Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Now understand something, a persons receiving Christ, is a actual consequence or effect of grace given through the Spirit, and founded on Gods Love and Election.

marke

Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Now understand something, a persons receiving Christ, is a actual consequence or effect of grace given through the Spirit, and founded on Gods Love and Election.
God was not angry with OT Jews who knew nothing about God, but His wrath was kindled against His people He had shown multiple blessings yet they rebelled against what they know was the truth. They were not in total blind ignorant darkness like hyper Calvinists like to think.

Psalm 78

34 When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.

35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

38 But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.

39 For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

40 How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert!

41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

beloved57

When Christ stated that it was His mission to give eternal life to as many as the Father hath given Him Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And that the same might know the True God and Jesus Christ, that meant that He would give them the Gift of Faith. For its only by the Gift of Faith does a sinner come to know the True God and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent.

John writes a similar statement in 1 Jn 5:20

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

marke

When Christ stated that it was His mission to give eternal life to as many as the Father hath given Him Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And that the same might know the True God and Jesus Christ, that meant that He would give them the Gift of Faith. For its only by the Gift of Faith does a sinner come to know the True God and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent.

John writes a similar statement in 1 Jn 5:20

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
God gives sinners the gift of life for a reason that is clearly outlined in the Bible. He condemns nobody to hell who does not reject the truth revealed to him by the Holy Spirit and He saves nobody who does not of his own free will turn to Him for forgiveness.

Leviticus 1:3
If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When Christ stated that it was His mission to give eternal life to as many as the Father hath given Him

... he was speaking about his disciples.

Jn 17:2-3

And that the same might know the True God and Jesus Christ,

Because Jesus, as He said in John 14, is the True God.

“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. - John 14:7-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:7-11&version=NKJV

that meant that He would give them the Gift of Faith.

No, that's you making stuff up.

For its only by the Gift of Faith does a sinner come to know the True God and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent.

Your nonsense is a result of conflating the New Covenant meant only for the House of Israel (Jews and Proselytes) and the gospel of grace meant for the Body of christ.

Jesus said:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. - John 5:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John5:24&version=NKJV

Get it?

"He who hears My word AND BELIEVES in Him who sent Me"

There's no such "gift of faith" mentioned.

A sinner comes to know the True God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent BY HEARING AND BELIEVING.

John writes a similar statement

Which doesn't say what you want it to say.

in 1 Jn 5:20

And not only does it not say what you want it to say, but it's not even FOR the Body of Christ. It's for the House of Israel. NOT the Body of Christ.

beloved57

... he was speaking about his disciples.

Because Jesus, as He said in John 14, is the True God.

“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. - John 14:7-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:7-11&version=NKJV

No, that's you making stuff up.

Your nonsense is a result of conflating the New Covenant meant only for the House of Israel (Jews and Proselytes) and the gospel of grace meant for the Body of christ.

Jesus said:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. - John 5:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John5:24&version=NKJV

Get it?

"He who hears My word AND BELIEVES in Him who sent Me"

There's no such "gift of faith" mentioned.

A sinner comes to know the True God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent BY HEARING AND BELIEVING.

Which doesn't say what you want it to say.

And not only does it not say what you want it to say, but it's not even FOR the Body of Christ. It's for the House of Israel. NOT the Body of Christ.
Not exclusively of the disciples, The Father gave Him more than just the disciples, He gave Him a multitude of people from every tribe, tongue, and nation. You think the disciples are the only ones Christ gives eternal life to ?

marke

Not exclusively of the disciples, The Father gave Him more than just the disciples, He gave Him a multitude of people from every tribe, tongue, and nation. You think the disciples are the only ones Christ gives eternal life to ?
What does God intend to do with those lost souls that God did not give to Jesus? Burn them in hell forever in white-hot wrath for refusing to do His will? Is it God's will for lost sinners to believe God or not? If not, then why does God condemn them if they do His will by refusing to believe God?

beloved57

When a sinner is drawn to Christ its synonymous with being given the gift of faith or believing on Christ. This is taught in scripture because those who are drawn come to Christ Jn 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now coming to Christ and believing on Christ are the same as we look at Jn 6:64-65

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

The word come erchomai does mean to follow Christ. Remember Jesus says that His Sheep shall follow Him Jn 10:27

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

So this coming to follow / by Faith believing is resultive of drawing. Drawing equates to the Gift of Faith being given.

marke

When a sinner is drawn to Christ its synonymous with being given the gift of faith or believing on Christ. This is taught in scripture because those who are drawn come to Christ Jn 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now coming to Christ and believing on Christ are the same as we look at Jn 6:64-65

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

The word come erchomai does mean to follow Christ. Remember Jesus says that His Sheep shall follow Him Jn 10:27

So this coming to follow / by Faith believing is resultive of drawing. Drawing equates to the Gift of Faith being given.
Nobody moves toward God before God moves towards them. Nobody can get saved before God draws them to Jesus for salvation, but God has promised to draw all men so that nobody will go to hell without first being offered salvation in Christ on God's terms.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When a sinner is drawn to Christ its synonymous with being given the gift of faith or believing on Christ.

