Funny? (terrorist prank)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Admittedly funny on tape, however, I am surprised the guy *didn't* get arrested or shot for this.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sigh. Does anyone remember the days when a prank consisted of calling someone up and asking them if their refrigerator was running?

Or teepeeing the next door neighbor's house ...

elohiym

You will have to describe what happened in the video because the YouTube account has already been terminated.

Lon

As a youth pastor, we had a group of college age come into our group meeting, yell that a guy with a chainsaw was going crazy with him outside with a real chainsaw. They threw the lights and the next thing he was in the room running through the crowd and I felt warm splatter. I was moving through the crowd to tackle him and take him out, no matter what happened to him, I was going to save as many of my kids as I could. That guy has no idea how tragic his prank could have gone, a chair against his skull could have placed him in a comma the rest of his life. I was not amused. One of our kids had seen her brother, I think it was, shot by a drive by in front of her. She went right back into PSTD and I'll have a hard time ever forgiving those dopes for being so thoughtless and frankly, stupid.

Not to brow-beat, just, For me? Not funny. Apologies for being the downbeat to the thread. Some of us have been that close to real death that a prank that threatens life, even if only in a backpack isn't funny. It is a guy that 1) is hurting another (why it is probably removed from Facebook so quickly as very inappropriate) and 2) potentially, actually, life-threatening for himself, and 3) institutionalizing potentially, for his victim. As soon as it gets to a person who is related to 911 or is a vet, or was at the Boston Marathon, or anybody with any kind of PTSD/anxiety disorder, it goes to horrible and thoughtless for me, very quickly.

People who haven't been this close to the actual thing, don't understand so I have patience and understanding, but I'll try to give my perspective. There are GREAT pranks that hurt nobody that I'd much rather see. These and crass verbal jokes hurt my soul.

1PeaceMaker

Proverbs 26:18, 19

Like a madman who throws Firebrands, arrows and death, So is the man who deceives his neighbor, And says, "Was I not joking?"…

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

As a youth pastor, we had a group of college age come into our group meeting, yell that a guy with a chainsaw was going crazy with him outside with a real chainsaw. They threw the lights and the next thing he was in the room running through the crowd and I felt warm splatter. I was moving through the crowd to tackle him and take him out, no matter what happened to him, I was going to save as many of my kids as I could. That guy has no idea how tragic his prank could have gone, a chair against his skull could have placed him in a comma the rest of his life. I was not amused. One of our kids had seen her brother, I think it was, shot by a drive by in front of her. She went right back into PSTD and I'll have a hard time ever forgiving those dopes for being so thoughtless and frankly, stupid.

Not to brow-beat, just, For me? Not funny. Apologies for being the downbeat to the thread. Some of us have been that close to real death that a prank that threatens life, even if only in a backpack isn't funny. It is a guy that 1) is hurting another (why it is probably removed from Facebook so quickly as very inappropriate) and 2) potentially, actually, life-threatening for himself, and 3) institutionalizing potentially, for his victim. As soon as it gets to a person who is related to 911 or is a vet, or was at the Boston Marathon, or anybody with any kind of PTSD/anxiety disorder, it goes to horrible and thoughtless for me, very quickly.

People who haven't been this close to the actual thing, don't understand so I have patience and understanding, but I'll try to give my perspective. There are GREAT pranks that hurt nobody that I'd much rather see. These and crass verbal jokes hurt my soul.

Yep, it's a horrible thing to do...akin to yelling fire in a crowded theater. Those guys deserve whatever they get, and I hope they get it soon before it becomes a fad.