to gain a larger share of the market.
  7. The crowd funding website terminates the request for crowd funding.
  8. Some Christians on a discussion website (TOL) say that what has happened to the Christian business owners is not right.
  9. A complete idiot mocks the Christians on the discussion website and claims that they are acting like homosexuals.

zoo22

It's so insane listening to folks complain about losing their freedom to discriminate against homosexuals when really, their end game is that homosexuals be put to death.

I can only imagine what GO and the rest of the "our sincere religious belief is that homosexuals are executed" posse would be screaming about if people were publically advocating that Christians be executed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's so insane listening to folks complain about losing their freedom to discriminate against homosexuals when really, their end game is that homosexuals be put to death.

I can only imagine what GO and the rest of the "our sincere religious belief is that homosexuals are executed" posse would be screaming about if people were publically advocating that Christians be executed.

Im sorry, that topic has nothing to do with this thread. Please complain about your opinion about that, on your thread about executing homosexuals, thanks.

zoo22

Im sorry, that topic has nothing to do with this thread. Please complain about your opinion about that, on your thread about executing homosexuals, thanks.

You don't think that Christians advocating executing homosexuals based on "sincere religious belief" has anything to do with Christians crying about their precious freedom to discriminate against homosexuals? I suppose it's pretty unsavory, and I can understand why folks would want to keep the two separate... Even though of course, they come from exactly the same page (and verse).

Okay.

The Christian bakers broke the law, and the fundraising for the Christian bakers broke the website's rules. Their being booted fom the site has nothing to do with the site "discriminating" against poor persecuted bigot Christians, as evidenced by the poor persecuted bigot Cristian pizza shop supporters being perfectly free to raise their hundreds of thousands of dollars on the very same site, without being removed. As your link specifically said.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You don't think that Christians advocating executing homosexuals based on "sincere religious belief" has anything to do with Christians crying about their precious freedom to discriminate against homosexuals? I suppose it's pretty unsavory, and I can understand why folks would want to keep the two separated even though of course, they come from exactly the same page (and verse).

Okay.

This is the third time now you have come into one of my threads and tried to hijack the topic to that. (executing homos) (ive never advocated for execution of homosexuals and in fact in the poll you like to link others to, i voted no on that clearly)

I don't appreciate it, my topics have nothing to do with that, please stop doing this. Are you not getting what you want from your own thread?

The Christian bakers broke the law, and the fundraising for the Christian bakers broke the website's rules. Their being booted fom the site has nothing to do with the site "discriminating" against poor persecuted bigot Christians, as evidenced by the poor persecuted bigot Cristian pizza shop supporters being free to raise their hundreds of thousands of dollars freely on the very same site, without being removed (as your link specifically said).

You clearly haven't read the thread.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Blanket statement anyone? Sloppy debate tactic. It's called a red herring.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That much is clear.

As well as the countless other lawbreakers being allowed to raise $ there that do not seem to be a problem. They should just be honest about it, they are cowards who dont have the nerve to stand up for what they really believe.