False. This is not shown anywhere in scripture.

This is taught in scripture because those who are drawn come to Christ

No, it's not taught in scripture.

What IS taught in scripture is that if a man is not drawn, he cannot come, and if he IS drawn, he can refuse to come.

Jn 6:44

"Drawing" and "coming" are two very different things.

Even drawn people can refuse to come.

Now coming to Christ and believing on Christ are the same

This is called question begging. It's a logical fallacy. You cannot assume the truth of your position in order to prove your position.

as we look at Jn 6:64-65

The word come erchomai does mean to follow Christ. Remember Jesus says that His Sheep shall follow Him

And how does one become a sheep? By listening to the voice of the Father. If one refuses to listen, they close their ears, and their heart grows calloused. Their loss of hearing isn't from birth, it's only through hearing the words of God and constantly refusing to listen that one becomes deaf.

Jn 10:27

Those who are sheep are sheep because they listened to the Father who drew them.

They chose to come after being drawn, rather than covering their ears and eyes.

So this coming to follow / by Faith believing is resultive of drawing.

Coming is ONE of the results of drawing. You have yet to show that it's the ONLY result of drawing. Until you do, this:

Drawing equates to the Gift of Faith being given.

... has not been established.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes it is.

No, it's not.

Faith/Belief of the truth accompanies and is resultive of the Sanctification of the Spirit,

Accompanies, yes.

But "resultive" it is not. Faith comes by hearing, B57.

You cannot be saved if you haven't heard, believed, and called upon the name of the Lord (Romans 10). Those things come FIRST. THEN God saves.

its plain as the noon day sun!

Only to those who have the glasses of calvinism firmly attached to their eyes, and who refuse to take them off.

To those of us who DON'T have those blinders on, we can see clearly that faith is a result of hearing, hearing is a result of a preacher preaching.

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

You missed it:

God from the beginning chose people for salvation through sanctification and belief.

In other words, one was "chosen" through being set apart and believing.

"Being set apart" here (sanctification) is a process, it's not just "I hereby separate you from the rest of the world, now you're sanctified."

To believe the Truth one must be set apart by the Spirit !

In other words, NOT through effectual work of regeneration.

It's when one believes that one is marked "in Him."

Watch this:

beloved57

By Donald Martin Sr:

“To them which have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.” II Peter 1: 1 The word “obtain” is unique in its scriptural application, which defined by the English language means: “to attain, possess, or gain.” In Peter’s epistle, he declares as he writes to the Asian believers that they HAVE OBTAINED this like precious faith. Faith being defined as the “substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 1:1) is a supernatural gift of grace alone. Man, by nature, is faithless in the state of total and absolute depravity through sins dread curse. “For without faith it is impossible to please God” (Heb. 11:6). Therefore, in order to please God, one must have “obtained” this gift of grace called faith. Knowing that the absolute sovereign grace of God can only dispense such glorious gift upon undeserving souls, faith is that attribute which causes the heir of divine grace to lay hold upon the person of our Lord Jesus Christ as the only Saviour of sinners. When one is revealed that faith is a fruit of the Spirit , it manifest that without the Spirit abiding within the child of God through regeneration and the new birth it is impossible to believe that God is who He says He is and the rewarder of them which diligently seek Him. The scriptures further indicate that Jesus Christ is the Author and Finisher of our faith (Heb. 12:2), therefore, He alone causes faith to occur and evidenced within the elect heir of free and sovereign grace. Consider that when we shall see our Lord and Saviour in immortal glory, faith will have finished its work, for we shall see Him as He is, and be like Him, immortal and incorruptible per the promise of Him who has called us with a Holy calling into the kingdom of His darling Son. How often have you heard sincere and earnest pleas “exercise your faith and come to Christ” by the neo-evangelical invitation? This is loading an impossible deed upon the hearts and minds of sinners. For faith is the evidence of life and until Spiritual life is granted the depraved alien sinner by the operation of the Holy Spirit they shall remain dead, deaf and blind to all spiritual declaration by any gospel minister. For the gospel shall only be heard by those chosen in Christ by the Father and quickened with hearing ears which manifest LIFE in the New Born heir of grace. “The gospel brings LIFE and IMMORTALITY to light” (divine revelation), the gospel does not nor cannot cause LIFE!!! The gospel is only good news to them which have been given a spiritual ear “to know the joyful sound” and rejoice in it. May God bless us to praise our Saviours righteous name for granting this so great gift of faith that we might be caused to believe on Him who alone gave himself for us on that tree as the ultimate sacrifice and redeemer of sinners per the predestined and determined will of God the Father, the Almighty sovereign who only hath immortality. http://www.gracechapelobrien.net/dem/Obtained Faith.pdf

marke

By Donald Martin Sr:

“To them which have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.” II Peter 1: 1

How does one find grace in God's eyes and obtain mercy?
One way Jesus gave was to show mercy if you want to obtain mercy.

