Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

You are not speaking what the Bible says. Look at the scripture. Jesus says plainly that the one who obeys, he will love and reveal himself.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."
You just turned that scripture on its head.

Truster

Any particular verses?

I've read it. Is there anything you want me to consider about John 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were asking about being born again or rather born above. Messiah explains why there is a need. I thought it might be of use, if not interest.

ClimateSanity

You have no idea of what the word commandment refers to in this verse. The word obey is also beyond your ken.

You read this verse as being a command to do something, while in actual fact, it is a statement of fact. That those found doing these things can rest assured they are loved. Not will be loved "if" they obey.
That's how the verse ought to be understood. The sin obsessed and in bondage person interprets her way.

Truster

Atheist. a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/atheist

Agnostic. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/agnostic

These are the definitions I had in mind, as provided at dictionary.com. If you have other definitions in mind, then neither of us are wrong, we're just thinking different fruit.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No dictionary would give you the correct translation of atheist.

ClimateSanity

I was an addict for 30 years. From the age of 13 to 43. I have been set at liberty from sin, judgment and therefore addiction.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.

I shall admit that I thought you were the age your sons must be, if not younger. My humble apologies for treating you as such.
Yes. Addiction is driven by bondage to sin and the resulting feeling of judgement.

Saxon Hammer

Human emotional love and agapé are on hugely differing levels and abilities to share. Agapé is the love of Elohim for man and of man for Elohim. It is more often than not confused, as you have done, with philia – brotherly love .

No I think it is you who have read INTO my words BUT this is no cause for argument. I understand your reference loosely (I will dig further) and do grasp the concerns you raise. However I am man and can only speak as man in the ministry of God all around and in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.