ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

turbosixx

The old "context" "Hail Mary," from a Roman.

And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Do it-Read it-"all things in common."

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Do it.

Fraud. Con artist. To whom do you think you talking? You're uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow, at TOL junction?

If you see a Christian in need, will you not help him?

turbosixx

Irrelevant. You "argue:" Obey Jesus!!!!!

Do it. Sell it all. Show yourself to a Levitical priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded.

How is it irrelevant? Your telling me to show myself to a Levitical priest. In the light of that I think it's a fair question. When did the law of Moses end?

john w

Hall of Fame
How is it irrelevant? Your telling me to show myself to a Levitical priest. In the light of that I think it's a fair question. When did the law of Moses end?

You "argue" "Obey Jesus"-do not ignore His commands. "Jesus" said to you, to show yourself to a Levitical priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, and sell all you have, and have all things in common.

Do it.
Do we have the option to follow Jesus' commandments or can we ignore them?

Why do you "ignore" His commands?

turbosixx

No you don't. If you did, you wouldn't be trying to walk in accordance with Israel's Gospels...something none of us can do and God doesn't want us to try to do.

I do agree with what you said but I see a hole in the logic. Part of that hole is when did the law of Moses end? When did the Jews first hear the gospel that saves?

turbosixx

You said "Obey Jesus." "Jesus" said to you, to show yourself to a Levitical priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, and sell all you have, and have all things in common.

I agree he said to do that because that was the law of Moses which the people and Jesus himself were under. When did the law of Moses end? If you answer that question I think we can move forward.

john w

Hall of Fame
I agree he said to do that because that was the law of Moses which the people and Jesus himself were under. When did the law of Moses end? If you answer that question I think we can move forward.

So, you agree that we can ignore His commands, in Matthew-John? Yes, or no. You framed the "argument."

turbosixx

So, you agree that we can ignore His commands, in Matthew-John? Yes, or no. You framed the "argument."

He followed the law of Moses and told others to do the same because that is the law they lived under. Jesus did not teach the law of Moses, he taught his law and about the kingdom.

27(Law of Moses) “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 (Christ's law) But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

When did the law of Moses end?

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus did not teach the law of Moses, he taught his law and about the kingdom.

You lied. He taught right out of the law, deceiver.He taught only what God the Father told Him to teach-right out of the OT.

Matthew 22 KJV
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Luke 10 KJV

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Mark 12 KJV

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

___

Deuteronomy 6:5 KJV And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deuteronomy 10:12 kjv And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Deuteronomy 11:13 KJVAnd it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deuteronomy 13:3 KJVThou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Leviticus 19 KJV
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,........

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

I'm done with you-you're a deceiver, con artist, charlatan, who would not know the difference between the book of Esther, and Aunt...........

lawanda-page.jpg

God's Truth

The point isn't when the Law ended. Christ walked under the Law. You're seeking to know Him (by obeying Him) in that aspect.

Paul says you can't.

How can you be saved, believing as you do?

Paul does not say we can't obey Jesus.

Paul taught the exact same thing that John the baptizer taught.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Matthew 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

turbosixx

Matthew 22 KJV
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

He's not teaching here but answering someone's question. Context.

I'm done with you-

Ok

john w

Hall of Fame
He's not teaching here but answering someone's question. Context.

That's your choice.
No, as the Lord Jesus Christ told me, in His book, I have no further obligation towards you, or any other child of the devil/deceiver,such as yourself.

john w

Hall of Fame
Context.
Matt. 22:35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him.

Right out of the OT, devil child:

Matthew 22 KJV

You: My daddy the devil says, "Deny!!!"