ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I should clarify that. She claims she is a believer. I just don't believe her. It's a question of the liberty we have in Christ Jesus as opposed to the bondage of the law as per Galatians.

You are wrong there.

Your railing against Gods law is because you refuse to leave Babylon and serve the Lord in His Kingdom, which you know next to nothing about.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No. I've already been forgiven of ALL my sins.

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
gloryd

The result of it is, believing ! The greek word for believe πιστεύω is a verb ! When Paul told the Jailor to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ Acts 16:31 He was telling him to perform an action, for the word believe is in the greek here an imperative. In case you dont know what an imperative is, heres its definition:

The imperative mood is a command or instruction given to the hearer, charging the hearer to carry out or perform a certain action.

Now fo you deny that believing is a performing of a action by the hearer ?

True.

Even the devil believes but he will never obey Christ.

Neither will some here do so, but they are confident in the beliefs and do not cast themselves upon Jesus Christ, preferring the way of the lost Pharisees.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

LA

Hebrews was written to the, "Hebrews." Not to the gentle believers
(The Body of Christ)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are wrong there.

Your railing against Gods law is because you refuse to leave Babylon and serve the Lord in His Kingdom, which you know next to nothing about.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

LA

You're ALWAYS a little bit silly, aren't you? The rest of
the time, you're just plain ignorant.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
1) Hearing the Grace Message. (Paul's Gospel)
2) Placing my faith in Christ as my Savior.
3) Being sealed, indwelt and baptized into
the Body of Christ.
4) And, receiving the righteousness of Christ.

but where does it say all your sins are forgiven?
and
does this mean you don't sin anymore?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
and

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

1 Corinthians 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
and

Colossians 2:13 states: "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;"

2 Corinthians 5:21 states: "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

The flesh sins. However, if you're in the Body of Christ, you have the
"Righteousness of Christ."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

1 Corinthians 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

and

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Chrys, since you won't accept Scripture as proof of the
true believers forgiveness, mercy, and eternal life then,
perhaps you need to search elsewhere other than on TOL?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews was written to the, "Hebrews." Not to the gentle believers
(The Body of Christ)

So you regard the Body of Christ to be only Gentile.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Too bad you are such an unbeliever.

LA

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I accept scripture
but
I don't accept your interpretation

why don't you accept the prayer Jesus taught us?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post

What a rude and arrogant comment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I accept scripture
but

For one thing, Jesus was speaking to the lost sheep of the
House of Israel. Another thing was, Jesus was giving that
particular prayer as an "Example" of a structured prayer
that could be given. Your problem is, your church doesn't
know how to "Rightly Divide" God's Holy Written Word.

If you "honestly" desire to know what the Bible has to say
to us today, read and study Paul's writings. (Romans through
Philemon)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I accept scripture
but

Us?

How do you fit 'us' into the context of these verses?

Joh 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mat 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen[Gentiles] do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

The Kingdom in the context of Mt 6 is the OT prophetically promised Messianic Kingdom of David over the twelve tribes:

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 6:11 Give us[Israel] this day our daily bread[as GOD gave them manna in the wilderness].
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our[Israel] debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us[Israel] not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father[Israel's GOD] forgive your trespasses.

Context, context, context!