Elohiym & the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatumba

Freak said:
elohiym stated:
"I will say this, I don't limit God to a trinty, or to quantify Him anymore than he quantifies Himself."

Originally Posted by godrulz
Do you believe the historical, traditional understanding of the Trinity (like Catholics believe)? This is not a trap, since I think it is not a salvific issue like the Deity of Christ.

elohiym answered:
No. (Rest your case.)

elohiym, this is puzzling. Are you denying the historical truth of God's nature, that He has revealed Himself as the One true God in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
Both you guys are out to lunch...
Can't you undestand that the trinity is wholestic, and thefore all inclusive of Man's or the Son of Man's exixtential reality; that is within space and time????????????????
As the apostles clamored in Jesus Christ Superstar, "what's the fuzz." :dog:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Catatumba said:
Can't you undestand that the trinity is wholestic, and thefore all inclusive of Man's or the Son of Man's exixtential reality; that is within space and time????????????????

It's "What's the BUZZ...tell me whatsa happenin..."

Your statement is incoherent to me. The triune God preexisted the creation of the universe. He is the uncreated triune Creator. Creation is distinct from God.

elohiym

Catatumba said:
How can you claim that I am out to lunch based on my statement that "I don't limit God to a trinty, or to quantify Him anymore than he quantifies Himself."

How can you claim that I am out to lunch based on my answer "no" when asked if I believe what Catholics believe regarding the trinity?

Don't act like a fool. :mrt:

The person who satrted this thread is not out to lunch either, but he is a wicked person that continues to sin while blaming his sins on his flesh. That's more like out to hell. He is also presently banned (yet again). :chuckle:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Qey Zen Nao said:
Isnt it easier to perceive him as One deity that humans perceive in three distinct forms?

Or am I sabbelist? :noway:

Revelation > reason. Sabellianism= modalism= Oneness= Jesus only...

The biblical record is that there is one God by nature/essence. Within the one spirit of God are 3 personal distinctions. Offices or modes are not personal. The Father relates to the Son as a distinct person, not as one person stepping into other offices throughout history.

Status
Not open for further replies.