Every day is a new circus.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Typical "Trump" - Elizabeth Warren is demonized over her claims to have an aboriginal heritage, while the current Saudi leader, implicated in the murder of a critic in its Embassy in Turkey, gets a presidential "free pass!"

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Typical "Trump" - Elizabeth Warren is demonized over her claims to have an aboriginal heritage, while the current Saudi leader, implicated in the murder of a critic in its Embassy in Turkey, gets a presidential "free pass!"
:mock: Trump haters.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This crossed my desk this morning:

Warren even submitted recipes to an American Indian cookbook called “Pow Wow Chow,” which was released in 1984 by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She signed her entries “Elizabeth Warren — Cherokee.”

While trying to run this down to verify, came across this:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rd-COPIES-famous-FRENCH-chefs-techniques.html

I suspect that will start to resurface in this ongoing debacle.

AMR

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Warren even submitted recipes to an American Indian cookbook called “Pow Wow Chow,” which was released in 1984 by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She signed her entries “Elizabeth Warren — Cherokee.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rd-COPIES-famous-FRENCH-chefs-techniques.html

AMR
Like I said, she's dumb. :chuckle:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Don't know much about it, though I've read several family members made contributions to it. Was it produced by a family member? :idunno:

I don't have a problem with Warren identifying as Cherokee for the book given what she was relying on at the time. I think, I know we approach identity and identification much differently these days than we did thirty years ago. I think if people start reaching for that it's just going to look a little desperate.

Whenever you see any group spending more time on the messenger it tends to mean the message is problematic for them. Not that it has to be an either/or.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

AMR

from your link:

In the 1990s, when Harvard Law came under fire for having a poor diversity-hiring record and a faculty dominated by white male professors, the school widely publicized Mrs Warren's alleged Native American roots.

In 1996, school paper the Harvard Crimson quoted a Harvard Law spokesperson saying that 'of 71 current Law School professors and assistant professors, 11 are women, five are black, one is Native American and one is Hispanic.'

Mrs Warren's camp has not responded to any of the allegations that she has been inflating her ancestry for the benefit of her career.

i don't see a problem if she states that she has native american heritage ancestry

(corrected - "heritage" suggests something other than the truth of her upbringing. Better to use the term "ancestry")

what i (and others - including legitimate native american spokespersons) see as problematic and dishonest is her claim to identify as native american

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ellison, a Libertarian who is expected to be the party’s candidate in the November midterm election...

Good thinking ... but the GOP needs to remind the homeless people that it is essential to keep their shotguns locked up in a safe place .... perhaps next to their Mercedes Benz ...

:think: Do Libertarians belong to the GOP now?

i suspect rusha saw that it was anna's op and just assumed it was anti-GOP or at least anti-trump :idunno:

usually a good bet

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
from your link:

In the 1990s, when Harvard Law came under fire for having a poor diversity-hiring record and a faculty dominated by white male professors, the school widely publicized Mrs Warren's alleged Native American roots.

In 1996, school paper the Harvard Crimson quoted a Harvard Law spokesperson saying that 'of 71 current Law School professors and assistant professors, 11 are women, five are black, one is Native American and one is Hispanic.'

Mrs Warren's camp has not responded to any of the allegations that she has been inflating her ancestry for the benefit of her career.

I purposefully did not make reference to those bits as I am not confident they are factual.

AMR

CherubRam

2bgnen.jpg

:plain:

I don't know how you are able to keep a straight face. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So thank God I won't have to listen to anymore tin foil hat conspiracy rumblings and hedging about the bomber who couldn't mail straight. No, Occam strikes again. The guy was a Trump supporter. If you wrote or found yourself thinking it was part of some left wing conspiracy to garner sympathy before the midterms it's time to take a long, hard look at how you're processing and do better next time.

Shame on Rushed Limbaugh, Lou Dobbed (and his vanishing Tweet), Ann Coultergeist, Michael Savaged, etc. and all those who without a scintilla of evidence to suggest what happened wasn't found in the available facts, decided to move the fake bomb/leftist conspiracy nonsense to suit their histrionic bias and political hackery.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Therefore, something... :idunno:
Actually: So thank God I won't have to listen to anymore tin foil hat conspiracy rumblings and hedging about the bomber who couldn't mail straight. No, Occam strikes again. The guy was a Trump supporter. If you wrote or found yourself thinking it was part of some left wing conspiracy to garner sympathy before the midterms it's time to take a long, hard look at how you're processing and do better next time.

Shame on Rushed Limbaugh, Lou Dobbed (and his vanishing Tweet), Ann Coultergeist, Michael Savaged, etc. and all those who without a scintilla of evidence to suggest what happened wasn't found in the available facts, decided to move the fake bomb/leftist conspiracy nonsense to suit their histrionic bias and political hackery.

Let me know which word confused you and I'll break it down into simpler language to clear up the "something" that baffles you.

Has he been executed yet? Are we going to see justice?
Executed? Of course not.Due process is apparently very different here in my country. By which I mean we actually have due process here.

Justice? Likely.

Or are potential political gains all you care about?
There's no rational tether to your assumption.