ECT For those who believe God requires works to be or stay saved

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The whole world was redeemed and restored to it's proper relationship with God, irrespective of man's works, was it not?

Redeemed from what, might I ask?

redeemed from not being saved under any conditions

we were all redeemed
so
we might be saved

Arsenios

Works are determining salvation.

Yes, but you need to capitalize Salvation,
for it is God's Gift of Himself to man,
which He gives to man by Grace,
according to man's works
as they are seen by God...

As He caused to be written:

"I will have Mercy on whom I will have Mercy."

O Lord Jesus Christ...
Son of God...
Have Mercy on me...
The sinner...

Arsenios

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, but you need to capitalize Salvation, for it is God's Gift of Himself to man, which He gives to man by Grace, according to man's works as they are seen by God...

As He caused to be written:

"I will have Mercy on whom I will have Mercy."

O Lord Jesus Christ...
Son of God...
Have Mercy on me...
The sinner...

Arsenios

that works for me

Arsenios

The whole world was redeemed and restored to it's proper relationship with God, irrespective of man's works, was it not?

Redeemed from what, might I ask?

In part it was, but we still sin and die...

Sin and death are not our "proper relationship with God."

But Life and Joy IN Him are...

We have an earnest...

The rest is yet to come...

Redeemed from what?

From a life of sin...

All that is not of God is sin...

Arsenios

Cross Reference

redeemed from not being saved under any conditions

we were all redeemed
so
we might be saved

Ok. Lets make it perfectly clear: Jesus redeemed man from the curse brought on by Adam's transgression. In this Jesus can be seen to be the new Adam of a new creation, built upon the foundation of redemption, to those who believe the facts of it all by what Jesus accomplished on the cross. In other words, man was made innocent by redemption and can now go on to made holy as originally intended for Adam. In this was it no different for Jesus who is now man's example and the way to success in the divine purposes which God has laid out for and in Himself, i.e., to fill man with the fullness of the Godhead.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Ok. Lets make it perfectly clear: Jesus redeemed man from the curse brought on by Adam's transgression. In this Jesus can be seen to be the new Adam of a new creation, built upon the foundation of redemption, to those who believe the facts of it all by what Jesus accomplished on the cross. In other words, man was made innocent by redemption and can now go on to made holy as originally intended for Adam. In this was it no different for Jesus who is now man's example and the way to success in the divine purposes which God has laid out for and in Himself, i.e., to fill man with the fullness of the Godhead.

is that the way you clear things up?

man was not made innocent by redemption
what do you mean by that?
we are still sinners before and after redemption
the difference
is
we now can be saved
but
it depends on what we do

Cross Reference

is that the way you clear things up?

man was not made innocent by redemption
what do you mean by that?
we are still sinners before and after redemption
the difference
is
we now can be saved
but
it depends on what we do

Why not read for comprehension what I wrote as it applies to Adam's transgression and get back to me.?

Let me give you a "kick start":

Jesus redeemed man from the curse brought on by Adam's transgression. In this Jesus can be seen to be the new Adam of a new creation, built upon the foundation of redemption, to those who believe the facts of it all by what Jesus accomplished on the cross. In other words, man was made innocent by redemption and can now go on to made holy as originally intended for Adam. In this was it no different for Jesus who is now man's example and the way to success in the divine purposes which God has laid out for and in Himself, i.e., to fill man with the fullness of the Godhead.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
God indeed requires obedience. It is the duty of all. Fortunately, Our Lord perfectly fulfilled all the law of God in our stead and God the Father graciously imputes that One's active and passive obedience, declaring justified, to any who will call upon His name.

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"

AMR
Where does the Bible say that Christ "fulfilled all of the law of God IN OUR STEAD"?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus was speaking to the House of Israel. Paul was sent to
the gentiles with Christ's message of God's Grace towards
man.
LA, and many, many others, have a 'story' and they don't care what the Bible says or how much what it actually says contradicts that 'story'.

Take the book of John for instance. At the end of it, John explains why he wrote it.
Joh 20:30-31 KJV And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: (31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Please NOTE the missing CROSS.

"Life through His NAME" is not the same thing as "Christ and Him crucified".
1Co 2:1-2 KJV And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grace is all that it takes. Works are not necessary.

Ephesians 2:8-9 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift—
9 not from works, so that no one can boast.

Cross Reference

Don't answer a question with a question.

If you think that you know something, say it.

Why not?? Your question was wanting. It needed help. What do you believe redeeming is all about except to release one from bondage. So who and what was required for that to be acceptable in the Mind of God???

If Jesus was qualified, in order to be so, He had to have fulfilled all of the Law. Now do you understand?

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Grace is all that it takes. Works are not necessary.

Ephesians 2:8-9 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift—
9 not from works, so that no one can boast.

What is the purpose of salvation? In other words, why does God save people?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA, and many, many others, have a 'story' and they don't care what the Bible says or how much what it actually says contradicts that 'story'.

Take the book of John for instance. At the end of it, John explains why he wrote it.
Joh 20:30-31 KJV And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: (31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Please NOTE the missing CROSS.

"Life through His NAME" is not the same thing as "Christ and Him crucified".
1Co 2:1-2 KJV And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Christ was crucified so you could have life in His Name.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Why not?? Your question was wanting. It needed help. What do you believe redeeming is all about except to release one from bondage. So who and what was required for that to be acceptable in the Mind of God???
No, actually my question was completely legitimate.

Answering a question with a question is for little children.

If Jesus was qualified, in order to be so, He had to have fulfilled all of the Law. Now do you understand?
Support this with scripture. Thanks.

God's Truth

Question:

What is their purpose? How do works figure in to you getting or staying justified, to the point that without works you will be lost? What is it exactly that your works do for you, or for God, or both?

Jesus is the Way to the Father. We must do what Jesus says to do to get to the Father.

We have to drink Jesus' blood and eat his flesh to have life.

We do that by believing and obeying.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.