Facebook Muslims react to London terror with joy

glorydaz

I wrote: No, it isn't. You just don't know how to meet it rationally so you do this in lieu of putting yourself in a position to be embarrassed by your presumption.

There's literally nothing wrong with the grammar and I dialed it down sufficiently so that the grade reading level required to understand it without any difficulty is around the senior year of high school (the fog index came in at 12.67, so a sharp, college ready senior then). But if you're having trouble all you have to do is say so and I'll happily break it into something more digestible for you.

Nothing condescending about that. :ha:

What isn't digestible is your ego. :vomit:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wrote: No, it isn't. You just don't know how to meet it rationally so you do this in lieu of putting yourself in a position to be embarrassed by your presumption

There's literally nothing wrong with the grammar ...

well, yes, there is

you don't define your terms, to start

i bolded them - undefined, they make it impossible to understand

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
well, no

you don't define your terms, to start

Since you used "supra" the other day after making an issue of TH using it, you really have no room to whine about the words he chooses. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've known lawyers who were not high-minded and condescending, so I don't think he can use that as an excuse.
High minded is typically used to note strong moral value or principle and condescension tends to be a good bit like beauty. Your problem, again, is that you're incapable of valuing any opinion that you don't share or originate and if the issue is important to you that approach extends to the person holding it. That's what devalues both your regard and critique. That's what made your exchange with Cruc's shadow funny. You two deciding if you liked one another by virtue of that litmus.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
well, yes, there is
You don't know what you're talking about. Cite to the rule and run that through any grammar check you like.

No, let me...I use a service to check longer academic works, prowritingaid.com and let's see what it has to say.

No, no grammar issues, though it tells me I could have lost "just" and used instead where I went with "in lieu".

They exist in a context that shouldn't allow for confusion. I'm not writing to someone happening by or in on the conversation.

i picture him with a live raccoon clinging to his face :)
:plain:

ClimateSanity

i picture him with a live raccoon clinging to his face :)
7a472ed58da71454e761e900c6b8e177.jpg

That's close to what i was referring to.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yes, it was unnecessary
Writing isn't only about what is "necessary".

"instead of" wouldn't have been nearly as pretentious as "in lieu of"
You just called a grammar program pretentious.

define what you mean by "your presumption"
No. You don't warrant it. Your conduct doesn't warrant this much, but when you decided to label a professional writing program pretentious I felt obliged. :)