George Floyd Body Cam - You Make The Call!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Video from the police officers' body cams showing first contact with George Floyd up to the point where they put him on the ground.

Put yourself in the officers' shoes and describe exactly how YOU would have proceeded with dealing with George Floyd based on this new video evidence.

way 2 go

Video from the police officers' body cams showing first contact with George Floyd up to the point where they put him on the ground.

Put yourself in the officers' shoes and describe exactly how YOU would have proceeded with dealing with George Floyd based on this new video evidence.

do you need a medic ?

ok doser

do you need a medic ?

They asked him repeatedly if he was on something and he denied it.

And somewhere in the process they did call for paramedics I'm not sure exactly when.

These have to be the least favorite encounters that police have to deal with - mental health emergencies and criminals on drugs.

way 2 go

They asked him repeatedly if he was on something and he denied it.

And somewhere in the process they did call for paramedics I'm not sure exactly when.

they should not have been kneeling on someone they called medics for

These have to be the least favorite encounters that police have to deal with - mental health emergencies and criminals on drugs.

what was he being arrested for ?

The Berean

I saw the entire video earlier today. Clearly, Floyd was on drugs and completely disoriented. Still, that does not absolve the police officers of his death. But from that video his death doesn't seem racially motivated IMO.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I saw the entire video earlier today. Clearly, Floyd was on drugs and completely disoriented. Still, that does not absolve the police officers of his death. But from that video his death doesn't seem racially motivated IMO.

There is also the fact that Floyd had a prior working relationship with the officer who killed him. If I understand correctly, they worked security together at a club and by all accounts they definitely did not get along. So there was a personal beef between those two that probably needs to be factored into the equation. And then he was whacked out on drugs and refusing to comply with the police. To that extent, I think you're right that this wasn't merely a random case of racially motivated police brutality. But it was the spark that set off a massive powder keg in the midst of a perfect storm.

ok doser

Tucker Carlson makes a strong point in suggesting that the level of fentanyl in his system as per the autopsy results was certainly high enough to have triggered respiratory distress. When the police first tapped on the window of his car he may have been starting to have difficulty breathing and he can be heard clearly stating "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" long before he was on the ground with a knee on his neck.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
he can be heard clearly stating "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" long before he was on the ground with a knee on his neck.

If Floyd could be heard clearly stating "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" long before he was on the ground, then that is just all the more reason why the officer should not have pressed his knee against Floyd's neck after he had Floyd horizontal with his hands cuffed behind his back.

way 2 go

Pretty sure they beat Rodney king with Billy clubs
rodney was tazed 3 times , got up from his hands & knees and close lined a cop HARD
then the beating began

Which would be good motivation for resisting arrest
did you hear George say to the cops before he got out of the car
that his Mom Just died ... yes but that was 2 years ago

God's Truth

Tucker Carlson makes a strong point in suggesting that the level of fentanyl in his system as per the autopsy results was certainly high enough to have triggered respiratory distress. When the police first tapped on the window of his car he may have been starting to have difficulty breathing and he can be heard clearly stating "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" long before he was on the ground with a knee on his neck.

He started saying he couldn't breath way before he was on the ground. No wonder the police didn't believe him.

ok doser

He started saying he couldn't breath way before he was on the ground. No wonder the police didn't believe him.

As other officers have been saying - if you can say "I can't breathe", you're breathing. And they asked him repeatedly if he was on something. If he was having a reaction to an overdose of fentanyl that would have been the time to say "oh yes, by the way, I am overdosing on fentanyl"

God's Truth

As other officers have been saying - if you can say "I can't breathe", you're breathing. And they asked him repeatedly if he was on something. If he was having a reaction to an overdose of fentanyl that would have been the time to say "oh yes, by the way, I am overdosing on fentanyl"

He sure was acting bizarre, but the two people that were with him seemed calm.

I don't think though that being able to say you can't breathe means you aren't having trouble breathing; however, he was saying it as a way to get out of going in the police car.

God's Truth

So you think he was having trouble with breathing from the fentanyl? Maybe he probably didn't want to say he was on drugs because he didn't want to get in trouble for it. I wonder if the two people that were with him will say whether or not he was having problems breathing before the police came.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
As other officers have been saying - if you can say "I can't breathe", you're breathing.

It could also mean that he was experiencing tightness of breath, and was having difficulty breathing.

If he was having a reaction to an overdose of fentanyl that would have been the time to say "oh yes, by the way, I am overdosing on fentanyl"

Yeah, it would have. That's still no excuse for putting a knee to the back of his neck and apparently pressing rather hard at times, for upwards of 10 minutes, after he was face down and cuffed with his arms behind his back.