Eternal Security !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

nanja

Thats right. He treats Christ's death with contempt, to say that the elect are born cursed, condemned, under Gods wrath, even after Christ has died for them, and reconciled them to God while being enemies Rom 5:10 !

Correct. He's in direct denial of scripture Rom. 5:10; Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8 just to mention a few.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's salvation by the works a man does Eph. 2:8-9 .

Utterly despicable!

You are unsaved. Belief in predestination doesn't get it. Only belief in the atoning blood of Jesus Christ saves.

John 3:16 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are deceived 2 Cor 4:3-4.

Here is the gospel. Do you believe it?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Nanja

Here is the gospel. Do you believe it?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

You have no spiritual understanding of the scriptures.

Nanja

So you had to believe the words of God to be saved, right?

No, believing God's Words is evidence that one IS SAVED!

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Believing/ Faith is a Gift of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, believing God's Words is evidence that one IS SAVED!

Believing/ Faith is a Gift of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

So then, believing is not a work, correct?

Nanja

So then, believing is not a work, correct?

Yes Believing is a work, a work of the mind.

But the Faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work (Gr. ergon) of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:7-8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So the only Believing that pleases God is the fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes Believing is a work, a work of the mind.

But the Faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work (Gr. ergon) of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:7-8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So the only Believing that pleases God is the fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So you believe in salvation by works since you believe?

God's Truth

That's salvation by works a person does Eph 2:8-9!

Paul was speaking about how we do not have to do the ceremonial works anymore.

We do have to obey.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Nanja

All those Christ lived and died for, they automatically become doers of the law.

You see, God imputed Christ's obedience to the law to them He was made a Surety Heb. 7:22 representative in behalf of.

Righteousness has been charged to their account, and their disobedience imputed to Christ Is. 53:6.

So in God's sight they are righteous, keeping all the law perfectly.

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Rom. 8:33-34
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

But for all the non-elect, whom Christ was not their surety, they must keep all the law perfectly or suffer the second death Rev. 21:8, for the wages of sin is death Rom. 6:23.

Nanja

Jesus lived and died for ALL men, for the whole world. Not all obey.

False statement.

Christ Lived and Died for all the World of His Sheep, or His Elect.

They automatically become doers of the law through Him their Surety Heb. 7:22; Rom. 5:19.

But the non-elect, those outside of the Election of Grace, are compelled to keep all the law perfectly or pay the wages for their own sins in the second death Rom. 6:23a; Rev. 21:8.

Now if Christ abolished death for all men 2 Tim. 1:10 without exception, there would be no second death for them to go to, it would have been abolished!

Status
Not open for further replies.