ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

musterion

I don't understand why we cannot.

1. Because He wasn't speaking to or about you or me.

2. Because He spoke AGAIN from Heaven, via Paul, with a whole new body of doctrine, the revelation of the mystery, which superseded and deactivated, for now, everything He'd taught before, all of which focused on God's purpose for redeemed Israel (which is also not you or me).

3. Because It is by THAT body of doctrine the believer today is established, and in no other way.

4. Because to reject that body of doctrine is to reject Him because one cannot know Him according to the flesh; i.e. as Messiah of Israel.

5. The saving Good News today is that He died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification. If you believe anything other than that, or seek to add even one particle of Law to it, which you're doing when you go "back to the Gospels" for your way of life, you're lost.

john w

Hall of Fame
They were not put to death because they didn't sell all their possessions.

=assert, pound the podium, declare "victory!," return to "I showed him" echo chamber.

I laid it out, "connecting the dots," giving chapter, verse, and what do we get from you, your "contribution?" A NADA "post."

Contrasts.

turbosixx

Thanks for the comment.

Command given: Mt. 19:21 KJV, Mk. 10:21 KJV, ;Luke 12:33 KJV, 18:22 KJV

These verses are not a command to sell all possessions. Jesus is teaching us not to put our trust in material things but to put our trust in God.

Mk. 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

We are not to covet material things.
Luke 12:15 And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

We are not to treasure material things.
Luke 12:21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Will you not help a Christian in need?

john w

Hall of Fame

Jesus didn't tell everyone to be a traveling minister.

So, you admit that not all of the commands given by the Lord Jesus Christ, while on earth, are directed toward everyone specifically, and not all of them are about everyone, specifically, and not all of them, are for everyone's obedience-correct?

She won't touch that, as I've asked her that question, over 50 times, over the years, in response to her "out pitch" of "Jesus didn't tell everyone to be a traveling minister," when she is challenged on her "I obey all of God's/Jesus's teachings/commands" claim/scam/con job/hypocrisy.

Watch the spin, deceit....

turbosixx

Then you'll go to Hell because you're failing to keep Law, and you know what happens if you trip up on just ONE point, much less the several you fail at.

Everything He, in the flesh, said, taught and commanded - which you are trying to obey - was under Law.

When did the law end?

turbosixx

=assert, pound the podium, declare "victory!," return to "I showed him" echo chamber.

I laid it out, "connecting the dots," giving chapter, verse, and what do we get from you, your "contribution?" A NADA "post."

Contrasts.

They were put to death for lying to God, not because they didn't sell all their possessions.
4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to man but to God.”

Peter says when it was unsold it was his, not everyone's. Peter said after it was sold it was under his disposal, not the church.

john w

Hall of Fame
I obey them all to the best of my ability. I'm not perfect so I do fall short. Thanks to the grace of God as a Christian I am covered through Jesus' sacrifice.

I don't see those verses pulled out of context as a commandment to sell our things and give to the poor. The heart of what Jesus is teaching there is to be careful of covetousness and putting our trust in material things instead of trusting God to sustain us as we see in the context leading up to "sell your possessions" and "where your treasure is".

If we look at the example of the church selling their possessions and giving to those in need, Peter doesn't condemn Ananias for not following a command to sell your possessions. Peter tells him before he sold the land it was his and after being sold the money was at his disposal. He was under no obligation to sell and after selling to give all the money to those in need.

Spin-do it:

Mark 1:44 KJV And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

musterion

When did the law end?

Paul said not even those who may have known Him according to the flesh could know Him in that way any longer. If they could not, certainly we can't. But that's exactly what you try to do when you go back to the four Gospels.

The ONLY way to know Him now is according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25, Eph 3:8-9).

That precludes going back to Israel's Gospels to get doctrine to walk by, which is exactly what you're doing.

turbosixx

1. Because He wasn't speaking to or about you or me.

2. Because He spoke AGAIN from Heaven, via Paul, with a whole new body of doctrine, the revelation of the mystery, which superseded and deactivated, for now, everything He'd taught before, all of which focused on God's purpose for redeemed Israel (which is also not you or me).

3. Because It is by THAT body of doctrine the believer today is established, and in no other way.

4. Because to reject that body of doctrine is to reject Him because one cannot know Him according to the flesh; i.e. as Messiah of Israel.

5. The saving Good News today is that He died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification. If you believe anything other than that, or seek to add even one particle of Law to it, which you're doing when you go "back to the Gospels" for your way of life, you're lost.

Thanks for laying this out. The question that comes to my mind is if the gospel that brings salvation was to the Jew first, when did they hear it first?

musterion

Thanks for laying this out. The question that comes to my mind is if the gospel that brings salvation was to the Jew first, when did they hear it first?

The question you need to be worried about is whether you're saved right now at this moment.

If you're trusting in what you do based on what He taught in Israel's Gospels, you're lost.

turbosixx

Paul said not even those who may have known Him according to the flesh could know Him in that way any longer. If they could not, certainly we can't. But that's exactly what you try to do when you go back to the four Gospels.

The ONLY way to know Him now is according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25, Eph 3:8-9).

That precludes going back to Israel's Gospels to get doctrine to walk by, which is exactly what you're doing.

I agree with all of this. So when do you see the law of Moses coming to an end?

john w

Hall of Fame

These verses are not a command to sell all possessions. Jesus is teaching us not to put our trust in material things but to put our trust in God.

Yes, they are-you lied.They sold it all...left it all....including Peter leaving his family, including his wife.

You lie, spin deceit.
Mk. 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Not written about you, nor directed towards you.

Thief. Robber. Stealing others's mail, claiming it is to you.
We are not to covet material things.
Luke 12:15 And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

Quite irrelevant. That's slick....real slick...create a moving target.
We are not to treasure material things.
Luke 12:21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Quite irrelevant. That's slick....real slick...create a moving target.
Will you not help a Christian in need?

False dichotomy....Are you still beating your fellow Christians in need?

Fun! I can frame the question/issue, deceptively, like you did.

You're a deceiver, engaging in sophistry, deceit. My evidence? Your deceitful "posts."

God's Truth

Paul said not even those who may have known Him according to the flesh could know Him in that way any longer.

That is not an order from Paul not to obey what Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

If they could not, certainly we can't. But that's exactly what you try to do when you go back to the four Gospels.

That is outrageous.
Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

Jesus Christ is the mystery that had been hidden.

Jesus came and gave guidelines and regulations for a new Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the new Covenant.

Paul is a minister of that new Covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

turbosixx

The question you need to be worried about is whether you're saved right now at this moment.

If you're trusting in what you do based on what He taught in Israel's Gospels, you're lost.

I'm confident I'm saved now. I believe the gospel.

I'm sorry but I can't help but wonder how this fits in what you're telling me. Paul said the gospel that brings salvation was to the Jew first. When do you see the Jews hearing it first?

john w

Hall of Fame
They were put to death for lying to God, not because they didn't sell all their possessions.
4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to man but to God.”

Peter says when it was unsold it was his, not everyone's. Peter said after it was sold it was under his disposal, not the church.

Sell all you have. Do, it, deceiver. And sell all of your 401(k), 403(B), 401(A), 457......Sell it all.

Sell your home. Have all things in common, as directed by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do it.

Fraud. Con artist.

turbosixx

Spin-do it:

Mark 1:44 KJV And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

When did the law of Moses end? or has it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Sorry but it's context of the verses in question.

The old "context" "Hail Mary," from a Roman.

And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Do it-Read it-"all things in common."

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Do it.

Fraud. Con artist. To whom do you think you talking? You're uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow, at TOL junction?