Faith to believe on Christ !

Hoping

Banned
That's in your imagination !
Cornelius had faith before he had even heard of salvation in the name of Jesus Christ.

BTW, all of the pre-resurrection era were natural men in the flesh, like David, Moses, Abraham, and Jacob.
The Rom 8:8 teaching is true, however, as none of those men could live without sinning.
I thank God that era is over.

glorydaz

Cornelius had faith before he had even heard of salvation in the name of Jesus Christ.

BTW, all of the pre-resurrection era were natural men in the flesh, like David, Moses, Abraham, and Jacob.
The Rom 8:8 teaching is true, however, as none of those men could live without sinning.
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Oh, so you're saying David and Abraham could not please God?

Hoping

Banned
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Oh, so you're saying David and Abraham could not please God?
They were in the flesh, so compared to NT converts, (those walking in the Spirit and reborn of God's seed), no, they could not.
If they could have pleased God, there would have been no need for a NT.

glorydaz

They were in the flesh, so compared to NT converts, (those walking in the Spirit and reborn of God's seed), no, they could not.
If they could have pleased God, there would have been no need for a NT.
Reborn of God? God's seed?
NT, which is God's covenant with Israel?

Abraham, the Father of Faith, didn't please God?
He didn't please God when he offered up Isaac?
David, a man after God's own heart didn't please God?

Acts 13:22
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

Hoping

Banned
Reborn of God? God's seed?
What don't you understand about rebirth, or of whom we are reborn?
You have heard that Jesus said "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)?
NT, which is God's covenant with Israel?
It is also God's covenant with all who come to Him, regardless of national origin.
Abraham, the Father of Faith, didn't please God?
He didn't please God when he offered up Isaac?
David, a man after God's own heart didn't please God?
Both were men who were not reborn of God's seed.
No man could be perfect before God until they can be reborn of God's seed.
Abraham and David both committed sin.
Fortunately for Abe, there was no Law yet to be judged by, and David had the works of the Law for his sins to be resolved.
Acts 13:22
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
Obviously written of the time before he had Uriah killed and he took his wife.
Murder, adultery, theft; none of which is "after God's heart".

marke

What don't you understand about rebirth, or of whom we are reborn?
You have heard that Jesus said "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)?

It is also God's covenant with all who come to Him, regardless of national origin.

Both were men who were not reborn of God's seed.
No man could be perfect before God until they can be reborn of God's seed.
Abraham and David both committed sin.
Fortunately for Abe, there was no Law yet to be judged by, and David had the works of the Law for his sins to be resolved.

Obviously written of the time before he had Uriah killed and he took his wife.
Murder, adultery, theft; none of which is "after God's heart".
You have strange ideas. Abraham's righteousness never depended on keeping the law and neither is it imperative that Christians keep the law to be saved.

Hoping

Banned
You have strange ideas. Abraham's righteousness never depended on keeping the law and neither is it imperative that Christians keep the law to be saved.
There was no "Law" yet while Abraham lived.
So his righteousness was between him and God.
Christians do naturally what the unconverted Jews needed a rule book for.
We, the converted, by the grace of God, have been given a divine nature to keep us going the right direction.
Not to mention His Spirit.
God's OT Law is written on our hearts in these two commands...Love God with all your strength, and, Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
By our obedience to those two commands of Jesus Christ, we can show from whom we have been reborn.

marke

There was no "Law" yet while Abraham lived.
So his righteousness was between him and God.
Christians do naturally what the unconverted Jews needed a rule book for.
We, the converted, by the grace of God, have been given a divine nature to keep us going the right direction.
Not to mention His Spirit.
God's OT Law is written on our hearts in these two commands...Love God with all your strength, and, Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
By our obedience to those two commands of Jesus Christ, we can show from whom we have been reborn.
Nobody gets saved by keeping the law and nobody goes to hell simply for breaking the law. Sinners get saved by receiving the knowledge of the truth at the preaching of the Holy Spirit or sinners go to hell for rejecting the preaching of the Holy Spirit as He enlightens their hearts and minds.

Hoping

Banned
Nobody gets saved by keeping the law and nobody goes to hell simply for breaking the law. Sinners get saved by receiving the knowledge of the truth at the preaching of the Holy Spirit or sinners go to hell for rejecting the preaching of the Holy Spirit as He enlightens their hearts and minds.
If a man says he is a believer, but goes and kills someone, was he really a believer?
How about if he tells a lie?
Commits adultery?
Steals?
By getting converted, (saved), sinners become ex-sinners.

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God, the fruit of the Spirit, so anyone having Faith that pleased God, had to be born of the Spirit, because they which are in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Hoping

Banned
Faith is the Gift of God, the fruit of the Spirit, so anyone having Faith that pleased God, had to be born of the Spirit, because they which are in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
I thank God for keeping the minds of fleshly minded men free to make the choice to believe in Him.
I thank Him for not leaving me in the flesh, and for providing the means to walk in the Spirit instead.
I was in the flesh when I first believed, and not long after I met a man who told me what to do next with that belief.

beloved57

Faith in Christ is a gift from God with Christ, because of what Christ did at the cross on your behalf of those He died for Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

To believe on Christs name is one of those things freely given to those people Christ was delivered up for.

beloved57

The faith, therefore, of God’s people is a gift, or the result of divine power. It is called ‘the faith of the operation of God’ Col 2:12, that is, it is the result of God’s ‘operation.

Same truth taught in Eph 1:19-20

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead
, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

2 Pet 1:3

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue

Remember acknowledging the Truth is after godliness Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness

beloved57

Our faith in Christ is the fruit and result of the omnipotent power, irresistible grace, and effectual call of God the Holy Ghost. Its Gods Power drawing men and women to Faith in Christ Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

marke

Our faith in Christ is the fruit and result of the omnipotent power, irresistible grace, and effectual call of God the Holy Ghost. Its Gods Power drawing men and women to Faith in Christ Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
What the Bible does not say:

I will draw men unto me except those I do not want to be saved so I can burn them in hell forever for not coming unto me.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Hoping

Banned

People who serve sin are not drawn to any other King.
Jesus said "No man can serve two masters, He will love the one and hate the other." (paraphrased Matt 6:24)
Those who serve sin hate God.

beloved57

People who serve sin are not drawn to any other King.
Jesus said "No man can serve two masters, He will love the one and hate the other." (paraphrased Matt 6:24)
Those who serve sin hate God.
You probably believe that faith in Christ is the product of the flesh, the natural man correct ?

Hoping

Banned
You probably believe that faith in Christ is the product of the flesh, the natural man correct ?
Faith is the result of what I had seen and heard. (Rom 10:17)
Thanks be to God my belief eventually brought me to the folks who would guide and teach me, from the bible, as to what I should do and not do henceforth.
I was still in the flesh when I herd about walking in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
My flesh was crucified, (Gal 5:24), at my baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, (Acts 2:38): after which, I walked in the Spirit.

beloved57

Faith is the result of what I had seen and heard. (Rom 10:17)
Thanks be to God my belief eventually brought me to the folks who would guide and teach me, from the bible, as to what I should do and not do henceforth.
I was still in the flesh when I herd about walking in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
My flesh was crucified, (Gal 5:24), at my baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, (Acts 2:38): after which, I walked in the Spirit.
You probably believe that faith in Christ is the product of the flesh, the natural man correct ? Simple Yes or No please.