Facebook is run by hypocrite leftist scumbags

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Facebook in Alabama is mostly a right wing feed. So if leftists are running it they're a house divided in terms of impact and use here.

musterion

It's not about content itself. It's about how identical content can be approved or censored by nameless FB hypocrites depending, not on the content itself obviously, but solely on their own political orientation.

musterion

Could it be fear of local reprisal?

Against whom?

If a mod at Facebook ticked you off enough for you to try to hunt them down, where would you start? Even if I thought that way, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Second, Muslims in Israel (many of them anyway) don't need valid excuses to seek 'reprisals' against Jews, nor a target actually related to the offense. SJS is worse there than anywhere else in the West (yes, Israel is a western nation).

This Charming Manc

Editorial policies across large organisation are rarely evenly and consistently implemented

What we have to answer is **** up or conspiracy?

You have no evidcne to suggest a conspiracy or intent, just one example of double standards in massive organisation.

Maybe instead of spending hours creating hate messages and complaining that they are not removed, maybe do something positive for someone somewhere?

It's not about content itself. It's about how identical content can be approved or censored by nameless FB hypocrites depending, not on the content itself obviously, but solely on their own political orientation.

PureX

Facebook is a huge business that can and does as it pleases with it's web site. Just as TOL is a tiny business that does as it pleases with it's web site.

Why should you expect Facebook to behave any differently than TOL does? Bias is everywhere, and business shouldn't be told what they can and can't do, right?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Facebook is a huge business that can and does as it pleases with it's web site. Just as TOL is a tiny business that does as it pleases with it's web site.

Why should you expect Facebook to behave any differently than TOL does? Bias is everywhere, and business shouldn't be told what they can and can't do, right?

:think: I am not seeing any difference.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Bias is everywhere, and business shouldn't be told what they can and can't do, right?

Absolutely correct, if you don't like the bias of a business than don't partake & start a business with your own preferred bias....it's the American way. Nobody owes you equal time, or unbiased service.

Granite

Hall of Fame

These guys defend a business's right to refuse service to certain people, not sure why they're complaining about Facebook running itself like what it is: A business.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These guys defend a business's right to refuse service to certain people, not sure why they're complaining about Facebook running itself like what it is: A business.

Well, FB is a business ... and it is *their* right.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You said you were Jewish on your mother's side:

According to Jews today, if the mother is Jewish, the son is Jewish.

I was not "raised Jewish." And I'm aware of the matrilineal bit (which frankly not all practicing Jews emphasize or even endorse) so I don't need a refresher, thanks very much.

I'm a halfie. Please don't presume to speak for me again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Awww man...

Start a new thread, and literally call it 20 Questions For Granite if you like. I really don't feel like derailing this one.:cheers:

The thread's about Zuckerberg and facebook.

Zuckerberg was raised Jewish (he had a bar mitzvah), and then converted to atheism.

You claim to be an atheist, and you said your mom was Jewish.

IMO, that means you and Zuckerberg have a lot in common, even though you said you weren't raised Jewish.

I find it very interesting how divided Liberals are on Jews and Palestinians.

Most Jews are Liberals, and most non-Jewish Liberals are pro-Palestinian. That makes for strange bedfellows.

Since your mom was Jewish, and your a Liberal, what's your stance on Jews and Palestinians?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The thread's about Zuckerberg and facebook.

Yep, musty went right off the rails.

Zuckerberg was raised Jewish (he had a bar mitzvah), and then converted to atheism.

So I've heard.

You claim to be an atheist, and you said your mom was Jewish.

I am and she is.

IMO, that means you and Zuckerberg have a lot in common, even though you said you weren't raised Jewish.

Last I checked we're both not billionaires married to Asian women. I'm wearing a hoodie right now, so there's that.:chuckle:

I find it very interesting how divided Liberals are on Jews and Palestinians.

Agreed.

Most Jews are Liberals, and most non-Jewish Liberals are pro-Palestinian. That makes for strange bedfellows.

Maybe it can be chalked up to the higher levels of empathy statistically likelier to be found among liberal-minded folks, or a discomfort with the nationalism inherent to Zionism.

Since your mom was Jewish, and your a Liberal, what's your stance on Jews and Palestinians?

My mom's got nothing to do with this discussion. As for the Palestinians by and large I think they're getting screwed and getting treated deplorably.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As for the Palestinians by and large I think they're getting screwed and getting treated deplorably.

I agree.

I'm one of the very few Christian Conservatives who believe the Palestinians were kicked out of their land by the Jews, and continue to be oppressed by the Jews and Israel.

or a discomfort with the nationalism inherent to Zionism

Yep, Progressive Liberalism does not like nationalism.

Yet most Jews are Liberals. The "Christian Right" all but worships Jews and Israel, but for some strange reason, the majority of Jews are Liberals.