General Sports Thread

drbrumley

The Golden State Warriors continue to blow teams out. The would again last light 126-113 vs the Houston Rockets. The Warriors are now 34-6 W-L. Rookie head coach Steve Kerr was named coach of the Western Conference All-Star team. :banana:

Nine Years Ago Tonight Kobe Bryant Dropped 81 On The Raptors

[YT="Watch All of Kobe's 81 Points in 3 Minutes]FeXZY4eVLlo[/YT]

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It isn't time for a college football thread, so bumping this one will do.

Florida might finally have a QB. They have been lacking since Meyer left. And he got to QBs to overachieve big time in Christ Leak and Tim Tebow. Luke Del Rio was solid in the spring. He first went to Alabama, then Oregon State. Now, he is at Florida. Jim McElwain will be hard to beat when his offense isn't 3 and out. This doesn't mean they are ready to topple Alabama. Yes, he is the son of former linebacker Jack Del Rio.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chris Berman is retiring at the end of the 2016 season. He ranks up there as my favorite sports anchor. I can't think of anybody better right now.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ole Miss has a 52 page notice of allegations on there hands in regard to their cheating. Including grade tampering.

The Berean

Chris Berman is retiring at the end of the 2016 season. He ranks up there as my favorite sports anchor. I can't think of anybody better right now.

Wow, this is big news. Berman has been with ESPN since it began in 1979. By the way I didn't know Berman is 6'5".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, this is big news. Berman has been with ESPN since it began in 1979. By the way I didn't know Berman is 6'5".

One headline (not story) said ESPN is not renewing him. That is very plausible knowing he makes more per year than half the NFL. The story did not indicate they are cutting him, just the headline. The story said he is in his 60s and he is just done. He isn't going some place else at this time.