Matthew 5:7
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

beloved57

GRACE, SALVATION, FAITH: THE GIFT OF GOD

Ephesians 2: 8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace
is a gift—grace is given from God to whomsoever God chooses, not based on anything in the sinner. (Rom 9: 11, 15, 16) Grace is not of works or it ceases to be grace. (Ro 11:6) God says of grace “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Salvation is a gift—“Salvation is of the Lord.” (Jon 2: 9) No aspect of salvation is performed by the sinner but by the triune God in Christ Jesus. Christ himself is Salvation. (Lu 2: 28-30) God says of salvation “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Faith is a gift—we have no reason to boast in our faith. If a heart surgeon put a new heart inside of you and you awoke to find yourself breathing, would you say, “Well at least I took a breath!” Breathing is the natural effect of life, without us making a concentrated effort to do it. Faith is the breath of the Spirit, the effect of Christ the Life dwelling in us. (Gal 2: 20) When God gives a new heart we find ourselves believing on Christ and cannot do otherwise. God says of faith “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” BY http://www.sovereign-grace.us/viewarticle.aspx?src=s&Message_ID=2362

marke

GRACE, SALVATION, FAITH: THE GIFT OF GOD

Ephesians 2: 8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace
is a gift—grace is given from God to whomsoever God chooses, not based on anything in the sinner. (Rom 9: 11, 15, 16) Grace is not of works or it ceases to be grace. (Ro 11:6) God says of grace “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

God gives grace to those who walk uprightly.

Psalm 84:11
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

God gives grace unto the lowly.

Proverbs 3:34
Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

By the grace and mercy of God Jesus tasted death for every man.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Salvation is a gift—“Salvation is of the Lord.” (Jon 2: 9) No aspect of salvation is performed by the sinner but by the triune God in Christ Jesus. Christ himself is Salvation. (Lu 2: 28-30) God says of salvation “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

God gives the gift of the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him for the gift.

Matthew 7:11
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

John 4:10
Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

How can unsaved sinners receive the gift of God? Peter said:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

God offers the free gift to all if they will come to Jesus by faith and ask to receive the gift.

Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Faith is a gift—we have no reason to boast in our faith. If a heart surgeon put a new heart inside of you and you awoke to find yourself breathing, would you say, “Well at least I took a breath!” Breathing is the natural effect of life, without us making a concentrated effort to do it. Faith is the breath of the Spirit, the effect of Christ the Life dwelling in us. (Gal 2: 20) When God gives a new heart we find ourselves believing on Christ and cannot do otherwise. God says of faith “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” BY http://www.sovereign-grace.us/viewarticle.aspx?src=s&Message_ID=2362

Faith comes from God but is increased by human diligence.

2 Corinthians 10:15
Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,

The smallest amount of faith can move mountains.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Little faith cannot be blamed on God. Little faith is the measure of the Christian's or sinner's faith if not increased by God because of some sin. Little faith is human faith, not God's. The following verses also focus on human faith, not God's faith imparted to humans:

Matthew 16:8
Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

Matthew 15:28
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Matthew 9:22
But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Luke 5:20
And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

beloved57

One of the fundamental truths of the scripture is that Faith in regards to Salvation is the Gift of God Eph 2:8; Phil 1:29; 2 Pet 2:1, hence its not an act of the unregenerate man or woman that anteceded being born again. Now if this wasnt the case we would have the anti scriptural teaching of a natural man in the flesh pleasing God Rom 8:8 and this prior to being born again. A man cannot believe in a spiritually conversion manner whilst still being spiritually dead and under the dictates and dominion of the flesh. If this were the case it would make Salvation a compensation for a mans work of the flesh, and not a Free Sovereign Gift from God, which it is.

marke

One of the fundamental truths of the scripture is that Faith in regards to Salvation is the Gift of God Eph 2:8; Phil 1:29; 2 Pet 2:1, hence its not an act of the unregenerate man or woman that anteceded being born again. Now if this wasnt the case we would have the anti scriptural teaching of a natural man in the flesh pleasing God Rom 8:8 and this prior to being born again. A man cannot believe in a spiritually conversion manner whilst still being spiritually dead and under the dictates and dominion of the flesh. If this were the case it would make Salvation a compensation for a mans work of the flesh, and not a Free Sovereign Gift from God, which it is.
Sinners cannot save themselves but neither can God save them without a reason or else He would make Himself a liar because He said He does not justify the guilty. By shedding His blood on the Cross Jesus made it possible for God to clear those guilty sinners who come to Him for forgiveness and salvation based upon His shed blood.

Hoping

Banned
Cornelius the centurion doesn't fit your mold.